A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone

Go down 
+4
MeNotHolgar
RaSa
Alterith
Boomerwang
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/18Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 4:13 am

"So the burning plague is not a weapon? Something that won't affect us negatively in anyway?" Squin counters, "We don't have a sauropod mount capable of fighting. Who knows, maybe you have offensive spells which we here don't. You can heal yourself, we can't." Pulling another arrow out, he continues "I suppose you fought the people you attacked on equal terms? Every single one of them. If you did then maybe we can fight you on equal terms."

If Holg and raptor make no aggressive action except more talk.
Spoiler:

If Holg and/or raptor make an aggressive action towards the group.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #64   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 2:04 pm

Holg laughs cruelly. "Spare me your sniveling, four-legged brat! You clearly have the brains of a mud-eater!" Holg waves his heavy mace over his head. "As if I could launch this upon you like the arrows and axes and blades you throw! Wretched lot. You have no magic, you claim, and yet you have him," the half-orc points at Random, "and her!" The finger shifts over to Mystia, past the doorway. "She may not be dressed like one but there are all kinds of faiths on this planet, stronger faiths and weaker faiths! She must be the latter, for she looks like the seaspawn of some garbagefish coughed onto shore!

"And perhaps you don't really have magic... the sorcerer you do have has his heads in the clouds! And this little half-pint sure knows how to run his mouth! No matter, it is of no consequence to me. Soon the Burning Plague will be upon your quaint little town, infecting everyone and spreading its virulent tendrils to all corners of the Kingdom of Somi!"
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
safirgar

safirgar

Number of posts : 111

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue8/8Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)
Offense: damage: 1d6+2, attack: Melee: +2, Rng.: +2, Init: +2
Defense: AC: 15, flat footed: 13

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 4:06 pm

So, it has come to this. This creature has caused too much pain and will only cause more unless we stop him. Perhaps this is the moment Master spoke of when he allowed me to begin my years as a Traveler. I must prove myself. If it is my destiny to gain a name in death, so be it. I do not fear death. I do not fear pain.

"You speak of cowardice, yet you are the one resorting to petty kidnapping and the use of magic on innocents. You claim we are somehow weak for utilizing the weapons available to us, when you are mounted. Yet here we are, separated by a ravine that you refuse to cross. You can do nothing but spit out insults and it seems that you shy from close combat. And you speak of cowardice?"

With that, the Traveler jumps the ravine and begins walking towards the creature. "I do not fear you, Holg, and I will not let you harm another innocent."

Jump: 17+5=22
OH, and if i need to make saves: here they are
Will: 2+4=6
Ref: 15+4= 19
Fort: 17+2=19

I don't know if I'm allowed to use my previous attack, but that's what I do if he attacks me. Let me know if I have to re-roll.

Last edited by safirgar on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue31/21Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:44 pm

"Only a fool would put himself on ground that is favorable to the enemy. What has honor to do with combat. I seek to kill you and you return the favor...why would I seek to make my task more difficult?"

During this line, Alterith has slipped his dagger into his palm, and on the final work he cocks back his arm and hurls another dagger at Holg himself.

Attack:14+7=21
Dmg:2
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/18Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:33 am

Raising an eyebrow, "Oh ... so you are adding people not in this room. In that case, you forgot to add all your kobolds and gnolls or whatever minions you had. We just have better tatics thus we're still here and they're not." Pointing at Random, "as for him, you had him locked up, so we only just ran into him. We have no clue what he is capable of." Nodding towards the Traveler, "Like he says, your arguments are flawed and you have no support or proof of your words via actions. Resorting to name-calling means that you've lost or are losing your arguments and thus need to switch to a new tactic. Now that you've decided to go down the name calling route... ..." Squin trails off and slowly break into smirking grin.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue-9/8Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 6:27 am

Mystia returns to the boy's side, confident that the "men" are able to finish their childish bickering soon and they can all go home. Or maybe she wasn't so confident, letting a small sigh escape her lips. The boy notices, but Mystia just smiles back at him.

Although she knows that there is a chasm separating the two, she cannot help but wonder what exactly was pounding on the door so fervently earlier. Surely it wasn't Holg and his mount, might it have been whatever was in the rocks? Seeing the injured Rasa load his crossbow and look into the room breaks her train of thought and she prepares herself to ask Sedna again. I guess men on any shell will be like this...

Thoughts of her own shell reminds Mystia of what Holg said earlier. How did he recognize me as being from Aquatrane? I thought I had concealed that well, but... She was definitely more interested in Holg's knowledge about her origins than the insults he had dirtied her name with. I definitely didn't tell anyone about that, and even the fishermen who work with me daily do not suspect it. He did say something about my faith...perhaps he knows of Sedna? He did say someone's name...Erythnul was it? Mystia turns things over in her head, her brow furrowed. Thoughts of the "battle" do not enter her mind, and she hopes that her companions will start using something other than words to hurt Holg's feelings.

ooc: I don't know if I should perform some kind of check to determine if I know Erythnul or not, and I don't even know if it will affect anything...but since i have no idea what i'm doing, i thought i'd check first. I'm also guessing it's either an int or wis roll, and my bonus is the same either way, so..whatever, just deal. lol;;

some kind of roll: 16 + 2 (wis or int) = 18
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue9/14Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:29 pm

Rasa continues waiting for an opportune moment to launch a crossbow dart right at Holg's face. Unlike his allies, he was not interested in talking...... just finishing the job and moving on.
Back to top Go down
silverdrak

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/10Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)
Offense: Init: +4, Melee/Ranged: +3/+5, Damage: 1d6 (+2)
Defense: AC/Touch/Flat-footed: 21/15/17

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 4:21 pm

Standing in the doorway, Skythar senses that something isn't right. Why is he just standing there? Why isn't he making a move? Could he possibly be stalling us for something? The lizardman pays extra attention to their surroundings to see if the group is missing something.

listen: 10+4 = 14
spot: 16+4 = 20

Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16/33Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:27 am

Saying not a word, Krytox springs into action. Taking two steps he leaps across the fissure. The air moving quickly past his body feels cool in the otherwise stuffy cavern.

If the jump is made
Spoiler:

If the jump is partially made
Spoiler:

If the jump is not made
Spoiler:

Jump: 13 + 10 = 23
Attack: 17 + 6 = 23
Damage: 5 + 5 + 1 (Omni-slash) = 11
Ref Save (if necessary): 10 + 5 = 15

Last edited by MeNotHolgar on Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add in Omni-slash damage when using the first melee attack)
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #65   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 10:36 pm

Gary, for future reference you'll need to make new attacks. I'll take 'em this time, in the interest of saving time.
Alex, need a Fort save for Krytox.
Jack, check your PM for Skythar Spot/Listen result info.
Zadok, check your PM for Squin Spot result info.

Alterith rears back and throws. The dagger grazes Holg's cheek as the sauropod mount roars and shifts. Krytox and The Traveler leap across the fissure without too many problems, the blackscale's tail whipping to and fro in the air and the monk's robes fluttering lightly about. They land and attack Holg further, inflicting deeper wounds. The enraged half-orc is now quite bloodied.

Rasa and Mystia continue holding. Random takes no action. Squin keeps his bow notched, hesitant to fire into the melee that now involves his new friends.

The half-orc roars and raises his hand. The sickly gray glow the group once saw upon entering the cavern appears again. Reaching downward with a savage swipe, Holg brushes The Traveler's cloak. Instantly, the monk feels some of his lifeforce escaping him, being sucked into the sickly gray glow. With a gasp of pain, The Traveler reels back. Holg's half-dead eyes light up with furious joy.

"Now, szarhim! Destroy the human!" The sauropod complies, bringing its wicked claws and teeth to bear. Though The Traveler is able to evade the savage power of the dinosaur's tooth-filled maw, he is unable to avoid its wicked scythe-like claws. His own blood flies from his body as his flesh is raked. Poison seeps into his body as cloudy darkness closes around his eyes. Despite the practically fatal blow, The Traveler somehow manages to stay on his feet.

"Heh! You're finished, human! You off-Shellers should not think yourselves tougher than you are!" He turns his ferocious gaze upon Krytox, brandishing his heavy mace.

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Itd6

Edited ~3:00am March 2 for consistency.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue31/21Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Seeing his friends stupidly rush into close combat, Alterith sees no help for it. Taking a running start, he hurtles the chasm attempting to avoid as much of the strange orange gas as possible. As an added precaution, he holds his breath while crossing through the glowing fog and doesn't breathe till he is about 10' away from the gaping pit. As he races forward he sends another winning smile in Holg's direction.

"So, did you make up all these insults yourself or find them in the fools journal weekly publication? You know, a tripointed hat with some pink bells would really suit you." Goad

As he reaches his opponent, he launches himself into the air, his axe swinging in a silver arc towards the half-orcs shoulder. He carefully lands astride the allosaur facing holg, barely holding his seat with his powerful legs.

Jump:13+5=18
Attack:18+5=23
Damage:6+3=9
Ride:5+6=11
Fort Save:19+5=24
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #66   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 7:09 pm

Alterith leaps over the gap. The halfling's feet hit the edge of the fissure and threaten to push the barbarian down into the small chasm. But Alterith lurches forward and finds his footing on solid ground. He leaps up a second time, and though is unable to take a hold of the dinosaur, Alterith's axe cuts a deep gash in Holg's leg. The half-orc rears back on his mount, roaring. He takes his attention off Krytox, and preapres to crush the halfling underneath the haft of his mace while clutching his leg.

Alterith is in I-4.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16/33Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Not one to waste an opportunity in combat, Krytox raises his great club like the children of his homeland playing "hit the rock with the big stick" and swings at the sauropod's exposed legs as it rears back. The action will hopefully serve two-fold as it may injure the terrible-lizard and knock Holg from the mount. Though, anything will do, for now, to draw the attention from The Traveler who is bleeding profusely, yet miraculously still standing. How much punishment can this half-breed endure? Certainly there are powerful magicks at work here.

Attack: 11 + 6 = 17
Damage: 10 + 5 = 15
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue8/8Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 7:31 pm

The Traveler searches his spirit for the strength he needs to stand.

There is no retreat, there will be no mercy offered to those this creature touches.

"Finished?" He spits the blood from his mouth, but it quickly refills. He focuses on separating himself from the vessel, his body. The pain it feels is not his pain. He tries to hold back the youthful resentment and rage in himself. He tries to fall onto his training, that he may regain control. He feels the adrenaline coursing through his veins. "Finished!? " He looks up at the mounted monster and bares his teeth, coated in his own hot blood. It leaks down his chin dripping onto the floor, as his head sags. He breathes in gasps, each sending a tremor through his body.

The Traveler lifts his head and makes eye contact with the half-orc. "Hnng.. Hnff.. I'm .. not finished." He moves quickly to the dinosaur and assumes a tightly boxed fighting style to protect his vitals. He delivers a blow to the dinosaur's head with his elbow.

OK, fighting defensively
Stunning fist: 19-4+2=17
Damage: 4+2=6
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue9/14Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 2:14 am

*Rasa continues waiting for the opportune moment :)*
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:57 pm

One moment sickened by the massive hit the Traveler took and the next amazed at him still standing and fighting. He should be unconscious if not dead by now. That was one powerful hit he took. Seeing Traveler in such a bad shape, he decides to go over and see if he can help him. Besides, now that the hisr allies are gathering around Holg, he might have to join them in order to help them. Unless he wants to risk hitting his friends, the bow is useless at the moment. Thus he puts the bow away and gauges his next action.

If there is a fissure gap that does not have orange smoke coming out of it.
Spoiler:

If there is orange smoke coming out of every gap of the fissure.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #67   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:43 am

Alterith hits Holg for the final time. The half-orc's eyes cloud over as he falls from his mount. Not sparing a second to celebrate, Krytox and The Traveler aim their deadly blows at Holg's spined raptor. Unfortunately, its thick carapace is considerably more so than Holg's armor, and the beast remains uninjured despite direct blows to the head and neck. Skythar hesitates as Rasa continues waiting for a chance to strike from a distance. Squin decides to hover back for now, away from the fissure - the orange gas is not spreading, but it covers the entire length of the fissure and bathes the air over its center in a sheen of orange tint.

The fact that Holg has been slain does not seem to deter his mount. It continues fighting, with lethality. Scythe-like claws slice through the blackscale's flesh, tearing through scales and bone. Mystia can only watch on in horror as Krytox falls away, terribly maimed and bleeding profusely.

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Itd7
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Seeing that the seat is now clear, Alterith immediately drops his axe to the ground to lighten his load, and makes a leap to the saddle that Holg formerly occupied. He attempts to gain control of the mount using his vast knowledge of many animals to try and calm and control it.

Jump:17+5=22
Handle Animal:12+5=17
RIde:10+6=16
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Wide eyed, the Traveler watches the mighty Krytox fall. He dodges under a claw and darts out of the sauropod's way. After watching the insane halfling jump onto its back, he searches for anyone who can heal the fallen lizard man. Noticing Squin, he rapidly nods his head and moves quickly to catch the potion. He moves close to the edge, claps his hands and opens them, to gesture Squin to throw it.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 5:56 pm

Krytox feels the sturdy cudgel impact against the thick scales of the sauropod. He is momentarily pleased as he knows from his history of violence, the blow would have felled many enemies, but something is immediately wrong. Not only is the creature still standing, but it almost has a look of condescension in its cold, dark eyes. The lizardman starts to pull the club back to help defend himself, but it's too late. The raptor's honed talons strike like quick jabs from a pugilist. A splash of deep red erupts from Krytox, followed by another, as the raptor shows no mercy to his previous assailant.

All sound stops and Krytox feels a cool breeze on his wounds where his luminous, dark scales had just been. He is quickly overtaken by a deep warmth and suddenly feels as if nothing matters anymore. Forgive me Dakkon. I'll see you soon...
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 10:46 pm

Rasa feels that his opportune moment is never going to come, so he gets up and walks to the door to see the carnage thus far. He's glad to see boss down, but the mount still attacking kind of intrigues him. either way, they should finish him off without too much more trouble. Alterith will survive at least. If things look grave for him, he might have to jump in, so he's hoping it doesn't come to that.....
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 11:20 pm

Squin carefully underhand tosses the potion over to the Traveler making sure that if by chance he errs he would overthrow it slightly rather than coming up short. Seeing the mount still fighting viciously he pulls out his bow again after tossing the potion over to the Traveler. Aiming at the mount, he notices that Alterith has jumped up onto the mount attempting to control it. Seeing this, he doesn't fire but takes a step back and watches carefully, ready to fire in need be.

OOC: Squin pulls out bow and takes 5-foot step away from fissure. Lots of questions, see OOC thread. d20 roll just in case.
d20: 7+? = ? *sigh*, not a good roll (but not absolutely terrible either). confused
Range touch attack: 7+5 = 12 The plus 5 instead of 4 because I'm assuming the Traveler is within 30 ft.

EDIT: The d20 roll into the appropriate roll check.
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 4:11 am

The Traveler watches the vial tumble through the air. Too much depends on his catching of this life sustaining liquid for him to drop it. He deftly snatches it out of the air and moves quickly towards the fallen lizard man.

Dexterity Check: 20+2=22
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #68   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 5:58 pm

The blackscale finds himself standing alone in a forest of glowing phosphorescent fungi. Charred black earth underneath his clawed feet mirror his own scales, marking his wartorn homeland. Great bones of some gargantuan creature long deceased jut forth from the ancient scorched earth like monoliths, now a part of the lay of the land. A nonexistent breeze flutters about in Krytox's mind. He knows no such thing exists in this dead wasteland he has come to call home.

A long figure stands before him, twenty paces away. A rugged, powerfully built human, with a complexion that would put even the strongest of his tribe to shame. Power radiates from the core of his body, and Krytox feels an inexplicable fear.

"Do not be afraid," a sturdy voice booms loudly all around him. Krytox looks at the raggedly-dressed man, sparsely adorned with precious metals spanning the colors of the rainbow. He has not moved, and his face is hidden behind a sinister-looking mask. But the mask radiates no evil, nor good, and the blackscale immediately knows that Dakkon has spoken.

"Do not be afraid," the voice speaks again, "... unless you are weak. For the strong shall trample the weak underfoot, and so shall it be forever and ever. For do not the less strong, once the weak have perished, become the weak?"

Dakkon lifts his right arm, which has been clutching a sword hung over his powerful shoulders. It is a blade, no larger than a longsword, solid black. Not black like the color black. But black like nothingness. Pure annihilation.

"Why are you here?" questions Dakkon, and Krytox tries to open his mouth to speak. He cannot. "Only the pathetic come here. Have I wrongly accepted you into my fold of strength?" Dakkon draws his blade fully. "Do not think of this question, do not doubt, or you shall surely die."

"Therefore shall I test you, lowly one. For claims of strength without tests of the same is folly. If you survive me, nothing shall stand in your way, not even those among your tribe who are no longer. But if you shall fall now, even my shadow will reject you, because the dust I tread upon slays dragons."

Dakkon points his blade at Krytox and lunges forward.

Those companions who can afford a glance at the unconscious lizardman sense some kind of internal struggle happening within.

The scene is sprawled before Rasa the dark elf: The bandit leader Holg slain and hung over the side of his sauropod mount, which is still slashing at the group with its claws and teeth. He looks over in time to see Squin gingerly toss a delicate healing vial to The Traveler - the latter snatches it out of the air despite the near-fatal wounds he has suffered. He moves over to Krytox to administer the potion that will hopefully restore the big beast.

Suddenly Alterith springs onto the mount, and with a swift kick undoes the tangled reins, kicking Holg fully off the raptor. The half-orc's body ungraciously crashes to the ground at odd angles, somewhat disturbingly.

The halfling barely manages to hold on as the raptor begins dancing madly about, leaping and rolling and bucking. Alterith's grip is fast, however, and despite the spines on the raptor's back that poke at Alterith's legs (it hurts, but not enough to cause injury), he maintains a hold. However, attempts to calm it thus far are met with just more screeching, hissing and clawing at a target on its back it cannot reach.

Rasa smirks inwardly at the comical scene, laughing in the face of danger. But before he turns around to go, his sharp elven eyes catch something darting among the rocks of the cave-in to the left. A tiny reptilian creature the size of a dog suddenly bolts out of the rocks. Tendrils of electricity shoot from its swept-back ear-like horns and from the single protrusion at the front of its snout. Its arms and legs do not look as threatening as the raptor's (partially due to its much smaller size), but the electricity does look menacing. Its shifty head and eyes glance every which way, and pause slightly at the scene across the fissure. Then it utters a hiss, tongue clicking with electrical current, and darts toward Squin!

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Itd8

Last edited by Boomerwang on Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 7:11 pm

Krytox stares in awe at the imposing man before him. Dakkon. The name rings in his head as he stands there, jaw agape. The words spoken by this deity reverberate endlessly, yet are crisply cut short at the start of each new word. The aura of Dakkon is terrifying, but Krytox takes comfort being in his presence. My namesake.

"..."

The lizardman tries to speak, to explain, to ask forgiveness but only a deafening silence escapes his mouth. He tries to move, but the powerful words emanating from the man, nay, god in front of him prevent him from acting. Even Krytox' eyes are fixed on the all powerful being standing before him. The clouds behind Dakkon fly as if they are being chased by demons from the nine-hells, yet the mist rolling along the darkened earth slowly creeps along. He is everything. He is nothing. The knee high mist encounters the Blackscale's powerful legs and parts around them, creating small eddies as it swirls in slow motion.

Dakkon's booming voice abruptly ends and time seems to speed back to normal. Though, along with the rush of time, comes the charge of a seemingly angry god. A decision must be made and made quickly if the lizardman is to survive an encounter with his mentor from on high. If you are truly he, then your strength is also mine. As Dakkon begins his attack, Krytox raises his arms to the side and stares down his assailant.

"My power is as vast as the plains. My strength is that of the mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins," the lizardman states confidently, remembering the teachings of his youth. "I do not fear you. Now, I have seen the true path. I will not warm myself by the fire -- I will become the flame."

Dakkon's charge continues as light of every color reflects from his armor. Though, this shimmering light seems to be immediately sucked into the fearsome warrior's blade. The lizardman continues to boldly hold his ground, daring Dakkon to strike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone   Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Don't Go Into Dark Places Alone
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next