A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Superbowl

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Superbowl Left_bar_bleue1/0Superbowl Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

Superbowl Empty
PostSubject: Superbowl   Superbowl EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 am

Man, what a game, eh? Who were you all rooting for? I defaulted to the Saints just because they were the underdog... but 31-17 is pretty solid! I wonder what happened to the Colts in the last few minutes of the game... it looks like they cracked or something. We had a lot of Colts fans here confident that Manning would pull through, but we were pretty surprised. Then again, it looked like there were some botched catch attempts and whatnot.

And what'd you all think of the Tebow commercial, the one that was anticipated to create a lot of controversy? I didn't see it (I missed the first half) but I heard it wasn't nearly as controversial as people online were making it out to be...
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Superbowl Left_bar_bleue16/33Superbowl Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

Superbowl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superbowl   Superbowl EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:49 am

The game was pretty good. Not quite the thriller that last year or the year before turned out to be... but still good overall. I was rooting for the Saints so that made things better for me (Brees went to Purdue after all). Quality play on both sides, but New Orleans made just enough plays on defense - bend, but don't break philosphy - that they were able to win it.

The Tebow commercial wasn't that controversial, though I have to admit I couldn't hear it that well because people here were talking.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Superbowl Left_bar_bleue31/21Superbowl Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

Superbowl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superbowl   Superbowl EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:25 pm

I didn't find it at all controversial myself, but whatever. I was rooting for the Saints as the underdog team (you all know I don't really care about most sports teams so I had no real favorite. Default is always the underdog). I think at least part of the reason the colts foundered at the end was that Peyton took an awkward fall when he went to make a tackle after his interception. He took a hard block and went down pretty awkward. Not saying that's the reason, but they really started to let it go following that. Of course...they had been outplayed for the 2nd quarter and most of the third as well so it wasn't that big of a change. I think it really put the nail in the coffin though, that interception. Was happy with the officiating in this game. I think they made most of the right calls. They let a lot of pushing and shoving go which allowed the game to flow quickly. I mean, only 8 penalties and only 1 turnover is impressive even in a game as big as this one. Was quite happy with the results and the entire game was worth watching.

On the other side...I wasn't overly thrilled with the commercials. The house made of Budweiser was entertaining (especially the end where they opened up the shower...HOT! ) Other than that, I felt they really didn't do much creative or different. The Budweiser Clydesdale was there more as a presence, didn't find it all that entertaining. The Etrade were all pretty lame. Just didn't see much that made me feel I was watching the Superbowl in order to see the commercials. Usually I couldn't care less about the game...this time I was more interested in the game than the commercials...sad times.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
Superbowl Left_bar_bleue9/14Superbowl Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

Superbowl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superbowl   Superbowl EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:27 am

Alterith wrote:
(you all know I don't really care about most sports teams so I had no real favorite. Default is always the underdog).

FALSE. If Michigan and Michigan State were playing in a football game and Michigan was actually the underdog for once, you know you'd still root for state.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755

Character
HP:
Superbowl Left_bar_bleue31/21Superbowl Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

Superbowl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superbowl   Superbowl EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:25 pm

RaSa wrote:
Alterith wrote:
(you all know I don't really care about MOST sports teams so I had no real favorite. Default is always the underdog).

FALSE. If Michigan and Michigan State were playing in a football game and Michigan was actually the underdog for once, you know you'd still root for state.

Pay attention to the disclaimer I included. *signed*

I am fully aware that I favor state, but that is pretty much the only team I have a preference for. Sometimes I will root for michigan teams like the pistons, tigers or the Lions, but it is more a rote support, I don't really care. Even in my support of state it's just because I went there and its fun to rile up michigan supporters. I really don't care about sports in general.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Superbowl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superbowl   Superbowl Empty

Back to top Go down

Superbowl
Page 1 of 1