A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?

Go down 
+4
MeNotHolgar
RaSa
Alterith
Boomerwang
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Left_bar_bleue1/0Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty
PostSubject: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Haha sorry, the title sounded much funnier and more clever (cleverer!) in my head. Wow, the Firefox spellchecker did not pick up "cleverer." That's awesome.

So anyways, for those of us who are still in school, what are your Spring Break plans? I packed mine so that move may not have been academically wise, but mehhhh! It's Spring Break! But yeah working really hard this week to get as much stuff done as possible.

Got about a 4-day ski trip in Canada coming up, it'll take a big chunk out of my wallet but it'll be great times, then that (second) weekend a Final Fantasy concert... dude Alex! It's in Rosemont, but our group might be visiting Chicago? We should meet up man.

Ben, if you'd like to get together that'd be sweet too, I'd only be available pretty much Sunday afternoonish, but I'm not sure what my parents would like to do. =\

How about you guys?!
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Left_bar_bleue31/21Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 4:35 pm

Lol, I'll be here working monday-friday until 2, so sunday is cool. I take it we're not gonna do a ski trip as a group then? I know we had thrown the idea out there before, we should set one up for all of us though.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Left_bar_bleue9/14Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Going to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, baby. Hittin up the beach all day, and getting drunk all night. sleep very little, and repeat. Sounds like a riot. Leaving tomorrow at 4:45am, (plane takes off at 6:40) and returning Thursday night at like 10 or 11. Friday will most likely be spent recuperating, and then I'll most likely be working Saturday and Sunday.

looks like i'm just about as busy as jerry :)
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Left_bar_bleue16/33Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 5:17 pm

dude, jerry, rosemont is like 15 minutes from my apartment. let me know what your plans are and i'll definitely meet you somewhere.

jeez... spring break... those were the days. you young whipper-snappers better enjoy it while it lasts.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Left_bar_bleue31/21Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 7:26 pm

lol...Jerry's in the same age category as you alex...so shut yer mouth you youngin Razz Only I can talk about being old :D Grandfather time has nothing on me. Back when I was in school we had to walk 20 miles through 10 feet of snow uphill both ways. So there! And in the work world you get spring break whenever the heck you feel like taking it. It don't get much better than that.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Left_bar_bleue9/14Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 12:22 am

Shut up gramps! we don't wanna hear your lame arse stories!
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Left_bar_bleue16/33Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 12:33 am

haha, jerry is actually two days older!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Left_bar_bleue1/0Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 1:47 am

I feel the love.

And the achy knees.

Argh.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Left_bar_bleue12/18Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 4:23 am

Spring Break? Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Um ... ... no time off thus no spring break. Well, technically my plans over "spring break" would be similar to whatever it will be the week before and after.

Though on the bright side, it is starting to warm up here again. It was one of the coldest winters around in a while. Case in point, check out what happened a couple hundred miles north of here in China and all the problems it caused. In Hong Kong it got as cold as the upper single digits ... ... Celsius. Now its back up to the mid teens. (5C = 41F, 10C = 50F, 15C = 59F, 20C = 68F)
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 8:29 am

Yeah, you know what...shut up...just...shut...up! Razz j/k yeah, so our windchill had us at -26 the other night (and I was of course working overnight, and of course had to keep going outside to get stuff, and of course had only my light jacket and a t-shirt to keep me warm, no hat, no gloves *shiver*) so yeah, I don't wanna hear about how cold it was, hitting the upper 40's...aww, so sad...don't care Razz It's still bouncing around freezing here, and I don't see any signs of spring coming any time soon. I've still got about 6 inches of snow on the ground in my backyard.

EDIT: But on the plus side, I can build a snowman, so nyah Razz
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 8:48 am

Alterith wrote:
I've still got about 6 inches of snow on the ground in my backyard.

psssshhh, according to your previous story, you should feel like you're a kid again! the only difference is there won't be any dinosaurs trying to eat you, old man!
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Left_bar_bleue12/18Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Alterith wrote:
yeah, so our windchill had us at -26 the other night (and I was of course working overnight, and of course had to keep going outside to get stuff, and of course had only my light jacket and a t-shirt to keep me warm, no hat, no gloves *shiver*) so yeah

Hehe, that does suck, though I must wonder why you only had a light jacket. Snowman, snow forts, and snowball fights are cool. Skiing and snowboarding are also fun activities that aren't going to happen around here. Since the building we live in was built for non wealthy people, it has terrible insulation. The inside temperature is within a couple degrees of the outside temperature. No heaters, only air conditioner units, and only the models that blow cold air. The fancier models that can blow warm air were "too expensive" and the middle class "do not need them". I don't have any winter stuff out here. Just a (single) sweater.

While the winters are mild around here, the summers are hot and humid. We're by the ocean, how dry can it get? Latitude-wise, we're further south (closer to equator), than 49 of the 50 U.S. states, and Hawaii's southern islands (big ones on the eastern side) are further south but their northern islands (small ones on the western side) are also further north.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Yeah, I lived on one of those islands for 10 years, and I know what you're talking about. When it dropped to 60 degrees it was "freezing" with no insulation and no relief, but here that would be t-shirt and short weather after the frigid winter. I only had a light jacket because I wasn't expecting to be outside and just to run out to my car, and from my car to the building isn't worth layering up. And alex, the dinosaurs didn't come around till my early adult life. My childhood was occupied by nothing but crocodiles and cockroaches Razz
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 7:38 pm

Alterith wrote:
Yeah, you know what...shut up...just...shut...up! Razz j/k yeah, so our windchill had us at -26 the other night (and I was of course working overnight, and of course had to keep going outside to get stuff, and of course had only my light jacket and a t-shirt to keep me warm, no hat, no gloves *shiver*) so yeah, I don't wanna hear about how cold it was, hitting the upper 40's...aww, so sad...don't care Razz It's still bouncing around freezing here, and I don't see any signs of spring coming any time soon. I've still got about 6 inches of snow on the ground in my backyard.

EDIT: But on the plus side, I can build a snowman, so nyah Razz

-26 huh? well it was 80 today in ft. lauderdale :) The crazy wind at the beach made it a bit chilly after we went for swim.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 8:30 pm

Yeah, see thats uncomfortably hot, especially considering the humidity, so I'd rather be here actually Razz
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 12:58 pm

orly? honestly, you're at the beach, and it MAY be 80 degrees, but since there is so much freaking wind from the ocean, you don't really feel any of it. In fact, it is just really comfortable. The temperature is amazing, and if by chance it gets a bit warm, there is an ocean 10 yards from you.

Life is amazing.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 1:16 pm

and it will feel that much colder when you return to the frigid north Razz
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 6:43 pm

Heh, remember andrew, I lived in hawaii for 10 years...I know what its like, and I have a cousin in florida as well. I don't like the weather in either location...I came to michigan for a reason :) I really don't mind the cold that much, just when it gets really frigid and the wind is blowing right at you...that sucks. Other than that though, I actually enjoy winters here.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 9:58 pm

yeah..... i would agree honestly. I do prefer the michigan weather. I like wearing sweaters, coats, and other warm clothing, and i like playing in the snow. The only thing, is I also like being able to be warm randomly. So the moral of the story is enjoy the cold long term, and go on frequent warm trips :)
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 10:22 pm

lol...if I want the warmth I go inside Razz
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 10:42 pm

eh, honestly i could deal with milder winters at the cost of hotter summers. maybe not hawaii... but something like virginia, north or south carolina or even georgia... but i like the lifestyle of the midwest. though, it's not like i'm goin anywhere any time soon, heh.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 3:50 pm

Really I just want to move somewhere that has better skiing closer Razz That's why we keep talking about Colorado, Utah, and West Virginia.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 8:30 pm

I do indeed like the midwest. I think i would miss it too much if i left.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi everyone! FYI, I am safe and sound in Canada, at the Blue Mountain ski resort. Fantastic snow here! And after a morning of warming up on bunny hills, we're back at our room for lunch, and then we're gonna hit the slopes again this afternoon. Really anticipating some challenging slopes. =)

Have an enjoyable week, all!
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:35 pm

don't die! we need to continue your campaign :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?   Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where in the Nine Hells... is Your Spring Break Plan?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next