A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Avatar: The Last Airbender Left_bar_bleue1/0Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 3:12 pm

Though this series pales in comparison to many anime series, in my opinion it also beats many anime series. Of course that's just a personal preference issue. pirate

But yeah. For an American Nick cartoon, I rather enjoy it. I'm glad to see the creators took a lot of inspiration from anime and Asian culture influences. The elemental approach I feel at times has been under-utilized, but hey, imagination always trumps artistic creation right? But the elemental concept is pretty cool. There's some teen angst stuff I think the series would have been better without, but hey, the main characters are in fact kids, so it's understandable. In fact it puts an interesting spin on things.

In all, this show might be somewhat reminiscent of the Jackie Chan's Adventures show. Slightly more serious, but still with plenty of funny and goofy moments.

I'd recommend a look. It's surely better than a lot of the crap out there. rabbit

Who's your favorite character? I'm not too sure about myself, but for now I'd have to say Azula. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Avatar: The Last Airbender Left_bar_bleue16/33Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 8:23 pm

i've watched this show a few times, but never could get the schedule down. so... i missed episodes and never really knew what was going on. from the few episodes i did see, i liked it. one of the better american cartoons on tv these days... at least from what i saw.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Avatar: The Last Airbender Left_bar_bleue1/0Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 7:46 pm

I would agree. I think there are several gems of American cartoons out there but by and large I'd say the quality is not so great...

I definitely miss shows like Centurions. That was one baller American cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Avatar: The Last Airbender Left_bar_bleue31/21Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 10:33 pm

Hell yeah, I loved centurions. Thing is, you can't find it anywhere now. I've looked online for legit and illegit downloads and can't find it, blockbuster and netflix don't supply it, I swear it never existed, and we just imagined it Razz If anyone knows where I can find the episodes, let me know, I miss that show Sad

Of course, with all the good old shows coming back, maybe there's hope for cartoons too? I mean, night rider and american gladiators are both coming back. If they brought it back though, I fear they'd go the 3-d route that has wrecked so many other series (imo) like voltron, gi-joe, etc.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
Avatar: The Last Airbender Left_bar_bleue16/33Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 11:18 pm

i have not seen the show... so i don't know if this description is the correct one you're talking about... but figured i'd try to help out

behold, Centurions
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
Avatar: The Last Airbender Left_bar_bleue9/14Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 12:02 am

Avatar was a quite interesting show for not being japanese anime. I honestly enjoyed what i've seen, and do like their concepts of being able to control one element. I think it would be cool to have an rpg like that :)
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 3:24 am

Someone should run an Avatar RPG or something. =D
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
Avatar: The Last Airbender Left_bar_bleue9/14Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 am

we already have enough RPG's on this forum >.<
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
Avatar: The Last Airbender Left_bar_bleue31/21Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 11:49 am

Lol, you never have enough rpg's Razz I figure we need 7, that way at least one will post every day ;P

And, yes, that was the show alex, thx. I know what I'm gonna be doing this weekend.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 12:07 pm

hooray!

it's shake and bake, and i helped!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 12:09 pm

lol, :D way to go, you're just the find-it king ;P
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 12:10 pm

hmmm, i'll have to add that to my business cards.

Alex Hunt
Applications Engineer/Find-it King

i think that has a nice ring, don't you?
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 12:11 pm

lol, yeah, that'd be a good selling tool for ya :D Engineers are always losing their minds after all
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 12:45 pm

RaSa wrote:

This means only one thing - that we need more of our friends and new friends on these forums to expand in games and player base. =P
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 10:43 am

So, dumb question, how do you watch the torrent file? Where do I get a torrent player?
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 12:30 pm

Azureus is the bittorrent client that I use to download the files. What will happen is that you'll download the torrent file, then open it with your bittorrent client. That client will then download (essentially p2p) the actual file you're trying to get. Once that is complete, then you'll be able to watch the video (in this case) with windows media player (WMP) or whatever. If you have trouble viewing it with WMP, try searching for and downloading VLC Media Player.

A couple of important notes for Azureus - make sure to go into the options and set your upload transfer rate to some lower number (somewhere between 5 and 50 kbps). If you leave it at unlimited it will seriously hinder your computer because that is generally the limiting factor (you can leave your download at unlimited rate). Also, you can tell it to not download specific files within the torrent. For example, if you don't want it to download episode 4 just right click and set the importance to 'do not download'. Along these lines, you can also tell it which files are more important by right clicking and setting the importance to 'high'.

any other questions? let me know i can try to help out.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Boomerwang wrote:
RaSa wrote:

This means only one thing - that we need more of our friends and new friends on these forums to expand in games and player base. =P

True..... but then i'd feel obligated to join all the new games.....*shudder*.

Oh, and ps. i like the fact that this forum keeps quotes inside quotes...... that will be abused afro
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 3:55 pm

RaSa wrote:
Oh, and ps. i like the fact that this forum keeps quotes inside quotes...... that will be abused afro

it's good and bad. there have been times that i wanted the multi-quote, but it also leads to really obese posts with only one new line. also, these smilies are ridiculous pig
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 4:41 pm

an elephant never forgets :D Thanks for the info alex, I'll be playing with it and let you know if I run into any other problems.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 12:54 am

pharaoh
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 12:57 am

RaSa wrote:
pharaoh

wtf does this even mean? seriously... i pharaoh your mom last night... lol!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 4:39 pm

afro foshizzle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A M U R I Z O N forums :: General :: Media & Entertainment-
Jump to: