A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness

Go down 
+2
safirgar
Random
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Random

Random

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Character
HP:
Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Offense: [Format: Melee Bonus# / Ranged Bonus#]
Defense: [Format: Total AC# / Touch AC# / Flat-Footed AC#; DR#/(cond.) or SR# (if any)]

Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Hey guy sorry it took me so long to get back into this but I was extremely busy for about a month and a half and then I had to sort some things for my life out. I didn't mean to just abandon this but I'm going to copy over the story right now and write a new post at the same time. Again sorry for the huge delay, but things were complicated.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:
Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness Left_bar_bleue1/1Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Defense: [Format: Total AC# / Touch AC# / Flat-Footed AC#; DR#/(cond.) or SR# (if any)]

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Robert Dawson:
You usually get updates from the FBI on the investigations that your helping with. Usually it is along the lines that you were a great help and they have finally caught the felon. But recently, you haven't heard a peep from them. There are even 5 on going cases that you have given them information on and they haven't told you if your information helped or not. It has been months since your last communication with them. Something similar to this has happened in the past so you haven't given it that much thought, but it is something to take note of. Finally you get an encrypted email from them, but it's not what you expect. There is only a single web address in the email. Looking at where the email came from, you learn that it did come from the right sources that connect it to the FBI. But something is strange about it.

Clicking on the web address directs you to a website with some of the most gruesome pictures you have ever seen. You manage to just make it to a trash can before you hurl your guts on the table. Recomposing yourself you take a closer look at the website and notice that it shows pictures of creatures that you don't even know how to describe. They look like nothing you have ever seen, fictional creatures included. You finally manage to get through all of the pictures on the website and the last one sends a shutter through your spine. The picture shows a single female standing in the darkness screaming. Apon closer inspection you realize that the woman in the picture has a striking resemblance to your mother!

Your mother doesn't always come down to the basement to see you everyday, but you tend to loose track of time so you don't know how long it has been. After you think about it is has been more then just a couple of days since she has seen you or even told you to take a shower.

Adrien Arceneau:
Leaning against a rail, looking across the river makes you feel more at home. New Orleans is more French then you expected. It comes with a certain charm that you like and have grown accustom to growing up in France. The evening air is relaxing and is easing your nerves, especially with what you just went through. The events of last night and this morning come into focus and you try to understand what has happened to you.

You are undercover in New Orleans trying to find some lost operatives. You didn't come here because the agency told you to, this is a personal mission that concerns some friends in the business. As it usually is in your line of work most of the leads have lead to dead ends. Most of the time the information is spotty at best with half truths, but they are usually at least half truths. So far you uncovered nothing what so ever about the missing men. Nobody has seen or heard of the men that you have described. It is as if they never came here at all. Knowing for a fact that this can not be true you refuse to give up. Getting no where with the current inquery you turn in early that night hoping to get a fresh start the next day.

You wake up early the next morning hoping to get a good start on finding the information you need. Going about your normal morning routine you notice something out of the corner of your eye. Years of training have made you alert to even the smallest detail. There appears to be an envelope shoved under the crack of your hotel door. Wondering who could have sent this because no one knows you are even here, you examine it carefully before opening it. Apon opening it there is a single piece of paper inside with nothing but a web address. Confused as to what this means you decided to check it out. When you bring up the website on your laptop, the website has nothing but pictures. Most of them are too dark to make out and had numerous faces that were almost floating through the pictures. But nothing is clear enough to make out any detail. When you get to the last picture it nearly knocked you off of your feet. The group of men you have been looking for are in the last picture, naked and tied to posts. It appears that they are all in pain, but none of them are conscious. Looking back at the other pictures for any clues as to where this might be happening, leads to a startling discovery. The faces in all of the pictures seem to be moving and eventually staring at the last picture on the page, for some reason you don't think that this is a trick on the website, it seems too real. Then as if the webiste didn't exist at all your web browser suddenly shuts down. Trying to bring the website back up you suddenly loose consciousness. When you wake up you're walking along the local river and it is already evening. Apparently you did something or something was done to you during those hours, but what? Confused as to what just happened, you stop and look out over the river trying to sort things out.

Analise Ferdinand:
Being a new commer to New Orleans you have found it to be an exciting place. The night life is usually booming and it lasts as long as you can stay awake. You have found a job at a local bar doing what you do best, bartending. Recently the place has been doing fairly well, due in part to your good looks and good bartending skills. Most of the guys in the bar spend their time trying to buy drinks from you and most of the girls usually want to be you. You haven't met a guy yet that you couldn't seduce to do what you wanted. You've broken more then a few ladies hearts this way. This was the trend until HE showed up. He was new to the bar and as with all new guys they usually notice you right away and make a bee line right for you. But this guy was different he didn't even give you a first look, let alone a second. And what confused you even more is that all of the ladies were all over him. None of them could keep their hands off of him, even more so then you attract the guys. What surprised you even more is that some of the guys even took notice. Determined to get to the bottom of this you decide to go talk to him during your break. You walk over to him in a very seductive way and with plenty of confidence. You open your mouth and then suddenly you find yourself in your own bed. Everything is hazy, you have no idea what just happened. Still trying to understand things you notice that it is the next morning and that you have a couple of messages on your answering machine.

First Message:
"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU. You never came back from your break, the bar is being overwhelmed, get your ass in gear and come back here!!!"

You notice the voice on the phone is the voice of the bar owner. Still confused on what is going on you listen to the next message.

Second Message:
"WHAT THE HELL, LEAVING IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SHIFT. If you don't come in early tomorrow your FIRED!!!"

This again is the bar owner. Before you get a chance to listen to your last message you notice a piece of paper stuck to the side of your computer. This wasn't there the last time you were in your apartment. The piece of paper has a single web address on it. Checking it out reveals a single picture on the web site. To your horror it is a picture of yourself bathed in what looks like your own blood but there doesn't seem to be a mark on you. Struggling not to let out the contents of your stomach you can't help but stare at the picture.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Quote :
Alterith:
Living alone in his mother's basement has given Robert a rather strange outlook on life. Seeing his mother like that shakes his outlook on the world. On the one hand she is a useless nag. Always coming down to harass him about not showering for the past week, not doing any laundry, or to come out and eat. On the other hand, she doesn't ask many questions anymore about what it is he does all day and all night staring at the 8 screens sitting around his lazyboy recliner, with keyboards extending from either arm and a mouse built into the bottom of each keyboard. Spinning the ball he scans the sites again, looking for any form of encoded message. He even runs a pair of decoding programs to see if any of the source code has been manipulated. Always before these messages carry some form of information about what is asked of him. This one seems clean, however. The only message he can glean from it is that someone else has found out about his involvement in the recent cases and is sending a warning to him. This isn't the first time he has received threats, however, usually they come in the form of harassing emails threating to do strange and unusual things to him or his family. The kinds of things 12 year olds scream at each other in the games he often plays. This time the images are a little more particular, and the fact that they know who his mother is and, by that who he is, makes him a little more disturbed. After searching further and finding no evidence of tampering with the message, Robert does begin to become slightly concerned...more for his own safety than for that of his maid upstairs. Reaching over and unlocking a lockbox next to his primary server, he unlocks it with a key from around his neck and removes the 9mm pistol contained inside. Loading it, he rests it next to his cheek as seen by every cop in every movie he has ever watched. He contains a huge amount of knowledge about the weapon, and how to use it from the hours he has spent in front of games using similar weapons, but he has only actually shot the weapon twice at the firing range when he first bought it. He keeps it just in case, it makes him feel like a big man when he carries it. Opening the door at the bottom of the stairs and hollars up, "Damnit
woman, I'm getting hungry, where the hell is my dinner?"
Quote :
Safirgar:
C'est très dérangeant... Qu'est-ce qui s'est passé? Je n'ouvrirai jamais un autre lettre... He thinks to himself. How did they find him? More importantly who /are/ they? He watches the last bit of red fade away, as the sun sets over the water. Je vous trouverai, mes amis. Je promets. He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out his cigarette case. He removes one and studies it thoughtfully, before resting it on his lips. He strikes a match and lights it, watching the flair of sudden light, and then the smoke rising into the night sky. He muses, Matches aren't much different than love, he smirks at how French he is. "Alors là... I won't be finding mes camarades ici... perhaps I should check the local pub... If I am very lucky, someone has seen them... if not, I can always ease my nerves avec une putain dans le bar." He blows a smoke ring into the air, and blows a smaller ring through it. Tonight will be very productive, or at the worst, very reproductive. He grins and strolls down the street towards the nearest bar. However, he can't afford to let his guard down again, so he takes careful note of his surroundings as he walks. Yes, tonight will be very interesting.
Quote :
Rasa
Analise quickly shuts down the website, and runs to the bathroom. what the hell was that? It couldn't have been me, you're just imagining it She tells herself. what in the world happened last night? i can't remember anything! She sits there for a while quivering and trying to make sense of the night.
Analise has lived alone for the past few years. Her well kept apartment had 2 bedrooms, and was on the 5th floor in a nice area of town. She could easily afford to live luxuriously with all the great tips she made.... but she can't lose her job now! About 10 minutes later, she forces herself to get up. Upon reentering her room, she immediately rips up the web address and throws it away.
It must have been an illusion.... but i need to know what happened last night! Suddenly she has a great idea. Justin should know! he worked with me last night! Justin was a server at the bar she worked at and one of her few good guy friends. He was like an younger brother to her, and she knew he'd be able to clear things up. Without checking her last message, she whips out her phone and hits his number on the speed dial. He'd know what happened..... i'm sure.
The phone begins to ring as she eagerly waits to hear his voice.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Robert Dawson:
Shouting up to your mother yields no response. You quietly listen to see if you can hear any movement at all. The house is silent, but your mother frequently leaves the house for various reasons, occasionally during dinner, so this could be nothing but a ruse.

You don't have much time to think about it, however. Suddenly a loud noise eminates from your speakers and causes you to look back at your computer. All of your screens have gone black, with red text scrolling across the screen.

"GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!"

Adrien Arceneau:
Hoping that the familiar background of a bar will give you comfort you start to think of how well the evening will go. Your attention is diverted though when you see a shadow out of the corner of your eye. When you look over the shadow is gone, you could have sworn that whatever you saw wasn't human, but something ... else. You can't help but think that you're being watched. You make it to the bar and take a step inside. It isn't a partically popular bar, not very many people in the joint. When you walk in a couple of heads turn to glance your way, but they quickly turn back. The bartender glances over and asks:

"What'll you have?"

Analise Ferdinand:
Justin picks up the phone on the other side with a disgruntled "Hello?". It is obvious that you have woken him up and most likely he worked late last night, partially due to you leaving early.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Quote :
Alterith:
Seeing the message awakes a deep calm inside of Robert. The red letters are a blatant challenge to his skills, as the only way they could be there is if someone has bypassed his security, which in itself is quite a feat. There are some files, though, that he feels a need to insure stay his, and his alone. Lists of names, aliases, and contact information he has gathered over the years. Glancing up the stairs one last time, a smile touches his lips as he sees the sign he recently created reading "637 Y0ur B17ch 455 B4ck 1n 7h47 K17ch3n 4nd M4k3 M3 50m3 P13".

Calling up one more time, just in case the lazy slut was watching her soaps "Damnit, woman, if I have to come up there and find my own damn food there is gonna be hell to pay" Robert turns, enters his sanctuary, locks the door behind him and sits at his throne.

His fingers begin slowly tapping keys and a low hum fills the room as processors begin to spin, drives become active, and the cooling systems of his 12 computers all kick on simultaneously. A rush pumps through his veins at the sound, it is one of the few things that can really get him off. Power, sheer, raw processing power. His fingers quicken their pace, spinning back and forth, the mouse ball hardly slowing as the cursors race back and forth across his screens. He begins with a full system lockdown, shutting off all access to the outside world. He literally pulls the plug of the wireless router sitting on a table by his head. With the even now isolated, he begins breaking it down, piece by piece. Data fort by data fort he traces the program's source. Once he is confident his own system is secure, he reconnects and begins a hunt for the message's source. Hitting quick firewalls, Robert doesn't even slow his actions. However, as the signal source interrupts its transmission, the hack becomes more difficult. Finding the last known server, Robert cracks into the system and begins looking for all the access users who lost connection at the same time as his message. With that information, he moves onward toward his goal. His focus is complete, and his awareness of his surroundings are completely lost.

Computer Use (Hacking):7 successes (rolled with +2 for my computer setup, neither die was a success, so unless you give me a higher bonus for my set-up thats it).
Quote :
Safirgar:
Adrien will not be drinking much this evening... he definitely saw something. "I weell 'ave ketel one on thee roaks, weeth lime and then.. (quietly so no one, except the bartender, can hear him), je voudrais d'eau de seltz, avec citron vert pour thee durassionne of thee evneeng. Merci." He takes a spot where his back isn't exposed and he can see the entire room, ESPECIALLY the door. When no one is looking, he subtly checks to make sure his gun is loaded and accessible, just incase. After ordering, he looks around the room for at least a moderately attractive female. (If he finds one, he asks the bartender what she's drinking and orders her another.) He reaches into his coat pocket and once again pulls out his cigarette case and places it on the table in front of him. "Puis-je fumer, ici?" he asks the bartender. If he's allowed, he lights one. He turns to the nearest person and asks, "Excusez-moi, monsieur (or madame), 'ave you seen any off these men around 'ere lately?" He shows the person a picture of his lost associates. All the while, keeping the door in his peripheral vision.

ooc. Dan, just to save you the trouble of looking it up, he asked for soda water with lime after he finishes his vodka (he asks quietly, though, because he doesn't want anyone in the bar to know he isn't drinking, because he's going to pretend to get drunk.) then he asked if it's ok for him to smoke. this is assuming the bartender speaks french. if the bartender doesn't speak french, he asks in english.

Investigate 2 successes
Socialize: 3 successes
Persuade: 3 successes
Quote :
Rasa:
"Justin!" Analise says in a relieved but fearful voice "What the hell happened to me last night!? I remember going on my break, going up to talk to some guy, and then the next thing i know, I'm at home in my bed!" She carefully leaves out the comments about the picture and the web address. "I think someone slipped me something..... did you see anything at all? I'm so worried!"
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Robert Dawson:
With your computer skill you quickly trace the origin of the message. Breaking through each router that the message was sent through. Even though you manage to get to the original source you are surpised by how many routers the message went through to get here. For such a simple message this seems over done. You pay little more attention to it as you pry open the original computer looking for any and all information you can. The computer, to your surprise, is located in a local internet cafe. It also seems that this last computer has very little security, either the person wanted you to find it, or didn't expect anyone to get through all of the other routers he sent the message through. Looking at the files on the computer reveals nothing out of the ordinary, except that it is too clean. It is like someone just bought a new computer and used it for exactly this purpose.

Roll a Perception check of Wits + Composure with a -4 due to your focus on the computer.

Adrien Arceneau:
While socializing with a fairly attractive female you drop the question about your men as if it is normal conversation. The women takes a brief glance at the photo and says she doesn't recognize any of them. She immediately gets back to talking about whatever it was you were talking about, obviously more interested in you than the photograph.

But from out of the corner of your eye you notice someone coming into the bar. Your attention is diverted from the woman briefly as you eye the man. He looks fairly disgruntled, with a brown over coat that could hide any number of things. His hair is in a mess along with the rest of his cloths. He looks like he his here to forgot something, maybe using large amounts of alcohol. Normally this wouldn't seem strange, but apon seeing you he gives a startled look as if you knows who you are and didn't expect to see you here.

Analise Ferdinand:
He struggles to remember but eventually tells you that during break you walked over to the guy that was attracting so much attention. For some reason Justin can't remember what he looks like, but he continues anyway. Justin says that you had a brief conversation with the man and then you left the bar with him shortly afterwards. You weren't seen for the rest of the night. Justin then says that that is all he can remember and hangs up the phone so he can get some sleep.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Quote :
Alterith:
Perception:4 successes

Hah, what a pathetic prankster. I'll teach him a lesson.

Having traced the message to its source, Robert decides to turn the tables on his would be assailant. He begins by installing a number of trace programs on the computer, both so he can regain access through a double burried trojan, cloaked in the uninstall files, so that even should it be identified, quarantined and deleted, the core code will reinvest the primary files as soon as the cleaning is complete. Another string of code identifies the computer so that it will be unable to contact Robert's own network again, at least, not unless the owner reformats, cleans the bios, and does a manual memory cleanse by actually pulling the battery from the motherboard. Robert then begins tracking usernames for the unknown assailant, and searches all his known contacts for any information about any of the usernames. He drops posts on some popular hacker forums about the amateur crossing on the Orlean's territory, making sure that fellow New Orleans hackers have the ip, and clean access to trash his files if they want. Once this sabotage is in place, Robert sits back to congratulate himself. The others will now do his work for him. He begins seriously trying to determine the identity of this pathetic excuse for a computer geek. Probably some lame girl, done up in braces, with ratty pig tails in her hair. The image brings a smile to his face. He adds a doctored picture to match his imagination as an image of the person doing the hack...for added effect he edits the Tub Girl photo and inputs his girl instead. He submits it with a quote underneath "00p5, 1 5|1pp3d up 4641n."
Quote :
Safirgar:
Adrien keeps note of the strange man in the bar. If the man leaves, Adrien's going to have to get the girl's phone number so he can meet up with her later. If the man stays, Adrien keeps him in his peripheral vision an keeps his eye on the prize, by seducing this poor, helpless girl. He tells her great stories about france, his very, very wealthy family and various other actual truths. He tells her of his heroic exploits (making sure she knows he shouldn't be telling her, about his affiliation with the secret service) these heroic exploits are, of course, completely false (Like the name he gave her). Sure, he'd done a few of them, but not as grand a scale. Then he proceeds to ask her of herself, and gets her to do most of the talking for the rest of the encounter. All the while, sucking down soda waters with limes, while buying her long islands and waters. When she seems sufficiently under control, he gets her phone number and asks if she could excuse him for a moment. He walks up to the strange man, slowly and carefully. "Bon soir, monsieur. I wus wondering whay you 'af been lookeeng at me straingely, pearhaps thees is my mistake. All thee sayme, what ees your nayme and why are you so disheveled." After confronting the man, Adrien calls over his new female friend. This is, of course, to trap the man into talking to at least one of them. "She ees beautiful, no? Ah, ma cherie, thees ees my new camarad..." He waits for the man to reveal his name. He offers the girl a "genuine french cigarette." "Pour toi, mon amore."
For the girl
Subterfuge: Lie: 2 successes
Persuade: seduce: 5 successes (bonuses: +1 nice clothes, +1 nice cologne, +1 good pickup line, +1 offered drink, +2 suggestive physical contact)
For the dude
Carouse: 3 Success (Used +2 bonus because of "attractive bar patron."
Quote :
Rasa:
Still confused, Analise closes her phone. She kind of felt bad that she woke him up, but she needed answers. At the same time, she didn't want to see that man again. something obviously was wrong here, and she didn't know what it was. She almost didn't want to listen to her last message. She knew it was probably her boss yelling at her some more. She slips into her favorite bar shirt, the one she usually makes the most tips in, and gets ready to go back into work. She'll convince the bartender that getting rid of her is a bad plan. She knows the bar is twice as busy on nights that she works, as she has PLENTY of regulars. If worst comes to worse, she could just move to another bar and start over, but she really likes the staff at the current one. As she is ready to walk out the door, she listens to the last message.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Robert Dawson:
Pleased by your success in breaking into his computer and installing the trojan horse you sit back and grin as if the whole world can see. As you sit back you notice a small movement out of the corner of your eye. When you turn you see a black cloaked figure hurl itself at you. You get a glimps of the face, it looks like a hideous monster with red glimming eyes and grotesque features that have disfigured the face.

Roll Initiative

Adrien Arceneau:
You make good success with the lady. In fact she can't take her eyes off of you. A couple of times a few other guys hit on her, but she almost rudely shrugs them off to continue talking with you. All the while the man just stares in your general direction every couple of minutes or so. The lady doesn't seem to suspect anything and you have a feeling that even if you don't find anything out about the man she will make a good bed companion tonight. When you walk up to the man he just stares at your question and doesn't answer. He looks into the lady's eyes as she approaches and he utters one word "leave". At that moment she stops, looks at the door, and starts to leave the bar. He turns to you and before your realize what is happening he tells you to follow him.

Make Reflex save of Resolve + Wits

Analise Ferdinand:
The last message isn't like the first two. For some reason you get a sense of this even before you push the button.

"If you wish to know more come down to the Moon Walk in the French Quarter."

The voice is very crisp and elegant. It is coming from someone that is very sure if themselves and sounds very refined.

ooc: the moon walk is essentially a board walk in the french quarter. It is in an open place. Your character knows this.

Anthony Augustine:
The last couple of months have been hard on you. In fact the last couple of years have been hard. You already fell onto hard times before the flooding. Now you can barely survive. If how you live can even be called surviving. Most people look down on you and think your the scum of the earth, but at this point you pretty much feel that way yourself. You have been addicted to various drugs ever sense you lost your home and family. You can barely get enough money from your job at the local grocery store to fullfil your addiction. Your apartment is in shambles and none of your friends come to visit you anymore. Which is why you found it kind of strange when one of the local drug dealers started befriending you and giving you free drugs.

Normally you would think that the drug dealer wanted a favor, in fact you still do, but you don't care. The drugs are all that matters, to many bad thoughts come back when you're in your right mind. You two have sort of, at least as much as can be, become friends. He now delivers the drugs to your house, telling you that you shouldn't be seen out on the streets, that you draw too much attention. He comes every other day at 7pm with your fix and occasionally some money to live off of. But for some reason he arrives at your door early tonight. It is now 5pm and he stands in your doorway with the drugs in hand. As you come closer to get them he tells you of a drug that will give you the ultimate high and wonders if you want any.

Ivan Sokolov:
Coming for the first time to New Orleans you figure that if you finish your job early you can take the time to see a few sites. However, now is not that time, you need to concentrate on your mark. You have come to the French Quarter on a tip from someone who saw your target there not but 2 days ago. Going from bar to bar and club to club to find if anybody has seen him you come up empty handed. This is strange, the man who told you to come to the French Quarter had no reason to lie and he looked completely confident. Maybe he has been kidnapped or fallen in with the wrong crowd. Still not even sure as to who this man is or why he is a target, either of those two ideas could be a possibility.

As your walking down the street to go to the next bar a man approaches you from the other side of the street. You are ready for anything with your arms ready to grab for your gun if need be. The man just strolls up to you and says:

"I wouldn't look too deeply into that man. You've been spouting that name everywhere and I would advise you to stop saying his name at all. Before you fall into something that you will wish never happened."

After that he starts to walk away from you at a casual pace. He isn't running or walking slowely, it's as if he never talked to you at all, leaving you there with nothing but questions.

Nyssa Sinn:
You have been driving the ambulance for a while now and most things don't really bother you anymore, especially with your medical experience on the battle field. However, recently there have been some cases where you just couldn't explain it. In fact you don't really want to know how somebody could ever get to this stage. Several of the people you have picked up the last few days have been short of blood and brutally scared. When you look at them it takes all your willpower not to throw up, and that is saying something since you've pretty much seen it all.

The most recent victum, of whatever is causing these strings of attacks, had a piece of paper clenched in his hand when you brought him into the ambulance. He dropped it as he fell unconscious and you noticed it. Before you gave it back to him you happened to glance at the sheet, most likely your training kicking in to pay attention to everything. One the sheet is a single web address. Hoping that this will help in figuring out the attacks you give it to the police before departing the scene.

Back at home changing into your race gear you can't help but think about the web address. Curiousity getting the best of you, you boot up the website to see what everything is about. Apon booting it up you see several videos all playing at once. Within each video is that of a race car speeding down a road. When each video finishes it results in the death of each of the drivers, some more gruesome than others. This doesn't shock you too much until you start to realize that many of the drivers are people you have seen during your street races! Apon getting to the bottom of the website you see a single image of a hand pointing out of the screen. You get this eerie feeling that someone or something is pointing at you as if your next.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Quote :
Alterith:
Init: 9+7=16

At the sudden movement, Robert falls over backwards in his chair. His head only narrowly misses the table, and his vision blurs slightly as he hits the floor. His gun begins to slide out of his hand, but some internal training from his years and years of gaming takes over and he swings the gun in front of him. He responds quickly, his gaming experience somewhat inuring him to sudden actions and scary attacks in the dark. His 9mm kicks off shot after shot at the creature attacking him.

CREATURE

His mind finally catches up with his actions, and the gun clatters to the floor as Robert's pants suddenly become warm and wet. Just in time for his assailant to land on top of him. Bullet holes lining his shirt.

Firearms+Dex+9mm-1(str)=7 successes
ooc: is a 9mm semi-auto or single shot? I'm not sure on it, so he may only get off 1 shot...or if he loses init, he won't get off any. Just describe the action accordingly Dan, thx.
Quote :
Safirgar:
Adrien stares at the man blankly and watches, helplessly, as the woman walks out the door. As if in a dream he feebly reaches towards the woman. "Come back..." he mouths silently, as the words fail to leave his lips. His gaze returns to the man. His eyes roll back into his head and he, almost drunkenly, nods. "Oui, monsieur..." He responds to the man, but the words are not his own. Adrien has lost control. He will do whatever this man commands.
Reflex: 0 successes ...oh boy...
Quote :
Rasa:
Analise quickly checks her watch again..... 9:00am. Though she really wants to find out what happened immediately, she knows her job is on the line. After thinking about it for quite a while, she finally decides to go to work first, and then check out the moonwalk later. It is, after all, only a 10 minute walk from work. She grabs her things and quickly walks to her job, attempting to fix things. When she gets to the bar, she quickly finds the manager, and begins her story.

"I don't know what happened..... I think someone slipped me something while I was on break, because all i remember was going on break and then waking up in my bed about 20 minutes ago! It's not my fault, i swear. I promise it won't happen again!" She says all of this while putting on a sad, convincing face.

Persuasion + manipulation + looks = 3 successes
Quote :
MeNotHolgar:
Anthony lives his life from one high to the next. It does seem strange to him that the dealer is so early, but all that really means is that he will get his release that much earlier. He greedily takes the drugs from the dealer without thinking twice and examines the contents of the package. Pleased yet again by his current situation, but really not fully understanding the motives of the drug dealer, he changes his focus to the question at hand.

An ultimate high? What kind of drug could he possibly have gotten? Over the past few years I have shot up, smoked, huffed, and ingested nearly every type of drug both legal and illegal to help escape this hell I live in... so what could he possibly have?

Anthony's mind relatively clear from being somewhat sober and that he is not yet on edge from going too long without a fix. His curiosity consumes him and he asks, "What'chya got? Must be good if what you claim is true. You know I ain't got much, so what I gotta do for it?"
Quote :
Archtemplar
Nyssa watches the videos several more times, looking more carefully at the deaths of the other drivers. Are they crashing, or being killed? Is it at the scene of the race, or elsewhere? She wonders who would post this kind of thing on the internet -- it's probably incriminating evidence. Seems careless. On a whim, she saves the video to her hard drive and flash drive, tucking the latter into her back pocket. She'll have to stop by the police department tomorrow to follow up on that last victim.

Even so, no internet video was going to stop Nyssa from kicking ass at her race tonight. Not showing for these kinds of things could leave an ugly mark on her reputation. She paused before walking out the door, glancing at her watch.
"Damn, i'm late." She muttered to herself, then laughed at the irony of having to speed to get to a street race on time. Luckily Kiran, the dick who owns her car, lives nearby, so it won't take her long to bike there (read: sport bike, the kind with a big engine, not the kind you pedal).

Nyssa locks the door to her apartment behind her, takes three steps towards the stairs, then turns around and unlocks the door again. She goes over to her computer desk and rifles around in the bottom drawer until she finds her standard-issue sidearm (SIG P228 with 9mm Luger Parabellum cartridge), and hides that under her jacket in her back belt loop, then turns and leaves for her race.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Robert Dawson:
The hideous creature launches himself at you. As you fall backwards in your chair still trying to figure out what the hell is going on your years of gaming experience kicks in. You point the 9mm right at the creatures head (headshots usually end people) and pull the trigger. Then instinctively you roll to the side as if your moving your mouse to one side to get out of the way of an onslaught of bullets. Apon rolling out of the way you notice out of the corner of your eye that the attacker is still coming at you (Did you miss?). You don't have time to ponder this statement as he graps you with a vice like grip and pins you to the ground. He draws his face to yours and stares directly into your eyes. At this point you notice the huge hole in the creatures head. There is a bullet hole right between his eyes that you can clearly see the other side of the room through. However, it didn't seem to slow it down.

Adrien Arceneau:
For some reason you got this unbelievable urge to follow this man. You see it as the only way to find your friends (at least that is what your thinking). You just have to follow him at all costs. You follow him out of the bar with the bartender shouting back at you for his money. You pay little attention as you leave the bar and start heading towards the river you awoke at earlier. He continues down the river to a warehouse along the bank. Your not quite sure as to how far you have gone because you haven't focues on anything but the back of this man in front of you. He takes you inside, as he does you are sure that your friends are inside. You push past him as fast as you can to see for yourself. He just stands there as you suddenly awaken and take in the site around you. There are perhaps dozens of people all tied up and unconsious. They all see to have medical equipment attached to there arms that seem to be drawing blood. Staring at the people you notice something shocking. Your friends are amoung the people in the group!

Analise Ferdinand:
The bartender just stares at you with a very pissed off face. It's hard to say weather he believes you or not. Then a small smile comes over his face and he just says that it is ok as long as you never, never do it again. You get the feeling that he is NOT smiling inside. He then tells you to clean the bar. You turn around and look at the scene. It is obvious to you that the bartender left it this way for you as punishment. When you start heading towards the back to get changed you hear a voice from the door.

"Is the bar open yet?"

As you turn to look, it is the man from the previous night standing in the doorway.

Anthony Augustine:
The man shows you this vile of red liquid. It looks like blood to you but the look on the mans face tells you that this is some drug. The drug dealer then says

"You won't have to do much, just come with me. You'll have to do a favor for the man who supplies this."

He smiles a huge smile and then leads you out of your apartment. You notice that he is taking you towards the French Quarter of New Orleans. He then turns around and says very quietly.

"Do you want a quick taste before we get there, he'll never know. Just don't tell him."

Nyssa Sinn:
You start to try and save the videos when everything on the website goes blank, you didn't manage to save any of the files, but the videos are still vivid in you mind. You grab your gun and then head down to get your car. When you get to Kiran's house to get your car for the race you hear a scream coming from Kiran's apartment. Then a deadly silence. It's actually too quiet. Nobody is on the street and you don't hear the sound of any animal or car. It's as if the whole street went dead. The only thing you have to go off of is the screem from Kiran's apartment.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Quote :
Alterith:
Being this close to the creature is terrifying. Nothing could survive such a precise shot to the head. Nothing ALIVE anyway. Fearing the worst, knowing that the virus must have escaped from the umbrella corporation, and that all surface life has now been exterminated, Robert calls up his many hours of game training. If a headshot fails, go for the chest. At this range, its hardly a matter of aiming anymore. Robert puts the gun against the side of his assailants body, just below the left shoulder-socket and begins pulling the trigger, over and over until he hears the click click of the empty casing, using his other arm to fend off his attackers foul breath.

Attack:8,0,1,0,5,0,6 extra dice 9,1,8 rolled in that order, so subtract his defense rating from the initial rolls, then subtract the extra dice for each 0 that was eliminated. I already reduced the pool by 1 for my str deficiency.
Quote :
Safirgar:
Adrien shakes his head and regains control of himself. Where the hell was he? Are those his friends?! What is this, some sort of twisted blood donation center? How did he get here? Many questions, few answers. Either way, this man knew, and this man has some sort of power over the mind. He makes a quick scan of the room to make sure this guy doesn't have any henchmen. Ce salaud ne me manipulera plus! Je dois être prudent. He draws his gun, quietly and takes a few quick silent steps back. He aims his walther ppk straight at the man's back. Qu'est-ce que vous avez fait, salaud? Adrien doesn't know what kind of mind powers this man...creature has. No human could do this to another human... this is grotesque. Adrien tries to clear his mind of any revealing information about future actions. He will have to rely on instinct, and training. "Mettez-vous à estomac! Le faites maintainent!" Adrien doesn't wait for the man to react, instead, he unloads his clip. OOC If the man survives this or the gun fails and/or the man gets too close for the gun to be useful, Adrien will use Kung Fu. He, however is relying on instinct and isn't thinking about these things, he just reacts.
[OK... time for a ton of rolls. I don't know which ones are necessary or if they're correct.
Move silently: Dex+stealth= 1 success
Initiative: 14
Reflex (that's the will save right?)= Wits+Composure= 3 successes
Ah, ok... THANKS BEN!! I just re rolled.
Attack: firearms+dex+gun
in this order
Roll 1: 9.
Roll 2: 8.
Roll 3: 3.
Roll 4: 10.
Roll 5: 4.
Roll 6: 5.
Roll 7: 9.
Roll 8: 10.
Extra rolls from 10's
Roll 1: 8.
Roll 2: 7.
I'm shooting from behind him, so I think he's denied a defense... i'm not sure. He's probably a vampy... so, I dunno. Adrien DEFINITELY doesn't know. So, do what you gotta do.
Quote :
Rasa:
Analise is very hesitant to answer this question. Yes, the bar is open, but she doesn't want to see, let alone TALK to him at all. At the same time, she knows that she can't risk pissing her manager off even more.... and turning away customers is a PERFECT way to get herself fired. Since he's standing right there, she figures she'll let him handle it..... she's not supposed to work today anyway, and all she has to do is clean and then she can leave. After hesitating for a moment, and seeing that the man seemed to have no interest in her, she quickly turned around to go change into her work clothing. As she walks through the door, she shudders as she hears the bartender say "yeah, we're open." She quickly goes to the washroom and changes into her clothing. She'd have to try her best to ignore this guy as she cleans up. She can do it..... it may have not been his fault anyway..... but she has a bad feeling about him. After 5 minutes of changing, she leaves the washroom in her outfit that always made her feel confident, but it had no effect today. She goes and grabs the broom and dustpan, and walks out towards the floor to begin her cleaning, all the while hoping that the man has chosen to go elsewhere.
Quote :
MeNotHolgar:
Anthony looks suspiciously at the dealer. He has always been a bit paranoid, but since falling into the downward spiral of his addictions, his untrusting nature has gotten worse. This man surely ain't good. Why does he keep helpin' me. Drugs ain't cheap... 'specially the "ultimate" kind...

Yet even as he thinks of backing out of this supposed deal, the little voice in his head continues to get louder. Though, unlike most, Anthony's voice only screams. It screams until he can shut it up with whatever dosing agent he can get his grubby hands on. It had been awhile since he got satisfyingly high, and that voice was now becoming a wail, begging to be shut up.

"Just gimme some. If I gotta do somethin' for it, I gotta get a taste. It ain't right. It ain't right" He has done worse things to his body than drink something that merely looks like blood. Immediately after speaking he shoots his hand forward, nearly lunging himself to get his hands on the drugs. He gets his hands on the vial and proceeds to greedily take more than he should.
Quote :
Archtemplar
Were the drivers being killed at the scene of the race, or elsewhere?
---
Perception (Wits + Composure) Failure, 0 successes
Nothing seems ostensibly out of place beyond the obvious. Nyssa snaps her fingers to determine if she's gone deaf, takes off her helmet, and moves to place her back against the nearest brick or concrete wall. The P228 slips naturally into her hands as her helmet drops to the ground by her feet.
With her free hand, Nyssa types in 9-1 on her cell phone before deciding she'd rather not risk involving the police in her second life. The phone goes back into her pocket, and she "very carefully" finds her way towards Kiran's front door.
Silent Movement (Wits + Stealth or Dexterity + Stealth, 1 die either way) Failure, 0 successes

Today is not a good day for Nyssa. Not only did she pay her credit card bill 3 days late today, but she just lost The Game while biking over to Kiran's, and no one was around for her to tell. She'd better win tonight's race, or she'll have to have a three-way with her good friends Ben & Jerry in front of a sappy movie.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:14 pm

Robert Dawson:
Even though you manage to point the gun at this things chest and pull the trigger you know that it wasn't a very good shot. But it still hit him. But yet the creature doesn't relax his muscels and didn't even seem to have felt it. He glares down at your gun and a grin appears on his face. You get a feeling that this thing is actually amused at your attempts to shoot him. He then looks directly into your eyes and an image suddenly appears in your mind. It isn't just an image though, its a feeling that permiates every ounce of your being.

Roll a save of Composure

Adrien Arceneau:
ooc: You don't need the move silently or the save as he is not dominating you any more and also he notices what you are doing but lets you act first.

When you fire the gun the bullet enters his back and leaves his chest and then flies right into the wall about 20 meters away. But to your surprise the man just stands there with his hands in his pockets. He turns to face you, making your gun point right at his chest. To your astonishment the wound where the bullet left his chest begins to heal right in front of your eyes. On top of that there doesn't seem to be any blood coming from the wound, just a hole in his shirt. He looks at you and says,

"Are you about finished or do you wish to join your friends?"

It's obvious that the bullet had little or no affect on this man. He just stares at you with an icy stare that says he is NOT joking around.

Analise Ferdinand:
After you change your cloths and grab the broom and dustpan you start heading out of the washroom. When you get close to the door it opens and the mystery man is standing in the door way smiling. The smile is a nice one that accents his natural good looks, but you can sense that there is evil in this man and he is not here for your benefit. You then notice small specks of blood splattered across his shirt, but before you have a chance to do anything he asks,

"Had an interesting night last night?"

Then he just laughs and starts heading towards you.

Roll initiative

Anthony Augustine:
You tip the vile towards your mouth and manage to swallow a third of it before the dealer grabs it away from you.

"Not too much now, you don't want to get addicted." He smiles and then starts laughing at his own comment.

You breath deeply as the you start to feel the affects of the drug. The voice in your head doesn't only get silenced but you sense this overwhelming feeling of joy. You can feel the drug swarming around your body, coarsing through every vein. You start to feel the best you have in a long, long time. Everything feels better, your worries and pains start to subside and even your addictions to the other drugs start to fade away. In fact you feel like you're suddenly better at everything, your eye sight improves, you feel strong enough to lift a car, you wager that you could run for at least 10 miles before you are even winded. It's the greatest rush you have ever felt and you know it to be really happening. This isn't some delusion of your mind. You turn to the dealer with this surprising but greatful look.

"Greatest rush in the world isn't it?", he asks. "Come we must not keep the man waiting."

He starts to lead onward again telling you to follow him.

Nyssa Sinn:
ooc: The drivers in the videos were each killed at a different spot, they were all speeding for some reason or another, but it was unclear if they were in a race or not as the videos focused on the driver of each car.

You move quietly up the stairs to Kiran's apartment and stop next to the door. From the inside you can hear someone moving around, but it doesn't sound like struggle. Either nothing has happened or whatever did happen has already done so and you are too late. You don't hear anybody's voice or any other sounds for that matter, the entire apartment complex sounds empty.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:14 pm

Quote :
Alterith:
Robert decides this would be a very good time to either faint, or wake up. Perhaps a bit of both, if only he could figure out how they manage it so well in the movies. His body goes limp, but he is sure this THING isn't going to be fooled so easily, and since the gun is useless anyway, he lets it fall from his grasp. Hopefully it will all be over soon.

Composure:1.8.4.6=1 success
Quote :
Safirgar:
Adrien stares at the man aghast and, for the first time in his life... speechless. "J... mais... whth.. ughh... comment? You, but, I..." Adrien takes a deep breath and regains his cool. He looks at the miraculously healing wound and his own weapon. "Well.. je guess deess dose note wark, no?" He smiles and half chuckles defeatedly. He puts the firearm into the holster. "D'accord, stranger, wot eez eet dat you want? What 'ave you done weeth mes amis ici?"
Quote :
Rasa:
Analise lets loose a terrifying scream. She's scared..... really frickin scared.

"ss....ssst.....stay back!" she barely manages to get out as she holds up her broom as a weapon. As he continues advancing at her, she takes a blind swing, and then attempts to run past while continuing to scream..... maybe the manager will come and help her..... maybe.

Init: 10+5 = 15
Attack = 0 success
Quote :
Archtemplar:
A little supernatural silence has never stopped Nyssa before. Then again, a little supernatural silence has never happened to Nyssa before. She tries the door and walks in (if it's open).
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Robert Dawson:
The feeling that you got when the creature looked into your eyes suddenly grows. You get this horrible image of an unknown beast ripping apart your very essence. It's hard to understand something that is so intangable, but you understand this: that whatever this is, it feels like it is consuming your soul. You freeze with fear and are unable to move or even talk. Nothing you have ever seen on a computer could have prepared you for this. You start to cower on the floor trying desparately to not look upon your attacker.

The creature looks you up and down and then releases his grip on you. Still paralyzed with fear you just lay there hoping to God that this thing will leave you alone. The creature surveys this "command center" looking up and down at all of the different equipment you have here. He then sits down at your computer and begins using it as if he is an intelligent being. His looks tell you otherwise but none the less he is using your computer and with great efficiency. It is unclear what he is doing but he is looking for something. A few minutes later he stands up, looking fairly satisfied, and then smashes the work station with his bare hands. He then proceeds to pull a vial of liquid out of his coat pocket and pours it all over the broken equipment. He pulls out a lighter and sets the work station a blaze. The fire spreads quickly upon the liquid and soon the whole room is covered in fire and smoke. The creature comes over to you and picks you up.

When he picks you up the feeling permeating your entire being suddenly goes away and you can think semi-clearly again. Except there is still a sense of fear associated with this creature/man thing. Even though you can act you still wish to get away from him.

ooc: you can now act again if you wish the same initiative still applies so it is your turn if you wish to try anything.

Adrien Arceneau:
The man seeing that you are in a calm, yet aggravated, state says,

"We only did what we had to. The same fate was going to befall you until this afternoon. You proved to be quite resourceful. It was decided that you would be given a choice."

You still have no idea what happened earlier, after you looked at the website, but apparently it might have saved your life. The man walks over to the unconscious people and looks them up and down. As he does so he speaks again,

"We need someone to look into a matter for us. The 'operation' you see here is in danger of being found out by the local police. I need you to get into the police station and find out what they know. Destory whatever evidence they have and silence any who know about it." A smile crosses his face, "You don't have a problem killing do you?" as he looks at his own bullet hole almost healed. "Be warned that if it weren't for me you would be dead already, so if you betray me in anyway, I will end you."

He then starts heading towards the exit. Before he leaves he turns around and glances back, he pulls a vial of red liquid from his coat pocket and throws it to you.

"Take this, it will help you."

He then starts laughing and heads out of the warehouse.

Analise Ferdinand:
The man laughs at the attempt to hit him with the broom. He grabs it from you in mid stride and breaks it in two before you can blink. He then proceeds to punch you in the gut with such force that it throws you back at least 5 feet. During the punch time seemed to freeze as, what felt like, an unstoppable force plunged deep into your stomach. The pain coarses through your entire body as the impact causes a few ribs to fracture. Your body goes numb as your mind tries to deal with that much pain. Falling to the floor you're barely able to put your hand out to stop your fall as the other hugs your stomach. Nearly choking you cough up what feels like a whole pint of blood all across the floor. Tilting your head up to get a glimpse of the man you see him stare at you with a sense of hatred and loathing. He then shouts,

"Attack me again, ATTACK ME AGAIN BITCH, I dare you!!"

ooc: Take 7 bashing damage

Anthony Augustine:
He leads you to a warehouse in the French Quarter. The warehouse doesn't really stand out and if it wasn't for him leading you there, you probably would have gone your whole life without ever seeing it. As he leads you inside you notice that the room is filled with unconscious people. Everyone has some medical equipment attached to their arm and what it looks like is blood being drawn from each of them. This surprises you but you're more interested in getting more of this drug then anything else.

"Is this him?", says a voice from the wall to the left.

A man walks out of the darkness. You would have never noticed him unless he spoke. The man appears pale with lanky limbs, he is fairly well dressed and speaks with french accent. Even though he is well dressed you get this sense of savagry that surrounds him.

"Did you like the red liquid? I bet you did, if you want some more then you're going to have to do a little chore for me. We have a problem with a group of drug dealers shooting their mouth off about this place. I want you to find them and take care of it. You can take whatever drugs they have as a bonus."

He then looks at the drug dealer next to you and says,

"Give him the rest of the vial"

The drug dealer looks in shock as he wasn't expecting this man to know that he gave you any part of the drug. He gives you the rest of the red liquid as he starts shaking with fear. Then before you can blink an eye the pale man grabs the neck of the dealer and rips off his head. Blood goes everywhere and he looks at you.

"Betray me and you will end up with a worse fate then him."

He then drops a series of pictures of the men he wants you to find and heads towards the exit letting the blood from the dealer poor out onto the floor.

Nyssa Sinn:
The door is unlocked as you open it and walk into the room. The site before your eyes causes you to cover your mouth before the contents of your stomach end up on the floor. The room is covered in blood, there are body parts everywhere. Kiran lived alone, but it is hard to believe that all of this blood came from a single person. Everything is also in shambles, the light is flickering in the corner with the rest of the room turned upside down.

Before you hurl your guts on the floor you notice a series of shadows coming form underneath the door to the bedroom. There is still someone here! From what it looks like the person in the bedroom is looking for something. It is unclear if that person has noticed you or not, but you at least have a moment to figure out what to do.

ooc: You have one free action and then roll initiative.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Quote :
Alterith:
Robert Dawson continues to hang over the creatures shoulder like a limp fish, his eyes are cracked open as he surveys his surroundings, but he already knows that he is incapable of performing any feat to escape this nightmare. Perhaps an opportunity will present itself later, it always does in the movies.
Quote :
Safirgar:
Adrien looks at his vial, then looks at his friends. "I need to know eef mes amis sera ok. I weel do wat you ask, but they most remain alive, d'accord?" Adrien, looks at the red vial grimmly. He doesn't have a whole lot of choices in this matter. The man has clearly demonstrated his abilities and that he is most certainly not human. Adrien closes his eyes, unstops the vial. "Santé chin, chin." He puts the vile to his lips and downs it. He expected it to taste awful, like blood. But this stuff was amazing. He had never felt such... power and vitality. It felt as if he had been granted a new body. He opens up his shirt, to find that his body was quickly sculpting itself into a well designed machine. A look of joyous amazement passes over his face. He almost didn't even care about his friends anymore, they would surely be fine. They don't /look/ dead yet. They can last a couple hours. "Wow," he finally says to the quickly leaving man. "I will do thee job... merci beaucoup, monsieur."
Cut a deal, for his friends' safety: Manipulation+Persuasion: 3 successes
-----------
Later.
-----------
Adrien waits until it gets a bit dark and he waits in an ally in the French Quarter. He lights a cigarette... it had been a while, almost 4 hours... He uses his pocket mirror to see around the corner. Because he knows the French Quarter is crime city, he waits for a police officer, about his size, to walk by. He twists the silencer onto his gun. He cares little for american police officers and always used to get into trouble with the DGSE for being too brutal. No matter, he no longer worked for them and these tactics probably wouldn't bother his new employer. He conceals the gun in his jacket and waits. He takes a final draw in his cigarette and drops it to the ground. He was actually starting to enjoy his stay in N'Awlins.
Stealth:dex+stealth= 2 successes
Quote :
Rasa:
Analise just lies there coughing on the floor........ she can't bare the pain. She's been hit before, but never has it hurt this much. She feels like her insides might come up out of her mouth right now...... After a second..... she tries her best to yell out "HELP!" but she knows that there isn't much more than that she can do. This man might be here to kill her... or hell, maybe even worse. But all she knows, is that she is in trouble.
Quote :
MeNotHolgar:
WHAT... THE.... HELL........

Anthony stares in complete shock as the man nonchalantly drops the severed head to the floor. He had witnessed gross acts of violence before, but nothing so gruesome as this. Feeling his stomach start to turn, he drops to his knees and the contents of his stomach empty into a small pool on the floor. The blood from the headless body begins seeping ever closer to Anthony, mixing in with the vomit. Wanting nothing to do with the dead dealer, he quickly gathers his wits and grabs the pictures scattered on the ground. He shoves the vial of red liquid into his pocket and turns to run from the warehouse.

Moments after leaving he is unsure if he is just having a bad trip or if he just witnessed a man tear another man's head clean off with nothing but his hands. Fighting with his inner demons, Anthony is able to force himself back to the door he exited from. Peering into the cavernous space he can clearly see the corpse of his only source of release in this world. He is able to suppress the urge to run until his legs give out, yet is unable to shake the feeling that what was left of his life is collapsing around him. He begins mumbling to himself, a common practice, trying to make sense of what has just happened.

"The f**k was dat... thing. Where'm I gon' get my drugs now? Shut up! Stop yellin' at me!" The voice again screaming at him, causing Anthony to only think of himself. He is able to distance himself mentally from the dealer's actual death, his worries now only on where he can get his next high. "I giss I gotta do what that crazy f**k wants. I don' wanna die, but I still gotta git mine."

He grasps at his pocket, checking to make sure the 'ultimate' drug is still there, while inspecting the pictures. Not knowing where to begin, Anthony starts to aimlessly wander while trying to identify who and where the pictured people are.
Quote :
Archtemplar:
----. This is the last thing i needed right now. Nyssa moves as quickly and quietly as possible (0 successes) to grab the keys to the car and get the hell out of there. The car isn't registered anyway, so no one should be coming to look for it. Yeah, that seems rational. Keep your wits, you've got to be quick.

Initiative: 4+4=8
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Robert Dawson:
The creature picks you up as easily as if you were a feather. He heads up the stairs and out of the house into the night air. It is unclear where this thing is taking you but you're not sure if he knows that you are conscious yet. He starts moving with great speed shifting between alley ways and around street corners. It is hard to tell where you are now because of how many twists and turns you have taken, but the area is getting more and more "lower crust". It is evident that this thing does not intend to hold you hostage in a nice hotel room. After about 10 minutes of traveling the creatures stop at a sewer grate. You fall to the ground with a large thump as he drops you to the ground. He then removes the manhole cover and picks you up again.

ooc: If you choose not to do anything then the following will proceed. If not then your action will happen first and the rest of this will be discarded

He drops you into the sewer, you fall into the worst smelling water and filth you have ever seen. He drops down after you and picks you up again. The smell doesn't seem to bother him but you are about to hurl your guts as you do all you can not to appear conscious. He then starts moving again taking turn after turn. At this point you're completely lost and still have no idea what this thing wants. Then he finally comes to what looks like a cage in the wall, he throws you inside and locks the door behind him as he leaves. You are stuck there stairing out into the sewer and the flowing filth all around.

Adrien Arceneau:
You stay in your spot for several hours before a disgruntled police officer comes around the corner. He leans up against the wall and pulls out a cigarette.

ooc: It appears that he doesn't notice you, but his back is to the wall opposite from where you are.

Analise Ferdinand:
The man walks up to you and pulls your head to look up at him.

"What he sees in you I have no idea, you are sooo pathetic. If it weren't for him I would end you right here and now. GET UP, follow me or you'll end up like the owner of this place."

ooc: If you choose to follow him then the following will occur

He leads you out of the backroom and towards the exit of the bar. As you walk through the room you see the bartender laying across the bar with broken glass and blood everywhere. There is a shotgun in the bartenders hands, but it is clear he never had a chance to get off a shot. The man laughs as he walks by the dead man.

"Nice try, but futile."

He then proceeds towards the exit and turns around to make sure you are following him.

ooc: if you choose not to attempt anything then let me know and I will post again for you.

Anthony Augustine:
Investigate Roll of Wits + Investigate: 2 successes

You look at the men in the pictures and realize that some of them are dealers you have done business with before. It has been several months so you're not sure if you still know where they are but you can check. Most of them operate out of the French Quarter at various hot spots and alley ways. You'll have to look up the ones you don't know later, but for now you head towards the first dealer in the photograph who you recognize to be Frank. He usually sells weed and some other various low-end products. Nothing that really interests you anymore. He operates out of a body shop. The business, as you recall, is owned by his brother.

Nyssa Sinn:
Search Roll of Wits + Investigate: 1 success

You manage to find the keys in short order. You look up at the shadows in the bedroom and it doesn't look like the person behind the door has noticed your arrival. You head for the exit and manage to get out before anything happens. You get out of the apartment complex and head down to the car. When you get to the car you look back up at the apartment window, only to see a man standing at the window look right at you. He doesn't seem to move, but his stare seems to penetrate your very soul. You then get into the car and start the ignition. Before your able to drive away, however, something jumps onto the roof of the car.

ooc: I took liberties with the initiative and your action took a little longer. He essentially never noticed you, 0 success . In any case the initiative is still active and it is now your turn.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Quote :
Alterith:
Composure:1,7,7,4
Robert Dawson tries to remain calm, telling himself that he will continue to play dead and find out what the hell is going on. He again wonders if he isn't having some crazy nightmare induced by some recent game he played, but he feels too sickened to really believe it. He's never had a dream so vivid before, and he still hurts from being mauled by the creature that abducted him. Perhaps this is just some demented quazi-moto freak living in the sewers and living out some twisted fantasy. Well, hopefully someone will notice he is missing and they will be able to track him. Robert knows this isn't really logical, after all he has no idea where he is, how would they track him, and who would even notice he wasn't there, its not like he ever goes out. But maybe when he fails to respond to any queries his sponsors will come and seek him out. I mean, he's seen the movies, the FBI can look back at all that satellite footage and see where he was taken.

It's at about this point in his thought process that his body catches up to his mind, and everything goes blank as a rush of blackness clouds his vision and whats left of his last meal ends up all over the floor.

"Help me," he croaks as another wave of nausia overcomes him and he dry retches, nothing left in his stomach to come out.
Quote :
Safirgar:
Well... this man does not have to die, necessarily. Adrien conceals his gun with his jacket. He walks up to the police officer. "Allo, sir, a light?" Adrien pulls out a lighter. "I was wondareeng eef i could ask you a few questions." He flashes his DGSE id. "I am weeth le Direction Générale de la Sécurité Extérieure, I am on a joint collaboration weeth your FBI and I am to question several officers een thees area. Will you answer my questions? Please note, that refusal to answer may have serious repercussions weeth your superiors." Adrien smiles at the man and continues to ramble off some obscure information to make sure he has the officer thoroughly confused. While talking he can see if this man knows anything about the warehouse, as this man should be a pretty good sample of the common knowledge of the force, here. Adrien has done this all before, just ask a few passing questions, to determine how important of an officer he is. Look for a special marking or medal. See if he is generally liked, whether he is new or not. If he turns out to be unimportant, he is expendable. "Are you paying attention monsieur?"

Subterfuge: Lie: 4 successes
10, 4, 9, 8, 5, Extra 9
Persuade: Fast-Talk: persuasion+manipulation+2 for id: 6 successes
10, 7, 6, 5, 3, 8, 10, 4, 8. Extra rolls: 10, 2. extra extra roll: 8.
Quote :
Rasa:
Analise tries hard to fight back the tears (composure: 9, 5. one success) ....... she doesn't know what to do at this point. The comment about him really confuses her...... who is this man her assailant is talking about? clutching her stomach, she slowly lifts herself up, and follows him out the door.

Upon walking out the door of the back room, (Composure: 2, 10, 3, one success) she barely holds back a muffled scream as she sees her dead manager. Yeah, he was a bastard at times, but he had a kind heart when the time needed it. She would have never wished such a fate upon him. Why did this man kill him? She definitely didn't want to have the same fate, and wanted to preserve her coworkers as well if at all possible. She couldn't stand to lose the rest of her "family."

She quietly follows him, hoping and praying that he doesn't hurt her anymore. She knows from past experience with her violent uncle that putting up a fight will only lead to more pain.
Quote :
MeNotHolgar:
Anthony, still not sure if this is all a bad acid trip, makes a quick decision. He needs a weapon. Whether or not he does what the head-ripper wants, he'll need something to potentially defend himself.

I could ask... nah. Hmmm.... ah! He owes me a favor!

Anthony finds a phone and makes a few calls. Finding someone who can get him the goods takes a bit longer than expected, but in the end someone comes through. A knife and a gun should be all he needs, yet he still feels uneasy about being involved with someone who can tear the heads off of drugs dealers at a whim. Better just do what he wants and get outta here. I can always make it somewhere else if I gotta...

Getting the goods he needs, and now unfortunately owing a favor to someone else, takes some time, but once done he is on his way to the body shop. Jonesin' for some kind of fix, he tries to keep his head right and make a plan as he approaches Frank's place.

Streetwise: 6,8,10~2 = 2 successes
Quote :
Archtemplar:
The car drops hard into first, second, third gear as Nyssa's right foot sticks to the stripped-down floor plating. The tires scream in protest as the car drifts sideways into traffic and takes off again, hopefully throwing off that god-forsaken creature.

(Drive Rolls: Dex+Drive (high performance spec)+Handling (4, for sports car), 11 dice 0,7,1,0,2,8,2,6,7,8,8,1,0,6, 6 successes)
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Robert Dawson:
After a short period of time (you're unsure of how much time has past) you hear a voice coming from the other side of one of the walls.

"Hello... Is anyone there? I heard you get brought in here."

You can't see him but it sounds like this person is another prisoner of this place.

"If you can hear me, don't get too depressed, this helpless feeling will pass. It helps if you talk, so who are you? What was your profession before the thing found you?"

Adrien Arceneau:
The man just sort of stares at you bewildered as if he has been caught off guard. He then shakes his head and gets it together.

"I haven't heard of anything like that (referring to your obscure information) happening around here. At least the chief hasn't told us anything about that. Besides I wouldn't be the one to handle it, the detectives would. I just watch traffic most of the time."

He says that last remark with a little bit of dissatisfaction. You don't notice anything on him that would mark him as anything other than a traffic cop.

Analise Ferdinand:
The man leads you out of the bar and into the street. There doesn’t seem to be many other people walking around and of the people that are, none of them notice that you’re hurt.

ooc: If you want to try something here then go ahead otherwise the rest will follow.

He leads you to the board walk area of the French Quarter, more commonly known as the moon walk. You’re not really sure why he led you here, but it is strange that it is the same place as the one mentioned in your message. He then leads you to an old boarded up beach house that looks like it hasn’t been used in years. He takes you inside through a broken window and proceeds into the basement, which looks more like a cellar then a livable place. It is pretty dark and you can’t make out anything. The man tells you to stay where you are as he walks into the darkness. You then hear two voices; you recognize one to be of the man who killed your boss.

Stranger: “Why did you bring her here, I left explicit instructions what was to be done.”
Man: (stammering) “I’m sorry, I just thought that after last night you would want to get rid of her.”

For some reason this man who was so tough in the bar is cowering from whoever he is talking to.

Stranger: (Raising his voice) “But I left EXPLICIT instruction, did I indicate in anyway that you were not to follow those to the letter?”
Man: “N.. No, but.. but..”
Stranger: "This will be the last time you disobey me."

You then hear a snap and the conversation stops. As your eyes adjust you can make out the outline of another man, but the first isn’t next to him anymore. He slowly comes into your vision as he steps forward.

“I didn’t want him to bring you here, but the damage has been done. Here.”

He then hands you a tan envelope. As you take it you notice his hands are really pale, but it isn’t light enough for you to make out any other features.

“Now leave before I lose my patience with you as well.”

Anthony Augustine:
As you walk up to the body shop you get an uneasy feeling in you stomach. You haven’t talked to Frank in a while and he didn’t appreciate you telling him that you didn’t need his drugs anymore. As you approach the shop a man working on a car spots you. He looks up and down at your dismal attire.

“Hey Frank, there is someone here to see you.” He shouts.

He then steps aside as Frank approaches you. Frank takes one look at you and smiles.

“I knew you would come back, everyone always does. But it is going to cost you more if you want anything from me. Nobody gets away from me and doesn’t pay for it.”

He then motions for you to come into the back with him. Most of his deals are done back there and you know the area well. He then proceeds to walk towards the back room.

Nyssa Sinn:
As you take off in the car you can hear the man above trying to hold on. You take sharp turns and continuously swerve in a desperate attempt to throw the man from the car. As you are driving the driver side window gets smashed from the man above. A hand comes through and grabs you by the neck. It squeezes so hard that you can’t breath. You then hear

“Pull the car over; otherwise you will end up in the city morgue."
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Quote :
Alterith:
Turning to the side, Robert begins surveying his situation. The feds aren't coming, he realizes, it took them a year to really get this city back under control after Katrina, what would they care about one hacker. He has friends in the department that he trusts, but he doesn't truly believe they care about his welfare. Looking around he doesn't see any real option for escape, but he also hasn't really been injured, so he hopes that perhaps the fool is just going to use him for a ransom.

Turning to the side where he heard the voice, he whispers back, "My name is Robert, Robert Dawson, and I was a member of a special task force with the FBI. Who are you, and why are we here?"
Quote :
Safirgar:
"Oh, ouais? Then you won't be meessed." Adrien snaps his silencer out and presses it firmly into the man's left eye, (not hard enough to do damage). His other hand grabs the officer's right hand and twists it upwards, immobilizing it. "Eef you make one word or movement weethout my consent, you die. I do not theenk you want to die. Are you going to follow mes instructions? You may bleenk your right eye twice eef you agree. Do not speak." If that was all successful, the rest will follow.

Adrien twists the man around so that his right arm and hand are twisted behind him. He presses the man against the brick and moves his silencer down to the small of the man's back, where his coat conceals it. He then takes the officer's handcuffs and cuffs both hands.

"Allons-y." He commands, "We're going somewhere else."

Adrien takes the officer to a dark alley and shoves the man into a corner.

"Sit. I have a few more questions. Un, are you a new officer? Answer truthfully, bad theengs 'appen to liars. Yes or No? Deux, do you know when your superiours are in le station? Trois, where are le station's records kept and are there copies? We weel start weeth those."

Adrien walks up to the man and takes his badge, wallet, gun and radio. He gets as much information from the wallet as possible.

"Eet is in your best interest to tell me thees information, if you provide me with what I need, you will live, you may even be rewarded. In fact, thee only reason I pulled you aside like thees was to make sure that if anyone was watching they'd theenk I am a thug. I am not a thug. I am undercover. However, you, monsieur must remain handcuffed, because I can't be sure that I trust you yet. Whether you like eet or not, you are a part of one of thee largest investigations een thee 'istory of New Orleans. Now, Officer... Barrett, please answer mes questions."

Adrien has no intention of allowing this man to live, after he has gained the information he needs.

Brawl: Grapple: Strength+Brawl+2 for specialization: 2, 7, 9, 2, 4, 8.
Fast talk: Persuasion+manipulation: 7, 6, 6, 6, 9, 7, 8.
Subterfuge: Lie: 7, 7, 3, 10, 10. Extra rolls: 9, 9.
Quote :
Rasa:
Analise Shudders at the sound of the man's voice..... though she didn't see his face, she pictured it to be something terrifying. She's just scared at this point and doesn't know what to think. The man that hurt her must have been killed..... she has no better explanation. She immediately turns around and heads out, knowing full well that this new man meant business. She walked calmly out the door of the basement, and then crawled out of the beach house the same way she came. Once she got out and was sure she was out of the man's vision, she began to run, and run, and run all the way across town. (Stamina + Athletics = 9, 9, 8, 7, 7, 2 = 3 successes.) By the time she stopped, she was panting..... she hadn't run that far and that fast for as long as she could remember. She was still scared, but she felt better, as if everything would be ok..... at least until she looked down at the note in her hand. She slowly walked home, not wanting to think about the note, but unable to get rid of it either. She threw it on the table as she walked in the door, and then just sat on the couch thinking for a good hour. Finally, she built up the courage to open the note, as it just sat their, as if calling her name. She really did want to know more about what happened last night, but at the same time, she was scared. She slowly opens the note, and then begins reading the contents.
Quote :
Archtemplar:
“Pull the car over; otherwise you will end up in the city morgue."

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Nyssa thinks. She's met this kind of scum before, albeit they were usually restrained by MP's. Letting loose a primal scream to boost adrenaline and maybe give her a few more seconds of consciousness, she decides on her plan of action. It might not be the brightest plan, her subconscious concedes, but there's no way she'll lay down and be this thug's bitch.

Drawing her weapon and swerving as wildly as before with one hand, she places the barrel of the pistol firmly against the wrist clutching her neck and pulls the trigger several times.

If she's successful with the gun but not the driving, she'll point the gun towards the roof and fire blindly for maybe half a dozen shots. If not, she's probably going to black out (?) so it's a moot point.
If she's successful with the driving and throws the assailant, she just drives away from him full speed and doesn't fire.

(same drive check as before) 9,8,3,0,8,0,1,6,8,4,5,(3,9)= 7 successes

(for shooting wrist) per rules on page 154 of the WoD handbook. let me know if i should adjust these for further encounters. I don't know what modifiers (cover, point blank) would apply here, i think it's more or less up to you.
Strength+Firearms+Pistol Specialty: 5,9,5,0,(7) = 2 successes
(secondary shooting, cover probably applies here, but i'll just roll a Dex/Wits/Str (all 2)+Firearms+Pistol Spec and you can subtract: 6,4,6,5 (no successes)
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Robert Dawson:
“You’re from the FBI? Wow the creature has become bolder since he last captured me. I was a just a cyber punk. The thing broke into my house while I was doing… uh, nothing illegal… and he took me down here. I tried to get away but he moves incredibly fast and has the strength of a bull.”

The man’s voice quivers a bit when he recalls his capture from the creature.

“My name is Larry, I was brought down here about 3 months ago and I haven’t seen day light since. The creature brings me food every day but other then that he still hasn’t told me why he captured me.”

“What do you do for the FBI, maybe if we figure out what both of us have in common we can figure out why that thing brought us here?”

Adrien Arceneau:
The police officer looks completely surprised and he doesn’t really know what to do. He just follows your commands as you have a gun pointed at his head.

“I… I… don’t know. I’m just a beat cop that doesn’t even do his job well.”

The cop begins to whimper.

“All of the bad stuff happens to me”, He says to himself. “Last week I almost lost my job when I let an overweight purse snatcher go because I couldn’t catch him. How do you think that makes me look?”

He then regains his composer as he looks back at you.

“Well I’m not going to mess this one up, I’m not going to tell you a thing, I don’t believe your apart of any organization and that phony badge of yours will get you no where with me.”

He then becomes silent and just stares at you.

Analise Ferdinand:
As you open the envelope you see a vial of red liquid and a note. The red liquid looks like blood but it is kind of hard to tell because it is different than any blood you have ever seen. When you pull out the note it says:

Michael,

I want you to meet up with the women I used last night. Don't tell her anything about what happened as she should never find out what she did. I want you to make her drink the vial of my blood and the two of you are too kill the priest at the local church. He has found out about me and he must not be able to spread this truth to anyone. I doubt anyone will believe him but he has sway with the commoners and I don't want anyone to look into this.

Regards,
A.H.

P.S. If you take the blood for yourself nothing will stop me from ending your life.

Nyssa Sinn:
You can barely control the car as you pull out your gun. The car is moving around so much that it is hard to get a clear shot at this man’s wrist. But somehow you get off a lucky shot. The bullet grazes the man’s wrist, but he does not let go of your neck. As you begin to fad into blackness he lets go to try and grab a hold of the car roof. Before he manages to grab anything he slips off of the roof during a particularly sharp turn. You hear him hit some trash cans as he rolls along the road. Wind returns to your lungs as you try to maintain control of the car.

Before he is out of your sight you look in your rear view mirror to see what became of him. To your surprise he has already gotten up and is actually running towards the car. You are easily going faster then him but he appears uninjured from his fall. He eventually goes out of your view as you take a turn.
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Quote :
Alterith:
"Like I said, I'm a member of a special task force. I'm certainly not going to reveal any details of my assignment to someone I can't even see. Certainly you can understand that? When he grabbed me, I put a few bullets in his chest, but they didn't even slow him down, he's gotta be really messed up on pcp or ice, something is killing the pain, though I don't know how he managed to carry me all the way here. The blood loss alone should have ended him. I guess my aim wasn't as dead on as I thought. Maybe I only grazed him, though I'm sure I saw the hole in his head."

Robert pauses as he tries to figure if he only imagined the bullethole in the things forhead, he knows he must have imagined it, an image superimposed from resident evil or something in the heat of his panic. It must have been.

"Has he asked anything from you? I mean, what kind of sick f*ck takes people from their homes to a cage in the sewers then leaves them here for 3 months without wanting anything from them? Could it be some secret plot to steal our identies?"
Quote :
Safirgar:
Adrien chuckles at the man's feeble attempt at bravery, then twists his face into an arrogant smirk. "Oh? You make a reference to how bad theengs happen to you and then you just go and make thee worst meestake of your life. Hmm, oh, is thees your address? I theenk it is. And.. aww. C'est ta fille..." Adrien turns the picture over, "Tammy? She ees so beautiful... so young... so eenocent. It would be a tragedy eef something were to happen to her... or your putain of a wife Shelly. You would do well to tell me what I want, because I weel not seemply keel you, monsieur. I will keel them and leave you alive, but weethout a tongue or eyes. You weel live out your days blind and mute, remembereeng 'ow you could 'ave saved them. I will forgive your eenitial eensolence, thees time. Now. Talk."

Interrogate: wits+intimidation: 2 dice: 9, 5.
Quote :
Rasa:
Analise has no idea what to do. Her life was perfect until a few hours ago, and now everything is going wrong. This man that ruined her life now wants her to go kill some random priest..... but that could mean any priest, as there are many churches throughout town. And he wants her to drink his blood? What kind of sick fsck would want that? She assumes that Michael was the jerk who hurt her..... yes, her stomach still hurt..... oh how she wished the pain away... She gets up, and immediately throws the note in the trash..... She never wants to have anything to do with this again. Maybe her life can go back to being normal? She sits down on her couch, leaving the vial of liquid sitting on the table and flips on the TV. Surely there has to be something about the bar on tv by now.... it's been an hour and a half. Maybe it made the news?
Quote :
Archtemplar:
Nyssa can hardly believe her luck. That was way too close...

Rolling into the abandoned parking lot where the race was scheduled to start, Nyssa looks around for familiar faces.
"Look, i'm gonna have to cancel on the race tonight. I'll forfeit my entry if i have to, but my car is busted up, Kiran got eviscerated nine kinds of Wednesdays, and some crazy ---- tried to kill me on my way here. You wanna argue it, you take it up with that THING -- it moved like a bat out of hell."

Cutting a deal? Manipulation + Persuasion: 3,5 (no success)
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

Robert Dawson:
"Even though he hasn't told me why he brought me down here I have been trying to figure that out. From what I have deduced I think he captured me to stop me from doing whatever it was I was doing. I'm not completely sure about it, but I was trying to hack into some pretty heavy duty security systems before he took me. My only guess is that I was close to succeeding and he didn't like that."

He then pauses for a second as if he is double checking himself to make sure his logic works.

"I don't think he is taking our identities, he just wants to keep us out of his way. But I have no idea why such a monster cares about computer systems. Maybe he works for someone."

Adrien Arceneau:
"Well the jokes on you mister, my family left me after the flooding when I lost my job as a clerk in town hall."

He looks into the distance for a moment as he recalls some old memories. It looks like he is about to break into tears, but he manages to pull them back and retain his composure.

"Go ahead and do what you want with me I won't say a thing to you or anyone else, and there is nothing you can do to make me."

Analise Ferdinand:
Sure enough the scene at the bar has made the evening news. But the news is reporting it as a gang attack. They speculate that the bartender was innocently killed in the middle of two gangs fighting over territory. The cops have even caught the gang members behind the murder. They say the war on gangs is far from over but at least the bartenders family will have closure. There is no mention of any evidence of anybody else being at the scene.

As you turn off the TV in disappointment someone knocks on your door.

Nyssa Sinn:
"I'm not sure if I believe your whole story but if you want out of the race you will have to forfeit your entry. The races don't stop just because you have had a bad day, if these things happened at all."

The coordinator of the race then turns around and begins talking with another driver. After the driver hears your name he looks at you and says. "Thanks for giving me your entry fee." He then winks at you and walks off smiling to himself. You know him to be your main competition when it comes to the races, it is usually him or you that win.

Another man then walks up to your car and puts his hands on the roof as he leans close to talk to you.

"Looks like you ran into some trouble. There is some serious damage to your car."

He says this as he looks at the enormous dent on the top of your car and the broken window. He then gives a quick smirk as if he is laughing inside. Something tells you that there is something different about this man. You have never seen him around here before and he looks different for a racing fan. He has pale skin with sharp fingernails, almost as if he attacks others with his hands. He then says.

"Do you need any help or will be ok by yourself. There are dangerous creatures ... people out there that wouldn't mind hurting you to get what they want."
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:20 pm

Quote :
Alterith:
Mumbling to himself, Robert resorts to his language of choice, namely, binary.

"01001001011101000010000001101000011000010111001100100000011101
0010100111111"

Looking around his surroundings again, Robert begins to look for some means of escape, anything he can use as a pry bar or a key, a pipe running close enough that he can bang on it, anything at all that might be useful.

"Alright, I give, what were you trying to crack when he took you? Has he made any demands of you at all?"

Quote :
Rasa:
Analise was relieved that she wasn't apart of the crime scene investigation at all.....as she WAS there at the time of the murder...... but something struck her as odd..... they caught the gang members behind the murder? it wasn't gang members..... it was one man. And she was SURE that the other man hurt him....or worse. She almost jumped a foot in the air as she heard the knock, as her tension is still high....., but she quickly moves to the door and looks through the peep hole to see who it is, and then opens the door.

OOC: if she recognizes the person behind the door, she takes the chain off the the door and opens it to talk to them. If not, she leaves it on as she opens the door a crack to talk to the person.

Hello?

Quote :
Safirgar:
"I do not wish to kill you monsieur. I do not. However, you are making thees very difficult for me." Adrien stands and walks towards the officer, maintaining eye contact. "Look. I will tell you a secret, because eet is clear to me now that you do not respond to threats of force. I suspected you would cave, but you deed not. I 'ave not been very fair to you, so I will tell you what I know. However, to save your life, 'ere, you weel 'ave to follow my instructions. Sometheeng far more terrible than a man weeth a gun may decide both our fate, monsieur." Adrien sits down in front of the man. "'ere ees what ees true. I AM a member of the DGSE, I am looking to find some members of my force who 'ave been lost in thees city. I found them, but not on my own. A man of great power captured me and brought me to where 'e was keeping them. They were a mess, each of them losing blood. He told me, thee only way I could save them was eef I deed an assignment for heem. 'owever, eef anyone found out what my assignment was or who he ees, then they and I weel die. So, now I 'ave told you that. If you tell anyone about what happened 'ere, sure, I weel be dead already. But so weel you and all you love. I guarantee thees man weel find them. We can help eachother, though, monsieur. We can. We 'ave to be quiet and we 'ave to be smart. My name is Francois DeMarquis, and eef we cannot come to some sort of compromise, we both die 'orrible painful deaths." Adriens smiles defeatedly. "So, 'ere is what I must find out. I must find out what thee police know of that abandoned warehouse. If you do not know, you must tell me who does and 'ow I may speak with heem. I do not want my friends to die, monsier; that ees why I 'ave been so aggressive. I am sorry." Adrien looks to the ground in shame, then looks back at the policeman. "Eef we can figure out a way to stop thees man, together, we can part ways and you weel never 'ave to see me again. But, if you still refuse to help me, I weel 'ave to find someone else who can. Surely, you understand. So what do you say, monsieur?"

Cutting a Deal: Manipulation+Persuasion: 4,4,9,10,8,10,2 extra: 9,7

Quote :
MeMotHolgar:
Anthony proceeds to the back of the body shop. Memories of easier times rush back into his mind. It seemed so long ago that he was merely dabbling in some gateway drugs. Now, he is drinking vials of red 'ultra-drug'. My how things have changed...

"Been a long time, Frank," Anthony says as he sees his old acquaintance. "I'm here on business." He looks coldly at the dealer who can be credited with ruining many lives. Anthony doesn't feel any real anger or hatred towards the man, yet he saw with his own eyes what might happen to him should he not carry out what was asked of him. He looks around the room, taking in the familiar surroundings, trying to be as personable as possible.

He extends his hand toward Frank, with the intent to greet him. As his hand hangs in the air, it begins to visible shake. Anthony quickly retracts his arm, not wanting to show the dependence he has on all the drugs. He nods his head, attempting to show similar respect as his previous gesture. He then closes the door behind him and awaits a response from Frank.

Quote :
Archtemplar:
Nyssa growls at the gibes of her rival, then turns back to see the unusual stranger. A strange feeling comes over Nyssa, and she decides to try a new tactic to cope with all these bizarre events...
Nyssa intentionally tries to piss off the stranger and gauge his reaction. Angrily jabbing her middle finger towards his face, she says "Get lost, creep." and wanders off towards the start of the race to size up the other competitors.

ooc: let me know if i should roll for any of this, i'll pm you the results
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:22 pm

Robert Dawson:
“Are you mumbling in zeros and ones?”

He sounds very puzzled and confused. After you ask him about what he was working on he forgets about the numbers and says,

“I don’t know what it was, but it was a secure server of some kind. I’ve never seen anything like it. I can crack the FBI, CIA, you name it, but this thing was way out of my league. I had to relearn everything I knew just to start cracking it. It took me months to get even close to understanding the level of encryption that was on it. I still don’t know what it was because our friend here kidnapped me before I completed it. Beyond that he also trashed my stuff. I was knocked out but I came to when he was carrying me away. I could see my apartment was on fire and most likely everything was ruined.”

He pauses for a second and says something under his breath before he says,

“Heads up, our mutual friend is here to give us food. By the way, you’re going to like what he serves you. It may look like tomato soup but it isn’t. It’ll give you the biggest rush in the world.”

You then see the creature walk up to your cell and push a bowl through the bars with a red liquid inside that looks a lot like tomato soup. The creature says nothing and leaves. You then hear your next door neighbor drink it as fast as he can. He is very sloppy but he downs it in about one second.

Adrien Arceneau:
The cop looks at you with awe and astonishment. At first he doesn’t know what to say or how to react.

“That is a pretty fancy story my friend. I’m not sure if what you say about you being apart of the DGSE is actually true, but despite that fact, I believe you. But you didn’t have to bind me to get me to understand. Believe you me, since I joined the force I’ve seen some things that would turn your blood cold. In fact I know of what you speak. They are kept in a warehouse, correct?”

He thinks for a second. It is apparent he is deciding on how much he is going to tell you.

“A group of us stumbled upon the warehouse during a routine raid a couple of weeks ago. We didn’t know quite what to think. For awhile most of us were in denial about what we saw. But we came to the realization that it was real and we had to do something about it. Now whenever we try to find the warehouse again we always get lost or end up somewhere we didn’t intend. Also whenever we get any evidence that points towards what is happening it disappears from the evidence room. Nobody recalls us bringing it in and the records show that it never existed. This was to be my ticket to become a detective. I’ve had some hard times and this is my big break. Maybe you can help us out. Release me and I will help you find your friends.”

Analise Ferdinand:
As you look through the peep hole you see a man in a trench coat and an Indiana Jones hat. He looks very much like the detectives you see on TV. He looks like a normal person with a good complexion, medium build, and is fairly lean. When you open the door a crack, with the chain still on, the man looks at you and says.

“I have a message from our mutual friend.”

He then precedes to hand you another tan envelope through the crack in the door.

“This should explain everything. As long as you do what it says I will keep the cops out of your hair. I assume you’ve seen the evening news?” He pauses for a second as you nod. “Just be warned that if you don’t do what it says, the cops will be the least of your worries.”

Before you have a chance to respond he begins heading towards the staircase. Before he leaves, however, he turns around and mentions the vial.

“By the way, you should really drink that blood; it will give you strength for what is to come.”

He then leaves you there with the note and even more to think about.

Anthony Augustine:
ooc: If you wish to try anything on him at any point during this it is ok, just disregard anything that happens after you act.

Frank glances briefly at your shaky hand. He smiles briefly and then turns his back to you as he goes to his tool chest. After some rummaging around he turns around with a small cellophane wad. Inside you can clearly see some weed.

“Want some of this do we? To open up business with me again it is going to be $200 dollars. After that I will sell this stuff to you at normal prices.”

He then holds out his hand for your money, expecting you to give it to him right away.

Nyssa Sinn:
The man looks at your middle finger with surprise as if you did something he never saw before. As you walk over to the other drivers you can hear him mumble under his breath. It is apparent that he is fairly pissed off and didn’t expect that response. Before you get to anybody else a hand grabs your shoulder and abruptly turns you around. The man grabs both of your arms and stares right into your eyes.

“Listen missy, I want your undivided attention. Do as I say or you’re going to end up like your friend Kiran. Now follow me before I decide that you are no longer useful.”

Roll Resolve for save vs. dominate
Back to top Go down
Random

Random

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:23 pm

Quote :
Alterith:
Robert considers the bowl before him. It has obviously been drugged, but with what? and why? These are questions he will get answers to before he ever thinks of drinking it. And did he call it blood? What kind of sick minded [!] was he dealing with? Taking him into the sewers was bad enough, all he needed now was the penguins with rockets on their backs and he'd be all set. This kid? next to him was probably an amateur hacker, he must be, braggin about cracking the cia without recognizing binary? I mean, how dense do you have to be? How many languages out there use 1's and 0's?

"0101011101101000011000010111010000100000011010010111001100100000011101000110100001100101
00100000011000100110000101110011011001010010000001100011011011110111001001100101001000000
11000010110110001100111011011110111001001101001011101000110100001101101001000000111010001
10111100100000011000110111001001100001011000110110101100100000011101000110100001100101001
00000010001100100001001001001001000000110001101101111011101100110010101110010011101000010
00000110111101110000011100110010000001100100011000010111010001100001011000100110000101110
0110110010100111111"

Robert speaks quickly, but clearly, testing the person on the other side of the wall. He takes a minute considering the blood, then puts the bowl to the side, deciding the bowl might at least be a weapon if worst comes to worst...not that it would matter, while he can head shot anyone with a knife in CS, this is the real world, and he can barely handle the kickback on his 9mm without falling over. He begins inspecting the lock on the door. It's clear that the intent here is to drug him and acquire his acute knowledge of government agencies, or perhaps it is something deeper. Only time will tell, he decides to wait for the next time his captor comes around. Maybe he can get an answer or two.

Quote :
Rasa:
Analise had nothing to say to this man....... in fact, she had nothing to say period. she wishes all of this hadn't happened to her, but she's been through [!] before, she'll just have to work through it. Maybe if she does whatever task there is in the envelope they will leave her alone? yes..... that must be it. However, there was no way in hell that she was going to drink that blood. It will make her stronger? heh, yeah right. she decided to slip it into her purse anyway just in case. It could prove useful if she gets herself into a dangerous situation? Still confused and shooken up over the whole situation, she opens up the tan envelope, and reads what's inside. surely they'll leave her alone after she does what they want her to........

Quote :
Safirgar:
"Très bon, monsieur!" Adrien uncuffs the man. "We weel get to thee bottom of thees. Perhaps you weel get your "beeg break." Regardless, we feex whatever has gone wrong een our lives thus far, non? As far as thee theengs I have seen. I weel not relive them, you must forgive me. Where are thee other men who know about thees warehouse. Perhaps they can help us. All of us are more formeedable than deux of us. Wee should pool our resources, I know 'ow to enter thee warehouse, but I 'ave to make sure that the man een charge does not suspect anything. Eef 'e does, all ees lost. Et, I do mean ALL. 'ere are your effects." before handing the man his gun, Adrien unloads the clip. "A precaution, surely you understand. So, 'ow weel we do thees, mon nouvel ami?"

Composure+empathy: 9,8,8
More manipulation: 2,9,10,6,8,7,2 extra: 9

Quote :
Archtemplar:
Resolve: 3,2,1 Sad

Nyssa would probably care more about the result of her flippant actions in a more intricate situation, but given the current state of affairs, all she can do is file it away for later consideration. The last thing that goes through her mind is "what if you already decided that i'm no longer useful? how am i supposed to follow you in the past?"

Then she comes around to the inevitable conclusion that following this friendly stranger is the most logical and prudent course of action.
Yeah, that makes sense...

(ooc: no sarcasm implied)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness   Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 0: Welcome to the World of Darkness
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next