A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Chapter 3: Magically Delicious

Go down 
+2
RaSa
Boomerwang
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16/33Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Krytox' eyes widen as he sees the house shift. He nods in response to Squin's question and says, "Saw it move." The door slams shut, cementing the idea that something was very wrong with this situation. "We go," he says simply, but sharply conveying a sense of urgency.

He rushes to the front door and barges his way through. Following the noise of the commotion he sees Rasa throw one of his daggers into a room. The people must be in there... but there's not much space... he thinks as he puzzles quickly through the situation. He decides his best course of action is to try to get the man and woman out of harm's way if possible. The large blackscale charges into the fray with the intent on dragging the couple out of the cottage, literally if necessary.

OOC: If one or more of the above actions cannot be completed I will adjust as necessary. If this will take more than one round, that's fine too

Last edited by MeNotHolgar on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid door...)
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue31/21Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Alterith watches the wounds close before his eyes and a shudder passes through him. He's seen this kind of action before in a much darker time of his life. The demons eat the souls of their victims later using them to patch their borrowed bodies. The dark spirit inhabiting the flesh is only a temporary resident, though some remain in the same body for centuries or even longer.

"Your flesh seems to be sagging a little there. Perhaps I should shear some more of it off, return that girlish figure to a reasonable shape again. I mean, the flab just doesn't become you, must have been spending too much time with the elderly and the young, those unable to defend themselves."

Alterith continues throwing jibes at the creature while shifting his position slightly further into the room. He keeps himself interposed between the imp and the man on the bed, but at the same time he positions himself so that Rasa will have a better angle to flank the imp. Any other companions entering behind them would be able to enter the fight as well. Alterith spits more taunts at the creature to make sure that its focus remains on him and him alone.

"What pit did you spawn from? The daisy pit? I've never seen a creature so soft and squishy before."

As the tail grazes him, Alterith hardly skips a beat, he knows that any poison present will take time to kill him, and if the demon doesn't die first then anything else is moot. Perhaps the strike wasn't poisoned anyway. He continues sparring with the creature looking for an opening.

ooc: I know the creature didn't actually hit me yet, its just flavor text.

Attack:+6
Random number (1,20) :
Damage:+3
Random number (1,10) :
I'm not sure if it will be flanked this round or not, but that is what I am trying to force on it.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue9/14Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Rasa Immediately catches on to Alterith's ploy and jumps into action. He dives through the combat and rolls perfectly into position, causing a perfect flank with alterith. He and the halfling have done this many times, and clearly the knives weren't working. Once he was in position, he didn't waste any time in throwing his hand, spiked gauntlet and all, straight at the beast's backside.

Tumble: 16+6=22
Attack: 18 + 1(MW) + 2(flanking) = 21
Damage: 1
Frost damage: +6
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/18Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Not sure if going into the house is a good idea, Squin decides to go anyways as he figures it'll mean less chance of being separated from the group and possibly higher survival rate. Besides, they had a job to keep the supposed residents' of this house safe. Thus the centaur follows the blackscale through the doorway, hoping for the best. Between the commotion and the halfling's taunting, it was not hard to discern the location of the action.

As Krytox moves off towards the action, Squin trails closely behind. Realizing he is the last one, he glances around behind him to make sure there weren't any surprises waiting.

Spot: 5 + 6 = 11
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #3-12   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:32 pm

ooc: Initiative: Rd 3: Enemy 20, Alterith 18, Rasa 15, Krytox/Squin/Philomel 1 (temp)

Thx for the heads up Ben. Alex, Zadok, and Laurie, need your initiative rolls.

The demonic creature snarls at Alterith as it swipes with its tail again. atk 21 This time, the glancing blow draws a red line across the barbarian's already-scarred cheek, and suddenly the halfling feels - and practically sees - the room begin to spin wildly, as if he were in the middle of a centrifuge. His muscles grow taut as he struggles to maintain his balance and keep from retching...

Alterith: take 1 dmg and make Fort save.

The barbarian's counter swing against the impish creature misses. Rasa attempts to tumble past the creature but fails, landing at its feet. The beast immediately takes a swipe at him and misses as the dracen recovers quickly enough to dodge out of harm's way. [i]no flanking bonus Rasa strikes with the gauntlet but misses.

The creatures hideous hide heals fully. It opens a mouth full of small, razor sharp teeth and grins savagely at Alterith. "Better my 'sagging' flesh than yours just flayed, Shell-turned scum."

Krytox: auto Str check = 12

Krytox charges up the steps to the house, diving into the door. Even as he is about to make contact with the door, it seems to lurch toward him at the last moment, and the reptilian thuds into the door and takes a few steps back, stunned that it has only been dented slightly. What was that... it seemed to bash me back!...

Squin looks behind him into the wilderness to see if any trouble is lurking about. His centaur eyes detect a hint of movement from just outside the grove, an almost elven form.

ooc: Laurie, you may post after reviewing the PM I sent you. Philo is the reddish circle. Welcome and enjoy!

Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Ch3-12
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue31/21Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Alterith attempts to fight through the dizziness. This weakness in himself is not to be tolerated. "Ha, thats what happens when you try to do the fighting" a familiar voice calls from the back of his mind. It is an odd turn of events. Usually the rager fights forward in the heat of combat, but strangely he has remained silent through the beginning stages of the battle, and his first action is to strike up a conversation? For the first time Alterith truly questions his own sanity. "Well, if you can do better, then lets see what you have." It is an odd opportunity for a peaceful exchange, but with the blood drawn, it's possible Bloodlust may just be able to see them to victory. A strange laugh echoes in the back of his mind, and nothing comes forward. Alterith stumbles in the battle, an easy strike going wide, as the imp laughs at him. Perhaps he can use it to his advantage if he can just stay upright a bit longer.

Alterith steps across the prone figure in the bed, interposing himself directly between the imp and his victim. Perhaps if he falls then he will at least be able to buy the man some more time. (move to L9 over the prone figure). He attempts a grin at this spawn of darkness. "This scratch? You think this is a wound? And here I thought my sweat had gotten in a razor cut. But then, I guess that would hurt more wouldn't it?" He takes another swing at the creature attempting to further distract it.

(If it made an attack of opportunity against Rasa does that mean I get an AoO against it? If so go ahead and roll it for me.)

Fort: +6
Random number (1,20) :
Attack: +6 (+2 flank?)
Random number (1,20) :
Damage: +3
Random number (1,10) :
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16/33Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:32 pm

Krytox lowers his shoulder to barge into the cottage, but the impact comes earlier than expected. The door is still standing, almost mocking the lizardman. He takes a step back, not to be outdone by a mere panel of wood and squares himself for another charge. It was only my imagination... there is no way the cottage is twisting and moving on its own. Even if that were even possible... this door can't keep me out.

The sounds of the forest fade and the world seems to stop all around. It was Krytox versus the door. Mano a mano, if one man were a lizard and the other a door. Hrmm, I guess that analogy doesn't work too well... whatever... CHARGE! he thinks to himself. A few quick strides across the porch bring him close enough to strike. His left leg plants firmly on the wooden slats below, while his right leg bursts forth attempting to utterly destroy the door.

Initiative: 12 + 3 = 15
Strength: 11 + 5 = 16
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/18Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Following Krytox, Squin is surprised when Krytox runs into the door and bounces back off the door a bit. Rearing high onto his hind legs and swinging his arms wildly around, Squin barely diverts his momentum off to the side to avoid slamming into Krytox's back. Backing off slightly and looking around, he spots a silhouette just past the trees. He pauses slightly at the sight, but continues his quick scan while whispering out of the corner of his mouth. "Psst, Krytox. There is someone out here behind the trees."

THUD! The sound of the blackscale running into the door again is louder this time. It is obvious that Krytox did not hear the centaur.

If the blackscale backs up again, Squin will tap him to get his attention and mention about the person in the trees. If the blackscale breaks the door down, Squin will follow into the house, but pause just inside the doorway to look back out at the elvish silhouette.

Initiative: 20 + 4 = 24
OOC: Dang it, I want that kind of roll when I attack.
Back to top Go down
philo

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30/30Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Offense: Init +1, Melee/Ranged +2/+3
Defense: Full 15, Touch 11, Flat 14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Philo has already grown slightly disillusioned with her quest. Her own bits of knowledge of her father, few as they are, have gotten her nowhere. The few vague inquiries she's dared to make have been met with nothing but suspicion, and her male disguise, she's begun to realize, is less than airtight, despite her hacked-off hair. Somewhat weary of aimless wandering, she and her cat Tex have been staying in the same wooded area for several days. "It's as good a place as any," she'd told Tex carelessly, "to plan my next move." Tex's gaze was knowing, but he did not question her. With Tex's hunting and her druidic training, they have been fending for themselves rather well in the forest. Thus far they've encountered no one, though once or twice Philo has seen a pleasant-looking couple pottering about a nearby cottage.

Today, though, has somehow felt different since the moment Philo awakened. Tex being especially restless, she had sent him out hunting, but that was hours ago. Philo feels restless too, as a matter of fact, and begins to wander as well, idly inspecting the plants in her line of vision for something useful. She glimpses the cottage though the trees and makes to turn around when something catches her eye. But the cottage itself can't be moving, she tells herself. Philo, get a grip. All the same, she moves closer, her ears catching the sounds of commotion coming from within.

At first it appears as if no one is about the yard, but as she moves something appears in her line of vision. A centaur, she realizes with surprise, and he's looking right at me! She quickly ducks behind a few trees. A loud crash sounds, and shortly another. Are the cottagers being attacked? she wonders. A frisson of excitement runs up her spine. Her hand automatically drops to her thigh to check for her darts, and she can feel her sickle pressing slightly against her waist. Feeling delightfully, uncharacteristically reckless - such as she has not felt since escaping the druid village - she steps out slightly in front of the trees (move to C5). She searches for something really clever to say, but nothing coming to mind, finally settles on a cliche. "What's going on?" she calls, careful to keep her voice even and void of judgment.

Sense motive: 5 + 3 = 8
Initiative: 7 + 1 = 8
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #3-13   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:33 am

ooc: Initiative: Rd 4: Squin 24, Enemy 20, Alterith 18, Rasa/Krytox 15, Philomel 8.

Re: Ben - no AoO, dude.
Re: Zadok - heh me too.

Squin calls back to Philo. The young adult centaur explains hastily that they were sent by the local town nearby to the couple living in the house to assist them, when they heard suspicious sounds coming from inside. It seems clear to the Philo that these people are not the intruders. It's possible that the massive dark-scaled reptilian is bashing against the front door that the enemies inside might have closed? If that were the case, the couple living here that Philo met on occasion might be...

SMASH! The front door flies into splinters as the blackscale's momentum carries him into the front living room. The sight he sees before him is both amazing and baffling: The room is alive with floating napkins flitting about, shuddering tables, a chair rushing across the carpeted floor, and even the curtains and blinds are in an uproar, swirling about. (Krytox sees all of the front living room, as well as the doorways to the left and the opening to the hallway on the right.) Even above a loud noise that sounds like rushing wind traveling throughout the house, it's evident that the most sound is coming from the hallway to the right. Before the blackscale is able to move, he glances to a left - the black metal shaft of a poker is heading straight toward him!

Krytox is now in H7, and the animated poker is in I6.

The demonic creature's tail barb strikes true again, stabbing into Alterith's body. Another wave of nausea threatens to overcome the halfling... (1 dmg @ Alterith; make Fort save) However, any smile the creature would have attempted next immediately comes out as a loud, hellish shriek as Alterith cuts into the beast. It appears the blow should have inflicted more damage, but the creature recoils nonetheless, cursing and spitting.

Alterith and Rasa suddenly hear the sound of splintering wood farther out from the hallway, and deep down they know that their companions will soon be coming to aid them. The dracen wastes no time... taking advantage of the distraction, he launches forward again, punching at the creature. auto-attack: Rasa @ creature - 20; 2 dmg, 2 frost dmg The blow connects! The creature reels backward, unfazed by the physical blow that should have injured him further, but wounded by the icy touch of the spiked gauntlet. The creature looks badly injured, enough that another set of blows could probably fell it... if dealt fast enough before its flesh can heal itself...

Outside of the cottage, Philomel hears Squin's reply, even as the two of them see Krytox break the door down and barge into the house.

ooc: Zadok, based on what you told me via PM and here, I'm delaying Squin's initiative until 8, right after Philo. The in-game explanation for this could be that he spent the round waiting for a response from Krytox (but didn't get one, as the blackscale was bashing the door).

Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Ch3-13

Last edited by Boomerwang on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:06 pm

Alterith hardly misses a swing as the poison courses through his veins. The darkness beckons, but he knows it will wait, at least for the time being. Soon thereafter he feels the satisfying resistance as his axe lodges in the beasts side. It isn't deep enough to slay the creature outright, and there is a lot more resistance to the axe than he would have expected from the smooth skin. However after a moment Rasa follows with a successful strike of his own. The agony in the creatures voice is music to the halfling's ears, though the thrill of victory is short lived as the demon makes contact yet again, and again the poison flows into his veins. He again attempts to fight through the haze and land perhaps the fatal blow.

"You slack jawed miscreant. You didn't think the Jinam Protectorate would let you get away with disobeying them again did you?" He watches the creature through his goading to see if the name elicits any reaction from the creature. Perhaps even if it escapes he can seed some dissent in this orgination which seeks the destruction of so many innocents. He smiles to himself, though he makes sure the creature sees it.

"Yes, we have been sent to correct that mistake."

He hardly pauses as his axe reverses directions to bring the spike on the back end around to punch through the head of the imp if it doesn't move in time.

Fort:+6
Random number (1,20) :
Random number (1,20) :
Random number (1,10) :
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #3-14   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 3:12 pm

As Alterth continues his attack, the vile creature's face blanches. "Jinamu?" it hisses. "Fool! You make such empty threats against an enemy you do not know! That will be your downfall, halfling scum! Know today that the mighty Marmo Empire seeks the Jinam Protectorate's weapon from this land... and if you get in our way, we will consume you!"
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Krytox triumphantly strides across the threshold into the cottage. There is still a sense of urgency, but it is obvious that he is proud of his strength. It never occured to him to look back to Squin as his focus was still on joining the fray inside. Once he takes the time to actually look at his surroundings his eyes widen as everything seems to be alive. There are papers and refuse strewn about the room, though only because the furniture has knocked the newly formed debris from their places. He had never witnessed such an occurence and wasn't sure how to react. He might as well have been slackjawed, but was able to gather his senses and return to his errand of retrieving the couple.

Unfortunately for Krytox, the furniture didn't have the same idea. Not even allowing him to start towards the hallway from which all the noise was coming, the chair that was chaotically running around the room made a pass at his legs. The big lizardman was able to side step, but it was only a trick. His eyes flicked back up to the room just in time to see a much more menacing metal poker flying straight for him. He only had a split second to decide, but his reflexes did that for him. The morningstar came swinging through the air to meet the poker head on. It was a desperate gambit, but maybe the only chance he had.

OOC: I'm in El Paso and not sure what I should roll for attacking an object... sunder? standard attack and then what? Let me know so I can edit/update this post. For now I'll just post attack/dmg

Attack: 12 + 8 = 20
Damage: 3 + 6 = 9
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:15 pm

"Ha, a mighty threat from a mighty weak entity. I'm quite surprised Marmo was even able to lift that rock to climb out from under it. Be that as it may, the creeping death will not fall into your hands any time soon, and the jinam will know of your treachery as soon as we are finished here."

Alterith continues to seek information as he seeks the creatures head. He doesn't really care which comes first.
Back to top Go down
philo

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30/30Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:09 am

The centaur's explanation seems logical enough, Philomel thinks - at any rate it seems clear that the residents of the cottage are somehow in danger, and that neither the centaur nor the huge reptilian who's just broken through the door are its ultimate cause. Warily, Philo approaches the front of the house (move to E6). Her opinion of her own combat skills, though perhaps slightly higher than warranted, is not so inflated that she imagines herself to be of particular use in a fight - at least not compared to the capable appearance of her two potential allies. The lizard creature, in particular, has got to be twice the size of Tex...

Speaking of the riding cat...where was he? It's unlike Tex to be gone for so long, she thinks, turning toward the forest to let forth a long, low whistle. At her action the centaur's expression seems to increase in suspicion, so she hastily explains, "Oh, it's just...a friend. He's--bigger than me," she finishes rather lamely. The centaur nods, now appearing somewhat amused.

Abruptly their attention returns to the cottage. The curtains are swirling and shuddering against the windowpanes, and a chair seemingly scurries past the open doorway. The half-elf grabs a couple blades of grass and flings them into the air. Sure enough, they blow right back toward her. "But the wind should be from the west," Philo muses as the centaur gazes at her curiously. "It's as if it's coming from inside the house..." Quickly, she forces herself to clear her mind and concentrate, and sure enough, soon she can feel the tell-tale electricity of magic prickle the back of her neck - the aura she senses feels faintly sinister, though coupled with something else she can't quite grasp. Philomel turns back to the centaur, a small smile spreading across her features. Finally, she thinks, finally a chance to try out what my mother taught me in theory but never let me use.

Cast: Detect magic

OOC: Do I need to roll for that?
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Upon hearing the loud smash Squin glances back briefly and catches a glimpse of the blackscale disappearing through the doorway. Carefully the centaur backs up to the doorway (move to G7) while keeping a close eye on the approaching half-elf.

The centaur tenses up when he hears the long low whistle from the half-elf. Makes sense why someone would approach alone, especially when outnumbered. They either have backup or have something up their sleeves or a lot more control and knowledge of the situation or is plain cocky or just naive. Not sure what this one is, Squin thinks to himself. Quickly he casts a wary eye on the surroundings again looking for any other signs of trouble.

The half-elf speaks and gives an explanation, but finishes rather weakly. Not sure what to do, the centaur nods slowly. A friend bigger than her? Is she in control of her friend? Or is her friend in control of her? A slight amused grin spreads across Squin's face. Quickly it ends as he realizes the implications of a larger friend nearby, how large, no idea.

Cautiously he watches as the half-elf grabs some grass and toss them into the air to check the air direction, then as she turns and thinks or signal. When the half-elf turns back towards the centaur, but with a small smile spreading across her face, the centaur somehow even more on edge. Squin now wishes he'd taken an extra step inside the house instead of stopping just outside. Nervously he looks back over his shoulder to see what's going on inside, and especially where and what Krytox is doing. Surprised, he sees furniture and things just flying and moving around inside. Though something he saw bothered him, but Squin doesn't seem to have the time to stop and think about it. Something seemed out of place, seemed wrong, yet the centaur just couldn't place it.

Unsure what to do at this point, but not wanting to start a new fight just yet, Squin asks, "So uh ... what are you doing around in these parts? What is your relationship with these people? I mean ... hmm .... what do you want or what are you looking for?"
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue9/14Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:49 pm

Rasa quickly sees that hacking at this thing isn't working as well as he had hoped. It's time to play the game. Rasa takes a few purposely futile swipes at the creature, though to the untrained eye, they all looked real. In his attack, he leaves an opening that looks completely clear that just begs for an easy attack from the fiend. Rasa knew well that there was no opening, and in fact, it was just a ploy to bring his opponent directly where he wanted him. If the villain comes in for a strike, he'll quickly see the opening gone, and a very hard to dodge spiked gauntlet coming in at it's miserable head.

Feint in combat: 13+4 bluff = 17
i'm not sure if i can still attack, but if i can,
Attack: 17
damage: Spiked gauntlet: 1 Frost: 5
if I can't attack this turn because of the feint, carry it over to the next.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: #3-14   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:59 am

ooc: No problem Andrew. The feint counts as a move action, so Rasa is good to go this round!

Squin 24
Imp 20
Alterith 18
Rasa/Krytox 15
Animated Chair 14
Philomel 8

The shenanigans inside the house reaches fever pitch. As the Squin's equine form turns back from where he moved to the top of the porch to ask Philo some more questions, the first readings of her spellcasting come back to her - the house is definitely enchanted by magic. She will have to continue taking readings if she hopes to learn more, but at the moment there is no doubt that the source of the presence of magic is the house, just judging from what is happening inside through the windows.

The imp manages to scratch Alterith again, and the halfling again struggles to overcome the wave of nausea that threatens to weaken his knees. Atk 19 at Alterith: 4 dmg, make Fort save. The creature again heals slightly as it dodges Rasa's blow... only to find itself DISEMBOWELED by Alterith's mighty axe and Rasa's frost gauntlet! Sense Motive 16: Feint successful!The latter does no physical harm to the vile creature, but the icy aura emanating from the dark gauntlet stings the creature further, while the halfling's greataxe gouges its flesh. A strangled cry from the netherworld escapes its lips as a torrent of black blood - among other innards - spill to the floor.

As Krytox makes his way into the house, the poker flies toward him and is instantly batted down, breaking into pieces. That doesn't stop a drab purple armchair from lumbering over, however, though its plush cushions fail to hurt the blackscale, however hard the furniture rammed into him. Atk 17 at Krytox: Miss.

Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Ch3-14
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:47 am

As the small lacerations begin to take their toll on Alterith he slumps back against the bed for a moment. The creature stands with its blood pumping out and its entrails tangling with its own feet. As the poison continues to seep through him it becomes more difficult to raise the axe to finish the job. Alterith is not willing to give the creature time to heal and so lumbers in for another round of hack and slash. This time it is the creatures head that is going to be removed from its neck. Then it's tail, then its hands. Alterith will leave nothing left that can do harm. Unless that blasted poison overcomes him first.

Fort:+6
Random number (1,20) :
Random number (1,20) :
Random number (1,10) :
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:35 am

The broken pieces of the poker clang together as they hit the floor. A soft thump hits Krytox in the side of the leg shortly after and he realizes it was only the crazy chair. The lizardman raises his weapon to strike the chair, but realizes that there is nothing else of note that seems threatening in the room. Of course, there could always be something not yet seen, but a cushioned chair posed about as much threat as a fly to a horse - a nuisance, but nothing more. Noises of fighting still came from the hall drawing Krytox' attention back to the task at hand. Whatever was being fought obviously wasn't going down easily.

A few moments later, he was looking in on a frightening sight. The ugly imp-creature had done some something to Alterith - or Bloodlust, as it was unclear which was in control during battle. He looked woozy, but was still holding his own. Rasa had flanked the creature and they appeared to be doing some major damage, yet the adversary still whipped its body about. Another glance around the room and his eyes locked in on his target. The man, presumably Gendrew though introductions could wait, was lying on the bed and looking worse for wear. Krytox hefted the man over his shoulder and made for the entrance to the cottage to meet Squin. Where is Squin anyway... I thought he was right behind me... he thinks, suddenly realizing he had completely ignored the Centaur up to this point.

OOC: If you need me to roll anything let me know. Is the creature dead or just damaged?

Strength: 11 + 5 = 16

Last edited by MeNotHolgar on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added str check)
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:37 pm

RaSa grins as the creature cringes at the frost. He likes this new weapon of his.... he never had anything like it. He just knew that he had to be careful who he uses it on. Rasa takes another swipe, but finds himself unsuccessful this time. perhaps he should stick to his same strategy?

Attack 2 + 0 = 2 FAIL
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:43 am

The fading noise gives the centaur the hint that the blackscale is leaving the room going away from the front entrance. Not sure if the newcomer is friend or foe, Squin is hesitate to turn his back on the half-elf. The centaur takes another step back (to D7), backing through the doorway and into the house while trying to be very wary and alert. A quick into the house does not register anything that might be a bigger threat. Squin lets his eyes wander around the trees and shrubs around the house looking for anything suspicious before stopping at the half-elf again. For now, the centaur just waits for an answer or a move from the half-elf.
Back to top Go down
philo

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:04 pm

The house is clearly under some sort of enchantment, Philomel determines, but what? Abruptly the centaur's voice breaks into her thoughts, a note of distrust coloring his tone. "What do I want? What am I looking for?" she repeats to herself. Hmmm, good question...

"I'm just passing through," Philo finally hears herself say. "I don't know them, the people who live here, not really, I've just seen them a few times, and..." She shakes her head a bit, distracted. "I'm sorry, it's just so strange, I've never felt this sort of magic before. Do you mind if I..."

The centaur stares at her rather blankly as she approaches the cottage (move to B7). This time Philo closes her eyes and lets her fingers rest lightly upon the steps, allowing the building's energy to flow through her mind. Suddenly her eyes snap open. The centaur turns to follow her gaze inside the house. There, framed by the heavy beams of the doorway, the lizard creature stands slightly bent, the man she'd seen before draped over his shoulder. Philo jumps up in alarm and begins to wave her arms wildly. She isn't at all certain of the accuracy of her reading - or even of the proper interpretation - but if she had to take a shot in the dark, she'd guess some sort of protective enchantment, which might mean... "Don't take him out of the house!" she cries.

Detect magic, continued.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 6:37 pm

As the large blackscale enters the room Alterith smiles at the imp before him. "Ahh, I see your executioner has arriv..." He trails off as the blackscale turns around and leaves the room just as quickly carrying the man over his shoulder.

"Ummm....riiiight..." He glances over at Rasa trying to see if his friend understands this action any better than himself. "Well...thanks for the help I guess" he shouts down the hallway after the lizardman. The distraction proves too much for him as his blade flies wide of the imps head, glancing off the nearby bedframe and lodging briefly in the floor. He is quick to dislodge it and steps across the blade using his momentum to rip it free and up in preparation for another strike.
(ooc: actions are all descriptive, and carry no direct game results...other than the fact that I'm assuming my last attack missed).
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:34 pm

"You'd best explain why not, and better make it quick" Squin responds to the half-elf's cry. Meanwhile, upon hearing the lizardman stomp back into the room, the centaur holds up a hand back towards him signaling not to approach the doorway just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Magically Delicious   Chapter 3: Magically Delicious - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Magically Delicious
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next