A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

OOC - Out Of Character chat

Go down 
+2
MeNotHolgar
Boomerwang
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:48 am

Eh...better than a lizard man calzone golemn Wink
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:56 am

I posted a new initiative, but not sure if you needed one, I posted a new initiative at beginning of combat w/weasel last post as well.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue12/18OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:12 am

Boomerwang wrote:
Surprise rd: Squin misses dire weasel, dire weasel bites Squin (Squin takes 5 dmg) and latches on!

Rd1: Alterith's dagger hits dire weasel (seriously wounded); Dire weasel immediately starts drawing blood with its teeth (Squin takes 5 Con dmg).
Ouch, that's 11 hp worth. Shocked

Jerry, quick clarification question (only to help with the description when I make my post), where did the dire weasel bite / latch on?
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Nice profile pic Ben. Yeah thanks for Alterith's new Initiative. And yes, krytox lizard man calzone golem would be like CR 9001. "... IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAND!"

Zadok, cool. I'd say the dire weasel probably bite you on the leg. We'll say the quadricep (upper leg) with its jaws angled to the side. It basically sunk its teeth in so as you're waving it around it's rending the flesh more.

Sorry for missing the post on Saturday, I'll be posting today.
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Laurie and I won't be able to post until tomorrow. Still in Florida away from all resources, but we should be able to post shortly after getting back to Chicago tomorrow afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 pm

How was the other park?
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi group,

Guys, looks like Tim's wedding was lots of fun. Fantastic! As always, hoping the best for him.

Sorry for missing my post yesterday. Work and school have been a little nuts. Since nobody has posted yet I'll wait until Saturday. Get your posts in as soon as you can please! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Jerry - when Laurie was posting she added in the stuff for the first round when Tex took his actions. I'm not sure how that will work as the actions happened, but the attack/damage was never applied to the dire weasel. I'm not sure what the weasel's health status is, but if the extra 5 dmg kills it prior to its second attack on Squin that could affect her actions (and possibly others' as well). Can you address this in this OOC thread prior to your next post so we can make sure everything looks good for the current actions? Considering we're hurting a bit as a party this could make a pretty big difference, especially if the 'Cure Light Wounds' could be saved for later. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:39 pm

So now there's a badger to go with the dire weasel? Thanks andrew Razz
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Yes, confirm dire weasel killed prior to second blood drain. Squin has sustained 5 con total (not the 9 total from both attacks since the 2nd is nullified).

I'm not sure if that would change the cure light wounds cast on Squin since he will still be badly wounded despite the last 4 con damage no longer counting.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue12/18OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:15 am

Due to ability damage, Squin's current constitution is 7, thus his max hp is 12 (not the 18 listed under the character hp in the post sidebar/info (or whatever it is called).
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 am

Thanks for posting, folks. Sorry for my delay - Andrew, this is your chance for Rasa to do some damage before I post tonight.

Alex, can you give me a Fort save for Krytox? Thanks.

P.S. In the spirit of just catching up with you all, after tonight my schedule will loosen up slightly. I'm turning in a school project tonight that is sort of awesome - it was supposed to be "tabloid articles" but my taecher let us "do whatever" as an alternative (since we just have to demonstrate we understand the program and fulfill the assignment requirements of length, level of complexity, etc.). So I decided (Alex you're gonna love this) to create my own Battletech Technical Readout articles/entries. They're interactive too. I'll have to let y'all take a look when I get the chance. :)
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 6:56 pm

oops! I just added it to my previous post.

Also - I'm excited to see the project!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:32 pm

I'm just gonna post my fort here rather than taking another ingame post for it as my actions aren't changing from previous post.

Fort: +6
Random number (1,20) :
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:47 am

Boomerwang wrote:

[spoiler="Squin"]
So uh, just for fun? Or is there something I need to know before I make my next post?
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue9/14OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:53 am

you died..... didn't jerry tell you? Roll a new character Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:35 pm

You found a scroll of teleportation, a potion of bull strength and a magical short sword of +NINE THOUSAND.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:45 am

Nah, he wrote a spoiler for you, but since you're character is deaf you didn't hear what he told you about your situation Wink He's just helping you play in character Wink
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:09 am

Snaphin wrote:
Boomerwang wrote:

[spoiler="Squin"]
So uh, just for fun? Or is there something I need to know before I make my next post?

Whoops, typo. Proceed.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:07 am

Happy Friday, all!

Judging from lack of activity, you all have probably been busy. Hopefully life is going well for you (or at least okay)!

I hope no one is too disappointed, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow (Sat night) to post. At that time, I am going to auto-resolve this battle - it's dragged out too long, much longer than my original intentions, and I think it may not be entertaining us the way I thought it would. You have my apology on that (if it's true). Either way, I want to push forward and conclude Chapter 4 because there's some exciting stuff ahead, so if you have been able to post thus far, don't worry too much!

Take care, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:53 am

Unfortunately the only character who would be looking for secret passages to get us out of this back room is Rasa who happens to only post once a month or so. The rest of us are combat oriented and so all we can do is set up and prepare to fight. With the entanglement spell in the hallway we really can't do anything except set up our defenses for when the spell ends and the goblins, kobolds, etc come running down to kill us. Having us post every single round during the spell is really dragging this out given that there is pretty much absolutely nothing new that we can do. If there are no secret passages out of the room then there is really absolutely nothing we could be doing right now other than what we are doing. So yeah, as I said before, in the future in these kinds of encounters if nobody is doing anything special just auto-roll all our saves (or make a single post saying we will need 8 fortitude saves or whatever and we'll just post them all at once). This will allow us to fast-forward past the sitting and waiting portion of adventure. It's kinda like when you are reading a book, you don't get pages and pages telling you how they sat and waited for the rain to stop so they could go hunt the thief in the woods. They sit in the cave and you get maybe a paragraph summarizing what happened: "X started the fire and made dinner while Y and Z tended to their wounds and cleaned their weapons. As Y's watch ended the clouds broke and he roused his companions to continue the pursuit" That's all you need, then you covered the game time in a single post or two and the story can move onward to bigger and better things. It's different if we are planning something or plotting, but in that case you'll see the post count increased as we talk back and forth and interact with little to no DM intervention. Then you only need to post when we resolve to do/try something. In this case we've resolved to build a barrier of barrels similar to the kobolds, with a gap in the middle for Krytox to work his chain magic as the kobolds/goblins are funneled forward. If they are at the end shooting missiles at us we can just hang out behind the barrels and wait for them. If the spell ends and they stay down there firing down the hall, then post that point of the story so we can then plan and take action to deal w/that. But saying "they fire at you and the spell is still there, make another fortitude save" I mean, what can we do with that?

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm really enjoying the overall gaming experience and I like how you are running things and giving us the time we need to make the best decisions and giving us opportunity to try everything, but at the same time the nature of forum roleplaying is going to naturally slow down the game. Further slowing it by drawing out the slow periods seems unnecessary to me. It's always a judgment call as to whether someone is actually going to try something, but they can always post an interruption to the action. "You set up the wall as the arrows continue to fly down the hall. After completing it you sit behind the barrels waiting for the spell to end. Krytox took 8 dmg, Alterith took 7 dmg, Squin took 4 dmg. Suddenly you notice the plants recede back into the rock leaving broken rubble where they forced the cracks wider. The kobolds and goblins don't appear to be pushing forward, and peeking around the corner an arrow whizzes past your head. Luckily the cover of the barrels provides sufficient cover to keep your head from becoming the first meat on the shishkabob." That way we've covered everything. If we want to interrupt that whole period we can. "Seeing the arrows coming, squin decides to leave teh barrel rolling to the fighters and hangs back behind the wall out of sight...ok, so squin didn't take the dmg because he wasn't there, that's an easy fix. Just my thoughts. If you agree great, if not, it's your game, run it the way you think works best.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:25 am

I agree with the above. Jerry, you are doing a great job, and I am really enjoying it. I think the fast-forwarding is a good idea, and I feel that it would only be a thing to improve the game play. It is definitely not something necessary, but can improve the overall gaming experience.

RaSa wrote:
you died..... didn't jerry tell you? Roll a new character Twisted Evil
Nope, I am deaf so I didn't hear it.

MeNotHolgar wrote:
You found a scroll of teleportation, a potion of bull strength and a magical short sword of +NINE THOUSAND.
I like it, especially the magical short sword of +NINE THOUSAND. Very Happy

Alterith wrote:
Nah, he wrote a spoiler for you, but since you're character is deaf you didn't hear what he told you about your situation Wink He's just helping you play in character Wink
Gotcha. Wink
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:21 am

Points taken. Cool.

I agree with almost everything said, except I don't like the idea of interruptions. Therefore, we'll move forward, and please note the following:

- We're going to avoid player interruptions as much as possible. Whatever is posted for your character is final, because I'll only be posting for your character if you miss the posting deadlines (Wed, Sat). Chances are I'll act for your character if you're gone with an "excused absence" if it's "unexcused", that's when I'll probably just let your character sit (they can still be a target for enemy attacks, since they are still there).

- If you are rolling dice after the fact, please make a new game post and do not edit one of your old posts. This ended up causing more confusion for me. Dont' worry about using flavor text if it's a waste of time - justa simple "ooc: Rolling for [whatever], XX" will work great. Just in case, reminder - please don't post dice rolls in this ooc thread, it's for chat only.

- If you are going to be waiting out something (in this case the entangle spell), you MUST make a game post clearly indicating "ooc: [Billy Joe Bob] is going to wait out the [spell effect or whatever] and isn't going to be doing anything." It caused some confusion when game posts were still being made but the expectation was to just wait out the entangle spell. From now on, the intention to wait something out must be stated.

In this case, using these guidelines, the first encounter battle would have ended, the entangle spell would have continued, and then your next posts would be "ooc: Krytox/Alterith/Squin/Rasa/Philo wait out the entangle spell/aren't doing anything until the entangle spell ends."

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:54 am

Sounds fair enough. thanks
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character chat   OOC - Out Of Character chat - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Out Of Character chat
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next