A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Books! "Ubersleep"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Books!  "Ubersleep" Left_bar_bleue-9/8Books!  "Ubersleep" Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

Books!  "Ubersleep" Empty
PostSubject: Books! "Ubersleep"   Books!  "Ubersleep" EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:35 am

So the full story goes like this. I get /. email updates, and one of them references Fuller's Dymaxion car. So I go searching for that on wiki, and discover that he used "Dymaxion" to brand his stuff. One of the things he branded was a polyphasic sleep schedule. Poly for many, phase, so multi-phased sleep schedule, as opposed to our normal monophasic sleep schedule (sleep <8 hours at night). Essentially, it stresses taking naps during the day and sleeping less at night to get more "awake" time every 24 hours. Searching that on wiki, I came across this book written by a blogger named puredoxyk named "Ubersleep". I haven't read it yet, but it promises to be exciting. It's available for $7.95 on lulu.com as a pdf download, or I could put it up on my webspace for people hard on cash.

It might not work out for people on a standard schedule, working from 9 to 5, but I'll give it a shot since I'm still stuck in China with nothing better to do.

EDIT:
So 72 pages of e-book reading frenzy later, I've determined that this person is pretty cool. She does martial arts, has a young daughter, and also plays RPGs. Like...this one. She mentions "water clock" and footnotes: Great, now that I said that, I want to go get my dice and pencils. Wink. It's an interesting read, and if you plan on starting polyphasic sleep, is an invaluable resource at 8 bucks. Although, I will warn everyone that it's probably not a good idea to do it if you have a job, or a wife. Good thing I have neither...yet. xD my time left in China should be a valuable time during which I can experiment with this, and report back to you guys on the details. Perhaps if this works out well for me, you guys can try it too...?

Edit2:
She lives in Michigan! and linked to this: http://gizmodo.com/202629/bag-of-holding-%252B20-to-geekiness AND http://www.jbox.com/PRODUCT/MKY001 She's totally cool in my book now. Also a philosophy major....erm...used to be.

Last edited by hikaritenchi on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more information, and finished the e-book)
Back to top Go down

Books! "Ubersleep"
Page 1 of 1