A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning Left_bar_bleue1/0Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning Empty
PostSubject: Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning   Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning EmptyThu May 08, 2008 10:22 pm

David,

I've shared an EXCEL spreadsheet with you via Google document. You can find my specific treasure division for each character on the second tab. Feel free to ignore the allocations for Mystia and Random.

The items in red denote those that the characters have not yet identified, don't worry about the yellow. Doing so will cost them money, but they may seek out the local shop for an attempt. I don't recall how much it would cost for them to have items identified, but it usually involves some kind of identify spell. Details can be found in the DMG, I remember. They can also try to figure out the properties themselves if they have Knowledge skills pertaining to the nature of the item. For example, Knowledge: Arcana might help them identify the magical nature of potions, etc. If a character has Profession: Armorsmith, or Craft Weapons, feel free to give them a bonus on their skill rolls. Sometimes, failing the skill roll might incur penalties (they discern wrong properties, etc.). Be creative.

Characters are more than welcome to trade amongst their group. Kindly discourage trading across the two gaming groups, as they are now distinct. Please share Alterith, Rasa, Skythar and Squin's treasure information with them. You will also want to request that they re-send you a copy of their updated charcters sheets with the treasure added.

The Group Fund treasure we can list in the main forum, as these resources will be available for either group to grab from their "home base" in between adventures, sell for profit, or keep for fuutre use.

I know this is a lot of info to take at once - take your time. One word of caution: It was hellish organizing the treasure on my own. You might recommend that your group divvy up treasure as soon as they come across it in the game, and keep track of running totals for each individual. That way when a character's treasure capacity is reached you can let them know and future treasure will go to those who still haven't reached their max for that level yet.

Last edited by Boomerwang on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning Left_bar_bleue-9/8Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning   Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning EmptySun May 11, 2008 11:17 am

Hey Jerry, there are a bunch of numbers and stuff...and it seems like there's a bunch of repeated information?

One more question: how are we gonna do this group fund thing? I guess if we're gonna keep track of it as DM's, it could be put in the technical forum? in any case, let me know.

I guess my question is more like, say in your adventure, your group decides to sell all of the treasure for money, and buys some nice presents for this powerful wizard they want to coerce. When my group comes back, and suddenly needs the liquorice roots as a present for this powerful landlord...they'd be pretty pissed.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning Left_bar_bleue1/0Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning   Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning EmptyMon May 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Good question on the group fund.

Option 1 - My initial thought is to have two separate group funds. But I think the drawback there is that the groups will be encouraged to be even more independent and we'll lose the "strike teams" focus.

Option 2 - A second idea is to have a big group policy that each group can only take up to 50% of the equivalent wealth from the group pot. So in your example, Strike Team A could only sell half the stuff for their gifts.

Option 3 - A third idea is an expansion on the second idea (which still seems to estrange the groups from each other): We can simply guide the group leaders into meeting in-game and discussing group policies. Among them would include an agreement that at any given time, a branch group could only take up to xx percent of the goods at any one time before all other groups are notified.

Regardless of what we choose to implement, I think a cool in-game idea would be to eventually have a bookkeeping-type NPC approach the group as they grow more and more famous, and ask to be employed as their financial manager (or whatever). This is not only a great way to introduce some realistic issues of organizations into the game for the players to roleplay over, but also is a natural course of the game (as players gain levels, they attract followers and cohorts, and need extra hands to help with their properties, possessions, and so on.

In this example, the financial manager would have to approve all requests for group fund use, etc. And whatnot.

Heck, we could have Mystia do it!!! Since she was the original leader anyway. And that way she could stay out of the (bloody) action and still contribute to the group as an NPC, and maintain her profession as a fisherwoman.

For now, I'll await your response on how to proceed (Options 1-3, or another idea you come up with).

Last edited by Boomerwang on Wed May 21, 2008 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning Left_bar_bleue-9/8Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning   Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning EmptyWed May 21, 2008 5:25 pm

dude, i love 3. i freaking love 3.

mystia doesn't need to die! xDD and she can "reappropriate" some funds for her own use also. just because that would make things interesting xDDDD
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning   Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Nice!

I've updated my Treasure thread to reflect this approach, and made a general notification in the Common Announcements thread pointing all players from both games to check it out so that everybody will know what is going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning   Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning Empty

Back to top Go down

Co-DMing - Treasure Allocation Planning
Page 1 of 1