A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone

Go down 
+4
MeNotHolgar
RaSa
Alterith
Boomerwang
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
safirgar

safirgar

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/8Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)
Offense: damage: 1d6+2, attack: Melee: +2, Rng.: +2, Init: +2
Defense: AC: 15, flat footed: 13

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 4:56 pm

The Traveler breaths a sigh of relief when the lizard falls to the halfling's blade. When he hears Mystia's voice, his head snaps toward the sound reverberating off the corridor walls. He nods to Alterith and sprints down the hallway as fast as his legs can carry him. "I better get there to help, before you slay all the enemies, Alterith!" He moves quickly past the halfing. He knows Alterith is in dire need of rest and is incredibly determined... stubborn, even. The sooner this threat is eliminated, the sooner the child will get to safety and the party will be able to rest. He could not deny, though, the thrill of combat, despite his training and discipline. Cleansing the world of evil just felt so right... He would have to learn to curb the... enjoyment... of it all. He would deal with that later, there were more important things at hand than whether he liked or disliked fighting.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #61   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 7:34 pm

The Traveler, Alterith, Rasa and Skythar scramble back up the barracks region to the prison corridor where they had fought the ravenous gnolls before. Mystia is there with the young boy they rescued.

Krytox, Squin, and Random wait for quite a long time. But silence waits longer, the tension almost unbearable.

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Itd3
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16/33Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:22 pm

What is going on back there...?

Krytox' muscles begin to ache as he stays in his ready stance. Though he has seen numerous combats, his concentration begins to wane and eventually breaks. The strain of the previous battles obviously taking its toll. Without the healing potion he would be dead at least once over. One's body is not meant to be damaged and healed in such succession repeatedly. His eyes shift from the door as his body relaxes slightly. His scaly head turns towards Squin and he gives a shrug as if to say "Well? Now what?"

Just moments before, the pounding and breathing seemed so prominent, yet now there was nothing but their own muted sounds. Maybe whatever it was went somewhere else? That door does look like it was meant to keep something out of here... or trapped in there... but what in Dakkon's name is it? He returns his attention to the door, but the silence remains deafening. His large feet scuffle along the ground as he takes a few cautious steps forward. His clawed hand braces his body against the wall as he leans past the crude barricade. Mystia's calls can be heard as she returns to the others. Krytox attempts to block out the background noise as he strains his ear-holes to pick up anything out of the ordinary beyond the great metal door.

Listen: 4 + 1 = 5

OOC: damn... I blame that bad roll on Mystia calling too loudly, hehe
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/8Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 1:23 am

The Traveler raises an eyebrow and surveys the scene. He sees nothing dangerous and then looks confused at Mystia. After a time, noticing everyone looking at the barricaded door, he finally asks "What happened?"
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/18Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 2:43 am

Confused about the recent progression of events, Squin looks around nervously just in case whatever it was had some new tricks. Seeing Krytox's shrug, he shrugs back as if replying, "Don't know." This sudden silence is making him more nervous. I never thought I would prefer that constant banging. At least then I knew what was going on. Seeing Krytox attempting to listen, Squin keeps quiet, then decides to try and listen too since there is not much else he can do at the moment.

Listen: 18 + 6 = 24

Blocking out Mystia's voice, he strains hard and focuses on the eerie silence, trying to pick up whatever clues he can get. Slowly, carefully, and quietly, he pulls out his (short)bow and holds it ready at his side in his left hand.

MeNotHolgar wrote:

OOC: damn... I blame that bad roll on Mystia calling too loudly, hehe

OOC: You just need more practice tuning her out. lol!
EDITING: Added quote, text modified after roll result, and this edit

Last edited by on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue-9/8Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 4:49 am

[ooc]ooc: oh snap, don't you two EVER tune ME out...

anyways, we *did* roll initiative, so unless combat ended (which Jerry didn't say it did), I'm going to pretend like it didn't.[/ooc]

Mystia looks behind her at the suddenly silent iron door. Whatever was banging earlier had stopped, giving her all the more reason to push her male companions to the front lines. She gestures towards the door, saying, "There was this awful banging noise earlier, and us four had braced for the worst. I came to get you for backup...don't let your guard down, whatever was banging on the iron door earlier is still beyond that door."

She looks at Squin, hoping to have him back her up somehow, feeling a little uncomfortable, being stared at, almost incredulously, by her battle-hardened companions. As everyone walks by her and into the room, [ooc]assuming that happens[/ooc] Mystia suddenly notices Rasa's charred clothing. "You should probably stay back here with me and the boy before you seriously injure yourself..."

[ooc]we can have a nice tea party, and eat crumpets, and talk of the latest homemaking techniques...oh, and that burnt clothing will never do, it'll ruin the mood. you'll have to find something much cuter to change into.[/ooc]
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue31/21Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 8:16 pm

ok, now I'm rather disturbed...shall we put rasa in pink with ribbons in his hair?

Seeing everyone standing around, Alterith drops his axehead to the floor and leans on the haft, exhaustion taking its toll. The adrenaline that has kept him going begins to wane, and it is all he can do to remain on his feet.

"If we aren't going in, perhaps we should make camp, post a watch and get some rest? Otherwise, lets get this over with as quickly as possible."

He looks around at his companions, his utter weariness apparent to all around him. It has been a long day of almost nonstop battle. He has fought 8 battles so far today without any real rest, and he has led the way into each of those fights. Blood stains every garment he wears, and coats his armor (though most of it isn't his own) and he has cuts and lacerations covering his arms and legs. Sweat streaks his face, and his breath comes in deep heaves. However, his eyes tell the others that he still has not completely exhausted his reserves. Strength still flows in his veins, his muscles still flex, and his spirit has not yet been truly tested.

"Well, what's it gonna be?"

He heaves his ax to his shoulder, wondering if someone didn't add some extra steel to the head when he wasn't looking. He begins marching towards the barricaded door and then stops beside the crates, watching his companions, awaiting their decision.
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:52 pm

I mean, he IS an elf... they're into that sort of thing. Faeries...

"I will watch the door first, I am not fatigued and I haven't had the opportunity to break a sweat yet, except for those zombies. The rest of you can rest for a bit, I will alert you all if there's a problem. Though, I don't believe I will have to."

He walks into the room and leans against the wall wit his arms crossed. He stares at the door, though he is meditating.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/18Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 4:22 am

Speaking quietly, "Yeah, whatever was banging was making quite a racket and seemed like it was going to break through eventually. It stopped almost as soon as Mystia started running down the hall yelling to you guys. Hopefully there isn't another way out of that room that we don't know of." Pausing briefly, he responds to Alterith's question, "Personally I would like to get this over with, yet at the same time I'm afraid we may not be in any condition to face whatever it is. So I'm not sure which option would be best."
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue31/21Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Alterith nods his understanding.

"Perhaps it would be best to be done with this so that we can get a good nights rest, sleeping soundly and safely. Anything we get now is gonna be light and restless at best."

Alterith looks to the others for confirmation before moving onward, however.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue9/14Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 10:52 am

"I'd be with Alterith on the break...." Rasa touches the large burn mark on his lower back from the device that the weird lizard creature blasted him with....
"I'd probably be useless in the next fight after this wound..... so it may be a good idea to heal up. Plus, if Mystia has her healing spells to cast, we can keep everyone alive and healthy."
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16/33Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 1:23 pm

"Not care" Krytox mumbles, "can still fight. Boy must be safe." He continues to pay little attention to the rest of the party. Again, he turns his back to them and listens intently to any discernable sounds emanating from the metal door. Stupid elf... did he light himself on fire? Heh heh....
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 4:35 pm

Alterith looks to Mystia, as it seems everything depends on her status and decision. He is ready to act on either case, though some rest really would do him well. Perhaps there is rest for the dead he thinks to himself with a chuckle. This thought reminds him of something else and he works to catch Rasa's eye. When he does so he signs a message to his friend. See pm
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue9/14Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Rasa gives a quick nod to Alterith. This bit of information also interests him.

He then also looks to Mystia for a sign of approval.
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 4:27 pm

The Traveler watches the exchange between the halfing and dark elf. It must be some sort of sign language. Clearly Alterith told Rasa something he didn't wish the rest of the party to hear. He says nothing, but notes the response and waits to see what happens next. He also listens for any sounds coming from beyond the door.

Spot Check: 16+3= 19
Wisdom Check: 14+3= 17
Listen Check: 19+3= 22

Because I have nothing better to do right now...
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue-9/8Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Mystia looks up at her newfound companions...and nods approval. "Let's get this over with, and return this boy to his family."

"Rasa, you stay here with me and the boy. You should be careful the next time you rush into things without thinking." She involuntarily chuckles, and walks to the iron door. "The big guys should probably do something about that door. Forget about 'sneaking' in at this point, we've silenced everything we've come across so far." Mystia makes a motion as if she was going to kick down the door, just for Krytox. She then walks up behind the barricade set up between the two rooms. "Rasa and I will stay here with the boy, providing backup from beyond the immediate reaches of whatever's beyond that door."

Mystia then steps out of the way, allowing the more experienced adventurers to get into position...
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #62   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 5:21 am

The decision has been made. The stronger group members laboriously move all the crates out of the way, grinding wood upon stone. After several minutes, the iron door creaks open slowly.

The group beholds a large natural cavern. A wide fissure splits the cavern floor in two, and standing on the opposite side of the fissure is a tall half-orc wearing chainmail, atop a snarling armored sauropod, brandishing a big mace in their direction. There's no mistake - he must be Holg, the leader of the brigands who have caused so much trouble near Sesolston recently.

On this side of the fissure, a jumbled pile of rocks marks the spot of an old cave-in. Something small that the companions cannot quite see clearly is darting around in the rocks.

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Itd4

The "eye" looking enemy is actually two enemies: Holg himself, and the velociraptor-looking dinosaur, the elongated enemy underneath.

Holg casts the adventurers through the doorway an ugly grin. "You've caused quite a disturbance with my band," he snarls. "And I knew that Jinam fool from Impetus was incompetent. Still, his barrier was useful... for awhile." He winks evilly at the group, noting how most of them aren't native to Miderth. "Never send an off-sheller to do your dirty work I guess, heh heh heh..." he remarks, referring both to the group and the strange visored reptilian from earlier. As he talks, Holg pushes his mount forward a few steps, closer to the large fissure. His armored boot lifts and rests heavily upon a tightly sealed wooden barrel beneath where he sits.

"We were saving this Burning Plague for the townsfolk," Holg continues, "but I suppose you'll do in an instant. We can always get more from our stupid Jinam allies, after all." He kicks the barrel over, and it falls into the fissure. Shortly afterwards, the group hears the barrel break open at the bottom and air escaping with a hiss. After a minute, an ugly orangish fume slowly drifts out of the fissure.

"Erythnul!" Roars Holg. "Bathe me in my enemies' blood tonight!" He lifts his other hand. It is glowing with a sickly gray light.

Initiative!
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 9:12 am

Krytox might not understand everything that just escaped the half-orc's mouth, but he does understand there is one more enemy standing between him and temporary peace. His blood boils as he realizes the massive inbreed across the room intended to bring further pain and destruction to the region. Krytox immediately bursts through the opening with the safety of his companions heavy on his mind. As he begins to move, his hand instictively falls to the handle of one of his many throwing axes. The familiar wood grain feels smooth, yet rugged, as his fingers coil around it, comfortably resting in the battle-worn grooves. His long strides carry him quickly to the edge of the fissure (I8) where he issues a challenge to the mount and rider.

"My blood may be spillt, but your disgusting flesh will be devoured before the day is through," Krytox exclaims in increasingly good common. He almost surprises himself with the clarity and intensity of his words, yet the emotions continue to flow from his tongue, sending darts at his adversary. "I have not eaten well in some time and very soon, your strength will become mine, inbreed!" The final point is emphasized as his tongue licks the cold iron of his axe.

OOC: move to I8, draw throwing axe. (1) IF he goes to jump the fissure, THEN I will throw the axe immediately before he actually makes the jump (target=raptor). (2) IF he does not appear to be attempting to cross the fissure, THEN I will throw the axe anyway (target=raptor). Obviously the first will incur fewer range penalties and potentially knock him off his mount into the fissure.

Init: 16 + 3 = 19
Attack: 20 + 10 + 4 - (penalties) = 34 - penalties
(Threat: 12 + 4 = 16)
Damage #1: 4 + 5 + 1 (BFG) = 10 (no multiplier)
Damage #2: 2 + 5 + 1 = 8 (added to dmg1 if crit success)

Last edited by MeNotHolgar on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : me fail english? that's unpossible!)
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 10:05 pm

The Traveler notes the orange gas and covers his face tightly with his face mask. He says nothing, but moves to H9, a few steps behind Krytox. He maintains a constant gaze on the evil creature across the ravine. So, here is Holg... This one has caused too much pain to remain alive, he must be eliminated.

If Holg jumps the ravine, I will attack the raptor by kicking its leg to knock it down.

Init: 15+2=17
Attack: Flurry of Blows: 17, 20 (crit chance: 16)
Damage:1+2=3,
(can't remember what we were doing for crit so.. here are two options.)
if multiplier: (6+2)*2=16
if we're rolling twice: 6+2=8, 5+2=7
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 1:20 am

The only thing Mystia can hear is the rumbling of Holg's voice and the crunch of the barrel. She can't see much from her current vantage point, but she can see the boy clearly shuddering. Can't back down now... Mystia shifts around so that she can see Holg. ooc: wherever that is, I don't know. Hopefully it won't be more than 20 feet, so...

Init: 4+1 = 5
Int check: 4+2 = 6
Spot check: 4+2 = 6

ooc:....upon further ascertaining the situation, Mystia kicks Rasa in the balls and shuts the iron door with a swift kick. She then runs like mad and catches the next caravan to the north.....jk, lol. but man, those are some pretty consistent rolls, ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Seeing the acts of Holg across the chasm, Alterith feels the pull of the Abyss upon his soul. The darkness of that night surrounds him again. Suddenly he sees his friend collapse beside him, his head falling forward into the gruel in his bowl. Suddenly the night was filled with light, light everywhere as fires leapt from the enemies gauntleted fists. Members of Bloodlust's regimen fell like flies. This was technology the enemy was not supposed to possess. They were supposed to be a small outpost, lightly armed, and undermanned. Either the intel was bad, or another force had triple timed it through the night to reach the camp. Rolling to the side, and using his former friend as a shield, Bloodlusts arms began pumping, 1, 2, 3, 4 silver streaks of light flew through the night, and 1, 2, 3, 4 enemy casters fell to his glowing daggers. Others in his force began to gather together in small groups, rallying around the only officers they could find. The force attacking them turned out to be very small, but very well equipped. Soon whatever remained of them had slipped back into the night, leaving hundreds slain, and all the supply carts aflame. For years, Alterith would remember that gauntlet spewing fire forth into his ranks.

Shaking his head, Alterith returned to the present in time to see his allies rushing past him to meet the enemy. Holg does not wear the gauntlet, and the gray light seems more a control then a direct attack, perhaps it gives protection from this "burning plague", perhaps not. It is still reminds him of those casters that raided his camp as a young halfling. Trepidation surges up within Alterith, and his eyes are fixed on the gray light his opponent wears. The enemy is unreachable from this vantage point, at least for the moment, nothing to do but move closer and try to find some way across to him.

As he moves toward his enemy, Alterith tries to determine whether the attack will come from across the chasm, or if the lizard creature will attempt to jump the chasm. It was an animal, and a mount that Alterith was not all that unfamiliar with. He had cleaned the pens for similar mounts in his younger days of traveling with the armies. Knowing the manerisms used to keep the creatures in line, and prevent them from attacking their masters should they become dislodged from the saddle, Alterith takes an aggressive stance, attempting to intimidate the creature into throwing its rider, or angering it enough to encourage it to leap the chasm to challenge Alterith directly. He keeps a careful eye on the orange fog coming out of the chasm, and keeps a safe distance between himself and the nearest tendrils, roughly 5-10 feet, starting in H8
OOC: If the creature throws its rider:
Spoiler:

OOC: If the creature leaps the chasm to attack:

Spoiler:

OOC: If the creature neither throws its rider, nor attacks:

Spoiler:

Init:16+4=20
Sense Motive: 8+0=8
Handle Animal:18+5=23
Intimidate:12+1=13
Attack:20+10+5/7=35/37 / Crit Chance:18+5/7=23/25
Dmg Dagger:3+1+3+1+2+1= 11
Dmg Axe:7+3+7+3+1+3=24
Ride:17+6=23

OOC: I can't remember, there is no bonus to attack with a masterwork dagger, but there is +1 to dmg...or is it the other way around, or is it +1 to both? please update my values accordingly (I did dmg but no attack bonus). Also, you don't get a str bonus to a thrown weapon right?
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 4:45 am

"Burning plague? That can't be good." Squin glances around "Anyone know what it does and how do we counter it?". OOC: Yes, my punctuation is most likely incorrect. Something doesn't feel right, but I can't figure out what. Seeing the others move forward into the room, Squin follows them in. Moving towards the corner of the rock pile, he pulls out the better looking shortbow and an arrow. Giving the rock pile a quick look, he guesses whatever creature he saw there a moment ago aren't likely to be a real threat at this moment. Thus, he can ignore them for now.

OOC: Squin moving towards F9 if available (considering others may move first), if not somewhere to get a line of fire towards the creature/Holg not crossing the fissure, not at the front of the group, not near or in the orange fumes, and not directly on the edge of the fissure (thus not on any square with more than a corner taken up by the fissure).
If creature moves towards the group.
Spoiler:

If creature does not move towards the group.
Spoiler:

Initiative: 8+3 = 11
Intelligence: 4+3 = 7
Spot: 6+6 = 12
Attack: 12+5/6 = 17/18 (if target within 30 ft)
Damage: 2/3 (if target within 30 ft)
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 7:41 pm

Rasa stays near Mystia as she asked. It was logical. he was hurt, and he's not the best at this kind of grunt fighting work. but either way, he had faith in Alterith.... He loads his hand crossbow and aims it at the door. If only he had poison like he did back on shell 6, he would be more of a help. He'd try to get in a shot if he could anyway.

*holding action to when and if i have any type of shot at the boss from the other side of the door.*
Moves to the line between F/G -15
Back to top Go down
silverdrak

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/10Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)
Offense: Init: +4, Melee/Ranged: +3/+5, Damage: 1d6 (+2)
Defense: AC/Touch/Flat-footed: 21/15/17

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 6:29 pm

Skythar moves into position behind his allies, not yet drawing his weapon. The situation is vaguely familiar to him, as he reminisces about the hunts him and his people used to take part in. Just like at home... except this time, i have no idea what these people are going to do... Back at home, they used to lure the prey into a favorable position then pounce. Noting the orangish fumes emerging in the cavern, he suggests, "Maybe we'ssss wait for him heeereeee, he lesssss move aroundddssss." Looking at Mystia, Rasa, and the boy, he says, "Maybe sssssafer back fartherrss..." In any case, Skythar decides to remove the net from his back and wait for his companions to act.

initiative: 12+4 = 16
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #63   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 3:07 am

20 Alterith
19 Krytox
17 Traveler
16 Skythar
13 Rasa
11 Squin
5 Mystia

Alterith and Squin move and attack. Holg tries to twist his mount around to dodge, but too late. Dagger and arrow inflict deep wounds in the half-orc, who growls with pain. But he keeps control of his mount, and shows no sign of intending to leap the fissure. The Traveler, Skythar, and Rasa look on. Krytox rears back and throws an axe at the raptor. It screeches, suffering a deep cut.

Holg snarls at the group. "I have no weapons of my own with which to fight you off-shellers at range, and here you are pelting me with thrown blades! Such big, strong men resorting to such cowardice? Laughable!" The half-orc shifts his bloodstained robes. The sickly gray glow around his hand dissipates, and is replaced with a clean blue glow - one that looks familiar to the adventurers. Laying a hand upon his chest, some of his wounds disappear. The bloodstains, however, remain.

Mystia looks on with the boy.

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Itd5

If I forgot to address it earlier in ooc, masterwork weapons give +1 atk but not to dmg. Rasa doesn't yet have a clear shot (or whatever it was he was looking for?). And the map is screwy because I didn't have photoshop but I figured i could still post. =)

Edit Note: Sorry, turns out Squin actually did hit Holg.

Last edited by Boomerwang on Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next