A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Left_bar_bleue1/0I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Empty
PostSubject: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 1:18 am

So I pretty much concluded that my life as we know it will end if I buy Starcraft 2. I have decided (wisely, I will assume) to pass on this beautiful game.

Come December, with the TRON LEGACY hype reaching its climax, I'm thinking about getting So that's one title I'm thinking of TRON EVOLUTION for PS3. My roommate has this sweet home entertainment system setup (in our decent but somewhat old and worn-down apartment, haha) where we have an HD projector, PS3, and sub that could really compete with theaters if we were to show Transformers (you remember the AWESOME bass from that movie? We could do it justice here). Anyways, I think playing this TRON game on that would be very fun.

Another title I'm interested in is DEUX EX Human Revolution - I think it's slated for early next year. I was a huge fan of the original Deus Ex when it came out in... what, 1999? It was amazing.I remember playing it on a Pentium III 566 MHz (complete with the ANNOYING Windows Me!). I'm probably also going to get this for the PS3 just to support the console.

Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Left_bar_bleue-9/8I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:09 pm

Recettear is pretty fun. $20 on steam. It's an RPG, but you play as a shopkeeper. You know, the ones that sell you bombs or potions or herbs, that kind of stuff. Also, remember how sometimes shopkeepers would run out of rat tails, and would send you on a quest to get some? Yeah, you get to make adventurers do that stuff for you. During these dungeon crawls, it's like a mini action RPG.

I've actually never played it, but I know a few people who have, and all of them love it.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Left_bar_bleue31/21I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Sounds interesting. I do have Starcraft 2 of course and I really have enjoyed the campaign mode. The problem with the game is it requires so much that it is almost impossible to get a good multiplayer game going without someone crashing or lagging the whole game up. I can only handle about 2v2 on my laptop before I lag really bad. That is kinda sad. I need a new comp at some point to really do it justice. That's the only new game I plan on getting for quite awhile though...I just don't have the time to dedicate to games like I used to.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Left_bar_bleue1/0I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 pm

I hear ya man. I'm in the same boat with the time thing. But I like it better this way, personally. I think a few years back I burned myself out on binge-gaming. Luckily life is interesting enough to keep me doing various things!
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Left_bar_bleue9/14I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:31 pm

Yeah, I am hoping to get a new comp soon so i can buy it/run it. If only i had more money....
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Left_bar_bleue16/33I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:02 pm

I bought ICO for ps2 probably about 3-4 years ago along with a few other games and it ended up on the back burner for me. I just got an itch to go back and play some EA College Football... but that game ruins my life for a month whenever I pick it up, so I decided to do something else when I noticed poor ICO sitting on the shelf, relatively unplayed. I have really enjoyed it so far. Kind of a platform/puzzle game which is nice. Not super hard (or super long from what I've read). Made by the same team that did Shadow of the Colossus - which is only one of the best games ever made (AND I HEAR THEY ARE MAKING A PS3 HD VERSION! SQUEEEEEE!). So yeah, I really like it so far. I'm about 3ish hours in and probably somewhere around half complete. If you can find it used, I would recommend it.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Left_bar_bleue-9/8I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:09 am

If you hate your life, you can play Monster Hunter!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:08 am

Wait, what's ICO?
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Left_bar_bleue16/33I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:31 am

You can check out the ICO Wiki. It does a pretty good job of not spoiling anything, though I admittedly have not read the "plot" section which likely will include spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Oh wow, cool!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Left_bar_bleue31/21I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:49 pm

And by find it used, you mean if you have it the next time I see you right?
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:07 am

Sure. I actually have 2 copies of the game. One of them wouldn't work on my PS2, and Gamestop (the bastards) wouldn't take it back unless I sold it back to them at some horrible loss. So I was like, screw that I'll keep it on principle. Of course, that really doesn't do anything for me... but if someone else wants to see if they can get it to work, by all means. If I remember correctly, it made it to the new-game screen and then would stall out. I think I remember reading some sort of work around, but it was after I bought the second copy.

Any takers?
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:51 am

I'm always down for trying to get a game to work. Remember, I grew up on the cartridges Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...   I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm thinking about buying some new ones soon...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A M U R I Z O N forums :: General :: Games-
Jump to: