A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Transformers: RotF

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Transformers: RotF Left_bar_bleue16/33Transformers: RotF Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

Transformers: RotF Empty
PostSubject: Transformers: RotF   Transformers: RotF EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 4:28 pm

has anyone else seen this yet? what did you think? since I'm guessing not everyone has seen it yet, i'll withold my comments for the time being until a few other people post.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Transformers: RotF Left_bar_bleue31/21Transformers: RotF Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: RotF   Transformers: RotF EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:03 pm

I know Jerry saw it (he went Saturday) and I went to see it on Sunday...yup...this was baby's first movie. I actually really enjoyed it. I still don't like how they portray the transformers once they transform (like bumblebee is all ratty and old looking when he's in bot form, then he is a sleek/shiny car when he transforms. They also don't seem to have enough of the original vehicle when they transform. And what was up with Devastator...disappointing. But all in all I was pleased with it and I am looking forward to dino-bots in the third installment in this series.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Transformers: RotF Left_bar_bleue-9/8Transformers: RotF Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: RotF   Transformers: RotF EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:07 pm

they're making a 3rd one? I can't wait! I already went to see the 1st one like, 5 times total, ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Transformers: RotF Left_bar_bleue1/0Transformers: RotF Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: RotF   Transformers: RotF EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:22 am

I think this second film definitely tipped the scales toward Michael Bay Gratuitous Mayhem and away from Charming Steven Spielberg Story. I personally enjoyed it, but I watched it on IMAX and I personally felt I would've enjoyed it just as much on THX/regular screen (i.e. I didn't think the IMAX experience was that great). I felt like they just took what they thought worked in the first film and tuned up the dials across the board - the Witwicky family antics was ridiculous, and I can't say I was a fan of the... "tongue action" nor the tiny robot humping Megan Fox's leg. Unfortunately, these gags didn't work for me. I have mixed feelings about the culturally-inclined "Autobot Twins." But again, I enjoyed the action, I enjoyed Devastator (though he didn't seem to do squat - bummer!), I liked that they showed somewhat how the world has responded to the presence of the Transformers and the resulting dynamic between Autobots and Decepticons, and so on. I just felt like the first movie was a much more well-rounded movie.
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Transformers: RotF Left_bar_bleue16/33Transformers: RotF Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: RotF   Transformers: RotF EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:40 pm

Yeah, Jerry summed up my thoughts pretty well. I already discussed with Ben, and then forgot to post my follow up post! I enjoyed the movie, and the action was pretty good. Some of my complaints were that the transformers seemed to be far more expendable in this movie. There were so many! While it was cool to see different things transform (Devastator for example), there were simply too many of them to really care when someone was getting blasted. The twins were stupid, and the humor in general wasn't too hot. Dogs humping once - kinda funny... dogs humping twice - not funny anymore. There were a lot of cool things, but there was next to no character development. The scene in which Optimus was fighting off 3+ decepticons was great, but it was basically the climax of the movie for me. I am still looking forward to a third one, especially now that Michael Bay has said he won't do it. They missed out on actually developing the characters, so the third movie's director will already be behind the 8-ball for that. Anyway, action and effects - 8/10, story - 7/10 (but only because of 'the death of optimus'), acting/characters - 3/10.

Overall - 6/10. Enjoyable and entertaining, but not good.

Binary score - 1/1. (ie. I am not angry I spent my time or money to see this movie.)
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Transformers: RotF Left_bar_bleue-9/8Transformers: RotF Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: RotF   Transformers: RotF EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:12 am

ooh, i like this binary score concept....except now that I think about it, all my binary scores would be 1/1...

Perhaps the general opinion of the movie in China differs due to the lack of maturity of the fans (I mean their fandom, not their hormones), but fans in China seemed to like the movie more than you guys seemed to. They agree with the lack of story vs excess of effects, but still somehow think that Transformers came from Japan.

I still have yet to see it, and perhaps will have to settle for digital distribution, if I don't make it back before they stop showing it in theaters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: RotF   Transformers: RotF Empty

Back to top Go down

Transformers: RotF
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A M U R I Z O N forums :: General :: Media & Entertainment-
Jump to: