A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Common OOC thread

Go down 
+6
Boomerwang
Snaphin
RaSa
MeNotHolgar
Alterith
hikaritenchi
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Common OOC thread Left_bar_bleue-9/8Common OOC thread Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:46 am

Post here commonly. hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Common OOC thread Left_bar_bleue31/21Common OOC thread Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:35 pm

testing?
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Common OOC thread Left_bar_bleue16/33Common OOC thread Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:45 pm

word, works now.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
Common OOC thread Left_bar_bleue9/14Common OOC thread Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:02 am

w00t!
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
Common OOC thread Left_bar_bleue12/18Common OOC thread Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyThu May 22, 2008 11:43 am

sweet! ... or finally!
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Common OOC thread Left_bar_bleue-9/8Common OOC thread Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyThu May 22, 2008 11:58 am

yep.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyThu May 22, 2008 8:24 pm

well. now that my char is updated, i'm excited again for this.

LET'S DO IT>>> RAAHHHH!!!!
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
Common OOC thread Left_bar_bleue12/18Common OOC thread Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:23 pm

Boomerwang wrote:
Because Mystia is staying behind (i.e. retirement into NPC status), David and I have decided that a very useful role for her to play would be to remain at "home base." One of her duties would include being the group's financial manager. As she was the former leader of the adventuring group when it was all together, I'm going to pull a DM intervention and just say that she's the only one who is currently serving all group members.

Over time, Mystia will also gain levels and thus be able to provide healing services and refilling food supplies (utilizing her fishing and local market skills) for you between adventures, provided you are able to return to base before your next adventure (some adventures may take place sequentially off-Shell and so occasionally this option will not be avaialble). Eventually she may also be able to provide item identification.

Sweet! Maid service, sammich service, etc.! Razz
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptySat May 24, 2008 12:50 am

serving eh? hott.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyThu May 29, 2008 9:20 am

um... did we move forums again or are jerry/david MIA?
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Common OOC thread Left_bar_bleue1/0Common OOC thread Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:05 pm

Sorry, I've just MIA a tiny bit. Don't know about David, he should be around and available, maybe just lazy (heheh). Nick is working on his character.

In the meantime, with The Traveler's treasure, I'm just going to put most of it in the group fund, since everybody has more or less gotten their allotment of treasure for this level.

Another issue causing a slight delay is that since Gary is more or less unavailable, I'm looking to having possibly another person join. This person is pretty experienced with the game so it shouldn't cause that much more delay. In any case, never fear, we will start Chapter 2 soon.
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyThu May 29, 2008 6:10 pm

roger that!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 6:21 pm

ttbek wrote:
Hey Boomer, did you see my post on your wall? Before I can really do anything I need a) confirmation on level (2, right?) b) warlock advancement tables/spell info, that good stuff. I could play in either campaign, though I know David's group has been wanting a spellcaster. Also what should I be doing with regard to equipment. Should I use the standard 2nd level wealth and assume general availability of items the appear in the Player's Handbook? Modifiers are limited at +10 and roles are trust based, correct? Yet another thing...take your turn in the chess game already, it's been ages.

Yeah, sorry, I've been away from Facebook for a little bit, just replied to your Wall post today. In terms of equipment, go ahead and pick anything available from the Player's Handbook 3.5e, standard 2nd level wealth is fine. You are correct with the +10 max modifiers but it applies before you apply racial adjustments, so if you pick a race that brings that max above +10 it is alright as long as your original scores didn't exceed it. I am not sure what you mean by "roles are trust based." If you are asking about in terms of how the group members will be acquainted with each other... that will be determined as they are introduced. While it's alright to lean towards a "we're all friends since I know we're all players" mentality when dealing with new characters (as opposed to treating them like NPCs), I don't want people immediately just assuming that they can trust each other with their lives and that everyone is best friends - that should be roleplayed out. :) Haha, I'll get to the chess game later tonight.

ttbek wrote:
I think I'm going to leave the campaign choice to David and Boomer, that way no can complain to me that, "our group needed the spells more... I'm not entirely sure how useful the warlock's spell set is going to be. Also, DM's I just rolled my stats using the second method, 3d6 9 times, top six. Results are 15, 5, 12, 17, 10, 10, 13, 9, and 13, obviously dropping 5, 9, and 10. I have yet to arrange them since I need to find the warlock info first.

Haha, alright, you're officially signed on with my game. Just an FYI, I sent you an email with an attached spreadsheet describing the warlock (and other) classes. So far, between both gaming groups, we have:

Fighter
Monk
Druid
Warlock (kaymoris)
Warlock (you)

Barbarian
Ninja
Bard
Scout

Not sure if knowing that there was another Warlock in your group was going to influence your decision in terms of group balance, but I personally don't mind. No prob with your ability rolls, go ahead with character development. One stipulation though, even though we don't have to have a backstory completely figured out for you to begin play, I would like you to fill out the other portions of the character sheet in their entirety, including Physical Description and all the text-based stuff at the end. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Character
HP:
Common OOC thread Left_bar_bleue10/10Common OOC thread Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Offense: 2 Claws +2/+2 1d6+1/1d6+1 or Masterwork Bastard Sword +3 1d10+1
Defense: AC:17 (10+1(NA)+2(Dex)+4(Chain Shirt))

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm

Hmm, apparently I was careless with my spelling. I meant that rolls, as in of dice, were trust based. I'll probably make my character on Tuesday, I should have been doing math all weekend.... and it's due Tuesday morning. Thanks for the resources. I didn't know there was another Warlock, considering that I may be something else, I'll have to think about it. It looks like your group might have trouble locks and traps though, so we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 8:57 pm

Ah, I see. Yeah, I go by the honor system. There is a dice rolling tool on the forums, but I don't require that for my game.

That's cool, take your time. :)
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Character
HP:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:59 pm

What are the current rules regarding outrageous multiclassing? For instance: Monk 1/Warlock 1/Rogue 1/Fighter 1/Sorcerer 1. Obviously we are only second level, but with regard to any restrictions specific to this game (I know all the XP stuff). Though I was wondering what a DM should do if a character went and picked up levels as 5/1/1/1/1/1 with none being the character's favored class. The character would then receive no XP and never advance. I don't think many DM's would allow that situation to occur, though I probably would, if they're being that stupid they deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Haha! There are none.

I pretty much share your view. Although, I think that such a player would be better off playing in another game in the first place, since the kind of personality required to seriously make such a decision represents a person whom I'd be sort of hesitant to have in this game. Unless it was somebody I knew personally that I really liked. Really really liked. Because otherwise I'm not taking that kind of a hit to the quality of this game, hahaha. :)
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 5:33 pm

Yeah, I plan on acquiring lvl 1 in every class available :D Then I will take a lvl in every race (don't ask how you acquire races later in the game) Then I will take over the world :D
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 6:30 pm

Hahaha! Alright sir, you have fun in your corner... decaclassing, or whatever it'll be called.

But actually, if you think about it... this is how D&D would represent Wolf-Wolf!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 8:22 pm

Woof-Woof fool...and Dan actually found my folder that had all our old character sheets, including Woof-Woof :D including his PB of 3/4 of a point Wink Some other cool characters were in the folder too. All our 7th sea characters from Gert's campaign were in there, along with many rifts and AD&D characters from back in the day. And if you think about it, taking a single lvl in every class would be really effective until you actually had to take a 2nd lvl in something. Your saves would be godly, your hp would be pretty good, and you would have a stockpile of special abilities, spells, and familiars (would you get a familiar for both your wizard, sorc and animal companion for druid and horse companion as paladin or would you get like a horse as a paladin and all the others would just use that?)
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 8:25 pm

it would be a super horse!

Dan (if you ever get back on here, lol) save those sheets! I'd like to take a look and reminisce next time I'm home.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 9:32 pm

I second that! it'd be great to see them! though unfortunately, i have a feeling most of my characters are not in there, as i liked to bring the majority of mine home.....
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Character
HP:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 10:06 pm

Actually, taking a level in everything leads to a really terrible character. Sure you have lots of spells, but they all suck. Familiar style creatures aren't that powerful and the good saves won't be good enough to save you. You would just be a diluted hack and slasher with a few cantrips. Fighters can wear good armor, spellcasters don't like it, you would have to be lawful good or the Paladin level would be a complete waste,....etc.............................................................................................................................. That said, what does the advancement for the Yuan-ti look like? I hear that a lot of time was put into these advancement tables.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 10:35 pm

Baaaahhhh! "Wolf-Wolf" looks better typed out. :)

... sorry Ben, despite the time it did take me, the Yuan-ti progression hasn't been developed yet. Sad
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Character
HP:

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:43 pm

How about Aasimar, I know they aren't on your list, but half fiends are (though you spelled them as half fields). They're given a +1 ecl (or was it cr? I forget, and it's bad if it's cr because then the ecl is actually higher) in the MM. So I could only start on first level, the lack of hp could hurt. Also the dichotomy (Aasimar warlock) could make for an intersting backstory and character development.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Common OOC thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common OOC thread   Common OOC thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Common OOC thread
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next