A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

American Gladiators

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
American Gladiators Left_bar_bleue16/33American Gladiators Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

American Gladiators Empty
PostSubject: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyMon May 12, 2008 7:28 pm

uh, so apparently this thread was at one of the other sites (or i'm blind, heh).

Evan's gladiator name = Rocket. kinda close on the naming, but only in the spirit of what the name would be based on. ben and i agreed it had to be speed related and i guess we were right.

Monica's gladiator name = Jet. looks like they went with a theme on this one.

i was looking at the website and it looks like they got rid of Mayhem and Fury? [edit - they are the alternatives for season 2]
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
American Gladiators Left_bar_bleue9/14American Gladiators Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyMon May 12, 2008 9:00 pm

lol..... it didn't get canceled after all? Nice.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
American Gladiators Left_bar_bleue16/33American Gladiators Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:03 pm

yeah d00d it wuz just on!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755

Character
HP:
American Gladiators Left_bar_bleue31/21American Gladiators Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:37 am

heh...it's always on after I goto bed...they are posting it on the website again this season right?
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:42 am

probably. i don't see why they wouldn't!
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
American Gladiators Left_bar_bleue9/14American Gladiators Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:43 am

wuz it awesome?
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
American Gladiators Left_bar_bleue-9/8American Gladiators Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:02 pm

wait what
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:56 pm

right...... i'll have to watch it next week....... on someone else's television. I have no cables :'(
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:59 pm

um... or online?
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
American Gladiators Left_bar_bleue31/21American Gladiators Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptySat May 17, 2008 7:41 am

Yeah, I just watched it...I can't believe Gerry almost beat evan up the wall...I mean, granted he had a 7 second head start, but damn, he musta known the fire was on his heels. Impressed with the paralympian's performance as well. Like phoenix on vertigo...she's sick.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:04 pm

Alterith wrote:
Yeah, I just watched it...I can't believe Gerry almost beat evan up the wall...I mean, granted he had a 7 second head start, but damn, he musta known the fire was on his heels. Impressed with the paralympian's performance as well. Like phoenix on vertigo...she's sick.

yeah, that was crazy. gerry was soo close, but evan is ridiculous. phoenix gives crush a run for her money for the title of hottest gladiator.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptySat May 17, 2008 4:49 pm

I love her entrance too...the wings are a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
Archtemplari

Archtemplari

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Character
HP:
American Gladiators Left_bar_bleue14/14American Gladiators Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Offense: BAB: +1 Melee: 4 Ranged: 2
Defense: AC: 15 FF: 14 Touch: 11

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:12 am

i dig all this newfangled stuff. just watched the first episode on nbc.com
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptySun May 18, 2008 8:43 am

I still don't understand why they haven't brought back the ball event, where they rolled around the giant balls and tried to settle them in the pods. That was like one of my favorites to watch. The new one where they launch up and have to shoot baskets is one I've seen before...doesn't seem new...maybe it was on a nick kids show instead of gladiators...but I thought it was a gladiator one...can't remember where I've seen it before but I know I have.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:37 am

the rocket-basketball one is very similar to one they used to have. they would rocket up, but would have to grab the balls velcro-ed to a hanging middle post. the balls (color coded) were worth 3 at the top, 2 in the middle, and 1 for the bottom ones. once you grabbed them, you had to return to your start zone and go up some steps to deposit the ball in your 'bank'. at the end of the time you'd get points according to the balls in your bank.

the atlasphere (where they are in the hamsterballs) is making a comeback this season. i think it'll probably be featured in the episode this monday. this is assuming that the AG wikipedia page wasn't lying to me.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:54 pm

Ah, glad to hear its coming back. I know they said they have 7 new ev ents...and we've only seen like 2 so far (Vertigo and the rocket ball one) unless they count the higher wall and longer eliminator as new events (and is it just me or does the eliminator seem like it isn't that much worse than before. I mean, I know they have a few more things to do (balance beam, tight rope, and the spinning drum...but all those seem like they are kinda like resting points for the contenders...they aren't that hard. Taking that wall out of the beginning seems like it would make it easier to me. I mean, the swimming really shouldn't be that hard...the cargo net is the worst part, the hand bike I wouldn't even waste my time trying Razz
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 9:13 am

So yeah, I've gotten way behind on this show and have been playing catch up the past week. I just watched the episode with the twins and the dancer vs. the doc. WHAT A FINISH! After a long hiatus, I'm really getting back into this. Have they brought back atlasphere yet?! I haven't seen it up to the point I've watched (ep 5 I think)
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:16 pm

I'd love to try the eliminator at some point..... honestly, it doesn't look THAT difficult..... except for the hand bike thingy..... idk...
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 4:20 pm

It doesn't look that difficult (as in each event seems easy enough) but putting them all together would be so difficult. The wet cargo net is the worst part of the entire thing I think, as far as exhaustion goes, and then have the inclined treadmill at the end is just cruel. I agree it would be fun to run it, however.

I missed episodes 2 & 3 and for some reason they aren't available anywhere online which makes me sad. Also, have you found where the full events are on nbc.com? I've been looking because in every show they cut out a couple events and I can never find them. I have not seen atlasphere yet either which is sad because it was one of the coolest events imo.

Has anyone seen that new tv-show kinda like max-x called wipeout (I think). I've watched a couple episodes now and its pretty entertaining. Their final event rivals the eliminator as far as difficulty goes (contenders finish in 8-10 minutes instead of 1-2 minutes).
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:58 pm

I watched the first ep of wipeout, but then promptly forgot which day it was on (Tuesdays) along with I Survived a Japanese Game Show (which I liked better, actually). Entertaining, but not nearly as good as Ninja Warrior (on G4 TV... like all the time).

Anyway, just watched the first semi-final of AG. Atlasphere is back!!!!!! YES! Assault + Atlasphere = my favs. Also they revealed the last (?) new gladiator - Beast. He definitely rivals Titan and Justice as the biggest mofo on the show... 7 feet 318 lbs... and Brick almost had him off balance on Joust. Of course, he knocked the crap outta the other guy. The other thing I thought was hilarious was when Steel talked. When the ref said 'Gladiators ready?!', she said 'Yep'. I thought she was supposed to be silent? Figured they'd catch that in editing...

Whatever.

Tim (Tii-aaaamm, according to his parents while cheering) is friggin fast on the eliminator. I'd like to see Evan (Rocket) go against him!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 8:20 pm

I wanna see him and evan match on the eliminator and titan vs beast on joust (though don't honestly think it would be much contest, titan has way more skill in the event, and I think enough strength to move beast off the platform)
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Yeah, Titan definitely has the skill. I'm not sure how much height/weight Beast has on him though... might be enough to make it entertaining. Probably it would end in a draw though... *sigh* I can always hope!
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 3:18 pm

either way it'd be a whole ton of fun to watch. I've always liked jousting the best anyway..... since back when i kicked gary's @ss during post prom my senior year. great memories, and the moment is even photographed :D
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 6:03 pm

As long as you actually swung and knocked him off I'll give you credit. I hate it when people just jab... defeats the purpose, reduces the fun, and in general is just a cheap win.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 2:35 pm

So I just watched the season finale online, and I can't believe that Rocket got beat up the wall...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Gladiators   American Gladiators Empty

Back to top Go down

American Gladiators
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A M U R I Z O N forums :: General :: Media & Entertainment-
Jump to: