A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

OOC - Out Of Character

Go down 
+4
Alterith
RaSa
MeNotHolgar
Boomerwang
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

OOC - Out Of Character Empty
PostSubject: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 11:08 am

Novemterra game-related issues only please. Technical problems with website features belong in the Anything forum. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 10:36 pm

All,

Please note that for the most recent post I made (#8), there are three options (not just two):

1. Knowledge (appropriate)
  2. Intelligence
  3. Gather Information

You select one of the bulleted points mentioned in post #8, select one of the above methods for how you will find out more detailed information, and roll. I plan to post within 24 hours so please note accordingly. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 11:06 pm

added intelligence roll to my most recent post.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character Left_bar_bleue9/14OOC - Out Of Character Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 12:14 pm

on a side note, this campaign chapter is called "a shining pillar of deception." we are going to a lighthouse. Lighthouses shine for boats to see at sea, and they look like giant pillars. coincidence? i think not. Either the lighthouse is the deception, and going there, we're wasting our time, or it's a deception to the town as a good thing, and it's well worth our time.

just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:45 pm

i know that normally i pick on you a bit andrew, but good catch on this one. not sure how to interpret the title, but at this point it would seem to have something to do with the lighthouse. i certainly didn't make the connection.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:56 pm

Lol, the fact that Jerry gave us so many ways to get to the lighthouse, and most of our options of travel involve going to the lighthouse, I'm assuming we are supposed to head there...its that whole dm guidance issue Wink
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:04 pm

depending on what I find in the environs around town my preference would be to just explore ourselves overland or at most take the 4 sp guide. Charisma +1
Random number (1,20) :
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character Left_bar_bleue9/14OOC - Out Of Character Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 10:23 pm

Just for everyone's reference....
Boomerwang wrote:

1. Overland: No fees, 5 days.
  2. Overland with guide: 4 sp, 4 days.
  3. Overland with ally: 5 gp +10% spoils, 4 days (helps with encounters).
  4. Oversea by transport: 100 gp, 2 days.
  5. Oversea: What are you, Superman?

[i][color=gray]Please vote in OOC, or state your intention to abstain. Along with your vote, add a Diplomacy (or Charisma) check. This will be used to resolve ties/differences. Thanks!

What i'm against
-I'm 100% against the ranger. we have 2 fighters and 2 sneaks. If he were a caster, i'd consider it, but i don't think anyone else wants to give him 10% of our spoils.
-Also, while the oversea by transport is tempting because we'd get there safe and sound, we'd miss out on any xp points gained in travel encounters, so i'm also against this. metagaming ftw!
-Going alone would lead to pitfalls that could be hazardous to our healths. you guys may have some hp to kill, but i still only have 7 hp, and stepping into a spawning ground of carnivorous plants since we don't know where we're going is not my idea of a good way to stay alive. come on, you all know jerry better than that.

First choice: hiring a guide. He will know how to keep us out of real unnecessary trouble, and get us there a day faster. that's one less day of worrying about carnivorous plants. AND he only costs 4 sp/day

Second choice: Oversea. I've always wanted to learn to fly :) give me some time (and levels) and i'll be able to cast fly spells (or get someone to cast them for me)

So honestly, lets go with the guide, it's the second safest, and the second most cost effective, making it, in my opinion, the best option.

Random number (1,20) :
no cha or dip mods.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 10:42 pm

i thought rangers had some spells? maybe they have to be slightly higher level for those spells to make any difference though...

anyway, i agree that the guide seems like a good choice. what is the conversion from SP to GP? 4 sp/day for 4 days each way would be 32 sp. A boat would be 100 gp... too expensive. The ranger still isn't a bad choice though, I mean one more bow/sword for 10% doesn't seem that bad. Instead of getting 25 gp for every 100, you'd get like 22.5... not that bad of a trade off.

1) Airship (do these exist? how does one travel between shells?)
2) Ranger
3) Guide

Random number (1,20) :
^^ no modifiers
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:35 pm

it's actually 1 sp per day for the guide. it's a 4 day trip.

10cp = 1 sp, 10 sp = 1 gp, and 10 gp = 1 pp. it's very easy to remember once you get it down once Wink kinda like the metric system. why haven't we switched to it yet? oh well......

Rangers can have spells, but jerry specifically stated a low level ranger, and you'd have to be level 4 and have a high wis modifier to start getting spells as a ranger
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:55 pm

Alrighty folks, thanks for your input, now for some clarifications.

1. Correct, it is indeed 4 sp (total) one way. Thus there and back would cost 8 sp.
  2. Rangers on Novemterra do not cast spells. Instead, they receive additional class features (see Class Compendium).
  3. 100 gp obtains two boats for you, not one. This is a nearly insignificant fact at this point, but worth mentioning for future reference (purchase price of a typical two-seater rowboat is ~50 gp).
  4. Airships are not available here.

Some background on airships on Novemterra: They are almost never available except to city governments, royal families, the more powerful aristocrats/businessmen/merchants/ambassadors/militaries, and the wealthiest of common citizens. Airships are almost always used for off-Shell travel - only the occasional super-rich entrepreneur who has money to burn will bother traveling by airship overland (though sometimes in national states of emergency a kingdom will use airships to transport troops, supplies, or important people). Ride fares for even the dinkiest airship are prohibitively expensive, and average commoners could only afford such a trip at most on a couple occasions during their lifetimes.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 12:08 am

air airships the typical Final Fantasy style airships? or are they more advanced?
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 12:38 am

the 8-Bit Theatre style airships! (read: death-trap)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 9:34 am

OH NOES!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:36 pm

RaSa wrote:
air airships the typical Final Fantasy style airships? or are they more advanced?

Depends on the region/nation, and the Shell. There's all different kinds on Novemterra. The most common are air balloon zeppelin-types with propellers, similar to Final Fantasy styles. These usually use some sort of steam power. There are also predominantly steam-powered vehicles (no balloon usage), and some that run on fuels similar to Earth gasoline. None of these vehicles can rival the speed of even the slowest modern-day Earth aircraft (i.e. you'll never see anything travelling remotely as fast as a fighter jet). Speed and style-wise, they can be thought more of as large sailing vessels through the air, which if I'm not mistaken, would be more along Final Fantasy style lines.

Ben, let me know if Alterith plans on riding his mount through the peninsula, or if he leaves it at the town. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
silverdrak

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character Left_bar_bleue1/10OOC - Out Of Character Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)
Offense: Init: +4, Melee/Ranged: +3/+5, Damage: 1d6 (+2)
Defense: AC/Touch/Flat-footed: 21/15/17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 pm

my bad guys, been kind of out of it this past week (aka mad forgetful, it's kind of weird) i'll try to not be out of it so much =]
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 10:04 am

were we given rations at some point? or would have i had to buy some? cuz i definitely would have if i did....
Back to top Go down
silverdrak

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character Left_bar_bleue1/10OOC - Out Of Character Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)
Offense: Init: +4, Melee/Ranged: +3/+5, Damage: 1d6 (+2)
Defense: AC/Touch/Flat-footed: 21/15/17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 10:43 am

can we assume that by "getting ready", we can go buy things?
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 10:56 am

Krytox hasn't used the bathroom in the entire time we've been playing... can we assume that by 'getting ready' the big ugly can drop the kiddies off at the pool?
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 11:59 am

MeNotHolgar wrote:
Krytox hasn't used the bathroom in the entire time we've been playing... can we assume that by 'getting ready' the big ugly can drop the kiddies off at the pool?

EWWWWWW GROSSNESS!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:51 pm

Hahaha. Yeah sure, you guys can go ahead and "gear up now." In-game this will simply have taken place back at Seawell. Standard equipment from the Player's Handbook is available.

I had just assumed that all you guys bought rations for yourselves upon character creation. Seemed like a common thing to do back when we played tabletop so I didn't think about it. But if you didn't, then yeah, you'll want to grab some. Or else you'll be hunting for your own food and, failing your Survival checks, you'll have to go hungry.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:08 am

Just letting you all know that I will be incognito for the next week or so, I'll be in Ocean City New Jersey from Friday night (tomorrow) through next week sunday, August 10th. I most likely won't have internet access, but you never know, I might get lucky.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Thanks. I (and Jack) will also be unavailable until 8/4/2008.

Eat heartily mates, for this coming afternoon you die here on the shores of Seawell. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 9:30 am

*sigh* Guess that makes me the only one around... since Andrew hasn't been posting with any kind of frequency of late.

Boomerwang wrote:
Eat heartily mates, for this coming afternoon you die here on the shores of Seawell.
Don't worry guys, with everyone else gone it makes me acting DM.... right? I'll flip a coin and only one of you will be beaten to death with Mike's leg by the raging goblin. That should appease Jerry for when he returns! At least temporarily...
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 2:53 pm

MeNotHolgar wrote:
*sigh* Guess that makes me the only one around... since Andrew hasn't been posting with any kind of frequency of late.

Eh, i've just been really lazy. summer and excessive amounts of exercise does that to me when it comes to online stuff. That and i have a ton of stuff on my mind, like interviewing, finding a job, finding a place to live in 2 weeks when i get kicked out of my apartment (only current option: parent's home), training for a triathlon i still haven't signed up for, seeing friends before they all go, and working at applebees.

I will try to be less lazy i swear..... or at least will try after the 4th Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Out Of Character
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next